PDA

View Full Version : extra release game?

Sarari
09-30-2011, 11:08 PM
Do you think Ubisoft will maybe release an extra story line for Altair? So we can get a better understanding of him, because I don't think playing only 5 missions with him in ACR will help much.

Tell me what you guys think. Also, sorry if the title misleads you, I have no intention of that http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

lukaszep
09-30-2011, 11:47 PM
I dunno, i think we're gonna be surprised by the length of the Altair segments, and there is already a book about his whole life. I think there is a better understanding of him there for those who want to know about it, but it seems like Ubisoft and most players will be done with him after Revelations.

InfectedNation
10-01-2011, 03:08 AM
Like poster above said, try reading the novel (Secret Crusade)

LightRey
10-01-2011, 03:24 AM
The Alta´r sequences are going to get the same kind of length and depth as the Ezio sequences from what I've seen and heard so far. I'm actually more interested in how long the Desmond parts of the game are going to be.

CRUDFACE
10-01-2011, 04:00 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:
The Alta´r sequences are going to get the same kind of length and depth as the Ezio sequences from what I've seen and heard so far. I'm actually more interested in how long the Desmond parts of the game are going to be.

I'm more interested in everyone else's story except for Ezio since it officially ends in Embers.

-How Subject 16 will be handled and how he'll guide Desmond
-Desmond's background and how he left the farm
-Altair's story, before and after. the things about him that we've seen, well two of them, are from just one mission.
-Those Who Came before
-Modern day Assassins

eagleforlife1
10-01-2011, 04:09 AM
The interest factor for me is in the following order:

* Ezio
* Altair
* Desmond

reini03
10-01-2011, 04:11 AM
They already said that neither Ezio nor Alta´r will be featured as a main character in a future game, but "maybe as a side character in AC10 if the fans want it".

PirateRob
10-01-2011, 04:36 AM
as much as im looking forward to acr and i love playing as ezio and altair, im glad ubi has made the decision to move on from them its whats going to make ac3 so fresh, like i said nothing against either character or acr which im really excited about just cant wait for the fresh setting and ancestor in ac3, i personally think that too many more games as either character would be going to far theyve already stretched ezio and altair far enough as it is

ZzFinzZ
10-01-2011, 05:00 AM
I think Altair sequences are either going to be Cristina styled missions or Additional Memories.

CRUDFACE
10-01-2011, 05:10 AM
Originally posted by ZzFinzZ:
I think Altair sequences are either going to be Cristina styled missions or Additional Memories.

They're much more in depth than the Christina styled missions. They're going to be more intense, story driven and well, just better.

Have you seen any of the gameplay or vids from them yet?

LightRey
10-01-2011, 05:54 AM
Originally posted by t260z:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ZzFinzZ:

They're much more in depth than the Christina styled missions. They're going to be more intense, story driven and well, just better.

Have you seen any of the gameplay or vids from them yet? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
This. Aside from the fact that the demo should speak volumes, it's been stated on several occasions that the Alta´r sequences will be quite long and in depth.

CRUDFACE
10-01-2011, 06:25 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by t260z:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ZzFinzZ:

This. Aside from the fact that the demo should speak volumes, it's been stated on several occasions that the Alta´r sequences will be quite long and in depth. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No joke, they've shown us so much, but I think the first mission is going to be pretty long, the last one might be short but filled with Revelations

Sarari
10-01-2011, 08:37 AM
I think they over did Ezio's story by a long shot. I think they should of split the games half and half between Altair and Ezio.

When I say that I mean 2 games for Altair, then 2 games for Ezio http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

ajl992008
10-01-2011, 08:53 AM
what woud have been cool is if they had a seperate team making a console gsame based on assassins creed bloodlines set for release the august that just went, this way we would have had the chance to wet our appetites until acr came.

Abeonis
10-01-2011, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by Sarari:
I think they over did Ezio's story by a long shot. I think they should of split the games half and half between Altair and Ezio.

When I say that I mean 2 games for Altair, then 2 games for Ezio http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Erm, Altair has appeared in four games (including his cameo in ACII), Ezio has appeared in three...

Altair661
10-01-2011, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by t260z:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by t260z:

This. Aside from the fact that the demo should speak volumes, it's been stated on several occasions that the Alta´r sequences will be quite long and in depth. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No joke, they've shown us so much, but I think the first mission is going to be pretty long, the last one might be short but filled with Revelations </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I always thought it would be somthing like this
45% Ezio
30% Altair
25% Desmond

dxsxhxcx
10-01-2011, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by Abeonis:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sarari:

Erm, Altair has appeared in four games (including his cameo in ACII), Ezio has appeared in three... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

do you call the Nintendo DS and the PSP "games", games?! :P

Ok, AC: Bloodlines (PSP) might be considered as one, but both of them are nothing compared to Ezio's games, he had all his games for the main platforms while Altair only had one (and a half(?) if we consider ACR), there's a big difference between a game for the main platforms and a game for secondary platforms like the PSP and the cell phone(!!).. I mean, Nintendo DS, Ubisoft didn't even try to make things work for Altair after they released AC1, they just demoted him to "inferior" platforms to erase the bad image left by AC1 due to its flaws (that had nothing to do with the character or the story but Ubisoft's failure in add enough variety to the game) and focused on the next game (AC2)...