PDA

View Full Version : AC:R The doctor, a problem.

TigerFox360
08-12-2011, 02:59 PM
Okay, i really hope someone can shed some light on this,
i live in the US, and i really want to get a version of the game (or preorder bonus) that involves my fave character from the previous game, the Doctor.

the only two places i see right now, selling the game, are Bestbuy, and Gamestop.
neither offer the doctor as a bonus.
from what i also understand, there is no collectors edition coming to the US, so my chances of getting him are.. what? zero? because i live in the US?
in this digital age, that's a little primitive, isn't it?
i'm a loyal fan, i've bought every game so far, and gotten collectors editions when i could as well..

is the US not getting a collectors edition? and if not, why?

GunnarGunderson
08-12-2011, 03:03 PM
I think the Ottoman Doctor comes with the standard edition, I could be wrong though

HIBEE12
08-12-2011, 03:13 PM
no it wont come with the standard edition, unfortunately it won't be available in the us until its out on dlc like they did with the harlequin so your best shot is to get the uk special edition on ebay or order from game.co.uk

LightRey
08-12-2011, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by TigerFox360:
i live in the US, and i really want to get a version of the game (or preorder bonus) that involves my fave character from the previous game, the Doctor.

the only two places i see right now, selling the game, are Bestbuy, and Gamestop.
from what i also understand, there is no collectors edition coming to the US, so my chances of getting him are.. what? zero? because i live in the US?
i'm a loyal fan, i've bought every game so far, and gotten collectors editions when i could as well..

It has nothing to do with this day an age. It's just that usually it's Europeans that don't get all the content.

twenty_glyphs
08-12-2011, 03:30 PM
The Ottoman Doctor does appear to be exclusive to GAME and comes with the Special Edition, so it's not available to most people. All good questions about why, but we have no answers and probably never will. I suspect retailers are paying good money to get exclusive pre-order bonuses for popular games. As such, the bonuses have to be "exclusive" for at least a certain amount of time as agreed to in a contract to be worth anything to the retailer. So game developers are creating lots of content and selling rights to that exclusive content to different retailers to help themselves make more money and help their retail partners market the game. It sounds good in theory, but consumers are hating it. We have to sift through all the different pre-order bonuses to find what we want, and in many cases there are ones that we are completely locked out of depending on where we live.

People will argue that it's no big deal because a lot of the bonuses will come with DLC later, but that's not always the case. Even so, last year's Da Vinci Disappearance came out almost 4 months after the game launched. That's an awful long time to wait to get your favorite multiplayer character that was only available in another country on launch day.

As for the Collector's Editions, you've got me. It makes no sense to me why Ubisoft is always putting out a better edition in Europe. They have tons of fans just waiting to hand them even more than the $60 that their game costs, and in many cases they'll never see that extra money because people won't buy an inferior collector's edition. That makes no sense to me -- people are waiting to hand you money, and you make it hard for them to give you their money. That only gives people a chance to change their mind.

TigerFox360
08-12-2011, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TigerFox360:

It has nothing to do with this day an age. It's just that usually it's Europeans that don't get all the content. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i don't really agree with it going either way like that,
i lived in the UK up until i was 19, and was often getting games later, or not at all, because of slower release dates.

i was under the impression that most games were pretty region 'neutral' on things like preorders and such now, since most game release dates are the same time, if not a day or two between. (i especially thought this about collectors editions , hence the "this day and age" comment)

as a fan in the US, i'm just surprised to see, as someone else said, ubisoft missing out on the sales here.. perhaps the brotherhood collectors editions didn't sell as well in the US?

SleezeRocker
08-12-2011, 04:14 PM
All I can say OP is:

http://blog.wtfconcept.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/patience-padawan.jpg

Stowdace
08-12-2011, 04:42 PM
I went to my local GameStop as soon as I read about the game's signature/special edition in my GameInformer. They assured me that I'd get the Vlad the Impaler dungeon for single player, and the Ottoman Doctor, Crusader, and Ottoman Jester skins for multiplayer. I don't think this offer still stands.

acjake
08-12-2011, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by TigerFox360:

What edition are you getting? Will you be getting the Gamestop edition?

Let me know I might be able to help you out. This is what I'm getting (it includes the Ottoman Doctor) Btw I live in Canada.

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA...ff4916a4f5788368en02 (http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/assassin-s-creed-revelations-xbox-360/10171125.aspx?path=558b01b6ffdf887bff4916a4f578836 8en02)

Jexx21
08-12-2011, 05:24 PM
If you're getting it on the PC, get the digital deluxe edition. It usually is the best edition for the US.

TigerFox360
08-12-2011, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by acjake:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TigerFox360:

What edition are you getting? Will you be getting the Gamestop edition?

Let me know I might be able to help you out. This is what I'm getting (it includes the Ottoman Doctor) Btw I live in Canada.

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA...ff4916a4f5788368en02 (http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/assassin-s-creed-revelations-xbox-360/10171125.aspx?path=558b01b6ffdf887bff4916a4f578836 8en02) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Canada DOES use region 1, of course!
if that website will let me preorder from them, then you've helped me out a TON! thanks!