PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Playthough... Frustrating?

tjbyrum1
05-27-2011, 08:22 PM
I am not saying why, or anything.

But take your Brotherhood game, put it in your console (start a new save file) and replay the game.

Tell me it isn't frustrating.

I mean, don't get me wrong, its a great game. Really! Brotherhood is my favorite AC to date truthfully. No other game beats it. I love this game, the storyline - gameplay - everything!

But honestly, Brotherhood is just so frustrating a second time though it. It's like something you can't put your finger on, I just don't know how to say it.

My second, and third, playthrough were VERY frustrating. I think it's because I already know what to do (such as 'kill that guard, then that guard, then assassinate that politician') but I always end up doing something wrong - several time - because I get anxious (cause I already know what to do) and everything gets messed up, I get frustrated, and ragequit. However, this isn't the full, or maybe not even the reason, why I get frustrated a second time, because I cannot quite put my finger on it.

Just tell me, do you think a second playthrough gets very frustrating?

donngold
05-27-2011, 08:25 PM
Simple answer yes

iN3krO
05-28-2011, 03:24 AM
depends the game and how you do a second playthrought...

In Ac1 i've repeat it several times... twice with only hidden blade, one with short play and now i'm trying to do without HUD and Map http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Ac2 i've repeat it twice... 1 to spot better the whole story thing and the other to make a Review of Keyboard + Mouse VS Controller to my school informer...

AcB i'm going to repeat it without buying any weapon (except crossbow) and i'm not going to buy any armour...

All i do is because i want challenges (yes ac1 was "too hard" if you read the reviews but, even so, after you get skill it becomes too easy)

crash3
05-28-2011, 05:00 AM
AC good to repeat as you can approach each mission in many different ways

AC2 is only good to repeat if you are prepared to repeat the whole story, some missions can be approached in many different ways

ACB has the best way so far to repeat individual missions and now theres an incentive to repeat them to get 100% sync but that makes the missions way too linear and you can only do missions in a certain way

100% shouldnt constrain missions so much

Bruno_Berg
05-28-2011, 06:25 AM
Can't say that I agree. I've played through AC2 4 times and AC:B 3 times, can't quite get myself through AC1 a third time mainly because it gets really boring. It's only the kills that are fun the rest is tedious as hell.

BK-110
05-28-2011, 06:31 AM
Nope, thoroughly enjoyed my second playthrough...

GunnarGunderson
05-28-2011, 07:31 AM
It didn't really seem frustrating to me, It seemed alot shorter, though. I guess the only reason I replayed AC2 so much was because of the inability to replay individual missions. But brotherhood only has a few mentionable missions that you'd want to replay

ChaosxNetwork
05-28-2011, 07:45 AM
Been through three times now, paused my fourth. It only gets better.

itsamea-mario
05-28-2011, 07:52 AM
Not really, then again my second playthrough was quite a while after my first, i tried to forget most of the details.

Razrback16
05-28-2011, 08:23 AM
No I find the games quite fun to replay, all of them. AC1 being the least exciting simply because the initial side missions and all the darn viewpoints are a bit monotonous. I was glad they significantly reduced the # of viewpoints in ACB.

Inorganic9_2
05-28-2011, 09:47 AM
Sightly agreed. It's so good when you get it perfect, and I always try to get the things I do to be perfect. I had a few gos at getting the Borgia Tower (whoever it is who guards the Romulus treasure) perfect. I did it pretty well in the end, but I kind of wish I could've done better (I wish we could rpelay Borgia towers tbh)

ILLusioNaire
05-28-2011, 10:03 AM
On my second run through ACB I actually did better than the first time, which is usually what happens to normal people. And you say you actually did worse than before the second time around? Man you suck...

Lol. Just kidding. A lot of times, whether I'm going through the story for the second or fifth time I always do something stupid during some mission. I can't always play perfect. I think you have to reconcile with that fact if nothing else.

But, you can always work on being a better player by taking some of the missions slower. This might allow you to think of scenarios you never thought of before. And what's more is by taking things slower your anxious nerves might calm a bit. This could allow you to play better and think more clearly about what it is you're doing. It works for me on many games.

IIwangcarsII
05-28-2011, 10:44 AM
I tried to play brotherhood for a second time and I really got bored! So I ended up playing through AC2 for a 4th time!

ILLusioNaire
05-28-2011, 10:47 AM
^Lol, yes! ACII is much better than Brotherhood in terms of story.