PDA

View Full Version : trigger on x45 not working

dwieser
12-08-2004, 12:14 PM
my trigger on my x45 has quit working after only four months of use! has anyone else had this problem? i dont sqweeze it overly hard im not a nervous shooter

TX-EcoDragon
12-08-2004, 01:05 PM
I have had it twice on the two I've owned. Overall I like the stick for the money, in particular if you get it when it is on sale (my second one was 49.99 USD) and opt for an two year service plan. But at this point I may not be getting a third though. . . the CH stick and throttle combo will probably replace it as I've had better long term luck with CH stuff over the years. (Though I actually prefer the X-45 otherwise)

catahoulak9
12-08-2004, 05:37 PM
Yep, mine quit after 9 months. I e-mailed them and they gave me a return authorization number and want me to send it in for repair. I just re-mapped to the Fire C button and I'll keep using it until I can afford a stick that lasts for more than a year. Too bad though, It's a great design but I think they cut corners on components to bring it in for a good price.

I remember seeing a source for Sidewinder trigger switches here a while ago. Does anyone know what and were to find a replacement trigger swith for the X-45. I'd rather do it myself than go without my stick for a month while they repair it.

Waldo.Pepper
12-08-2004, 05:44 PM
I got mine and it came with a sticky shift key. They wanted me to return it to exchange it for a whole new one. So because it was brand new I figured they should send me one first then I would send them the old one.

They thought so too after I threatened to just return the whole thing.

So they sent me the new one, and were real nice about it, and let me keep the other one too!

I was going to sell the one with a sticky shift key, and disclose the sticky button, but I decided to keep it.

I'm happy!

Spinnetti
12-08-2004, 05:53 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dwieser:
my trigger on my x45 has quit working after only four months of use! has anyone else had this problem? i dont sqweeze it overly hard im not a nervous shooter <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, I'm just having that problem now. Happened on my first one too. For me it was either squeezing to hard, or a flimsy design - probably a bit of both. I just took it apart and fixed it (superglued the switch in place so it wouldn't move around).

catahoulak9
12-08-2004, 06:16 PM
Superglue,duct tape and beer can fix just about anything.

dwieser
12-08-2004, 09:23 PM
Pulling it apart now thanks guys

Villicus
12-08-2004, 09:26 PM
Yup, that's what I did to mine. It took only about ten minutes for the repair, but watch out for the pinkie switch so that it doesn't fall out cuz it's a pain to put it back in.

catahoulak9
12-09-2004, 04:53 AM
Just fixed mine too. The plastic bracket that holds the switch in place had broken completely off. Good as new now, maybe even better. Thanks guys.