PDA

View Full Version : Button assignment on Logitech Cordless Rumblepad 2

vinnybhaskar
04-30-2008, 01:44 AM
Hi,

I have a Logitech Cordless Rumblepad 2 which I am using with Assassin's Creed. I am struggling to get the button assignment correct. What I mean is AC considers the button 1 on the controller as 0, 2 as 1, 3 as 2, 4 as 3 and so on.

Therefore whenever I have to press button 2 as the game suggests for a desired action, I end up pressing the button 3 to perform the action.

I am helpless on how to get this working. Any help would be highly appreciated.

Chiles4
04-30-2008, 02:41 PM
I'm using a Rumble pad 2 as well. I actually like the way the AC has set up the buttons. I'm not sure what the problem is.

Yes, the game tells you to press the wrong button for every single button but simply ignore it and press the button that you know is correct.

They've set up the 1,2,3,4 buttons as sort of like points on the body. 4, the highest button, represents the head (for looking) and the eye for Eagle Vision. 1 and 3 are the next buttons down and are for hand functions. 3 is for gentle push or grab and 1 is for "attack" (or whatever they call it in AC). 2, the lowest button represents the feet and you use it for running and blending.

I think that layout is intuitive - it goes from head down to feet - so I'm not going to remap the buttons. I just sort of ignore what the tutorial tells me regarding what buttons to push.

BTW, the bigger "flapper" buttons on the top side of the Rumblepad 2 are not referred to correctly in AC either.

BTW, my gamepad is corded but I hope what I said still applies.

hutzdani
05-03-2008, 02:58 AM
i have the same pad aswell, and it mapped it fine, just press the mode button 3 times and then it is set so all the 1,2,3,4 buttons are the same as the dial in the top right of the screen, and shoulder buttons do the profiles and sprint and such, left d-pad selects throwing knives sword knife and fists as per dial on screen.

don't see how it can map it wrong, you just need to fiddel.

e-j1967
07-29-2010, 08:17 PM
I have the corded Rumblepad 2. I can't get it to work with my Win 7 system. Any thoughts? At first it was working sporadically, now it's not working at all.

e-j1967
08-01-2010, 11:18 PM
Update... I've since replaced the rumble pad 2 with a new one. I can now play the game, but unfortunately, the game pad drops out occasionally. I have to get out of the game and back in for it to return. Any thoughts?

primerib69
08-01-2010, 11:37 PM
Welcome to the forums vinny and ej! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif