PDA

View Full Version : 360 or PS3, I need help. (Off-Topic)

First-Endever
05-05-2007, 04:48 PM
Okay, thanks for coming in here and trying to help, first off.

Well, my problem is, I had a 360, I like, I had it for 3 months or so, then I sold it, and bought a PS3, (Always been a sony fanboy), now most games that I want are also on the 360, like well, AC, army of two, kane and lynch, and so on, and while this whole console war went on about AC, I thought to myself if I was playing AC ( or any other game I have listed, and some more) which system would it just feel better on, so I did, and I came to a concclusion, that evrything I had thought of, seemed like it felt better on the 360, so therefore it makes sense to me, to assume that the games would be better for 360, because of the controller, controls, placement, weight, all of those factors.

So I need some of your opinions to help me out. I have recently been thinking of selling my PS3 and buying a 360, ( I don't like to flop back and forth, but sometimes I do)

Some help woul be appreciated, just try to do what I did also, the whole Visualization thing.

Thanks.

ifiwerearichman
05-05-2007, 05:50 PM
Firstly, all those games that you mentioned (AC, army of two, kane and lynch) are coming to the PS3 anyways. Secondly, just get whatever you feel like, heck, if you like both then just get both. Just don't ask people what you should get cause its only gonna be problematic.

First-Endever
05-05-2007, 05:56 PM
I know those games are on ps3 to, i just meant that they would feel better playing on a 360. That, and I am just asking oppinions.

ElKvass
05-05-2007, 06:39 PM
About feeling good playing a game.
The gameplay, graphics, etc. etc. will be the same on both consoles, but I think that the ps3 would run the game better. For instance loading time(if there is any in this game) entering new areas and such things would probably be more smooth on the ps3. But if you like the xbox 360 controller best and feel more comfortable with it you could ofcourse change to a 360. But I mean it's not gonna take you long to get used to the controller and the machine just sits next to the tv so I would recomend that you keep your ps3. Just my opinion, and yes I do have the ps3 myself. Btw mgs4("metal gear solid 4" for those who aren't familiar with the game)is only coming on the ps3, atleast at the moment and that itself is a reason to keep the ps3. You will also lose money on selling the ps3 since it's used. So just save some and buy the 360 if you really feel like it and then you'll have both. Sorry for the long post...

First-Endever
05-05-2007, 06:45 PM
No, it's fine Elkvass, thanks for that.

chewie1890
05-05-2007, 07:26 PM
I have the 360 personally. I most definitly love it. My favorite thing probably (besides the games) is the controller. I like that in comparison to the PS the analog stick placement switched, I much prefer it being in top left with the D-Pad below it, as opposed to the D-Pad on top and the Analog below it.

Now about those games I mentioned earlier. Several of the games I'm really looking forward to are Mass Effect and Bio-Shock. So far these games are exclusive to the 360 which makes me need my 360. I'm not really a fan of the MGS series so that doesn't bother me at all, and Devil May Cry and GTA 4 are now for the 360 so I don't have to worry about that either.

So far it seems to me that a lot of exclusives are slipping away to multi-platform. With that in mind I feel confident that all of the triple A games will make it to all of the platforms so i'm not worried about exclusives that much either.

Most people boast about the PS3's power but I doubt that many developers will take the extra time to really make use of that power. If they have a game already made on the 360 with nice graphics, I don't think they are going to go to the PS3 version and spend a few extra weeks and thousands of dollars making it prettier than the 360 version, the cost and ammount of extra work just wouldn't be worth it to make a console with a smaller user base happy.

That's just my two cents, I like the PS3 and a few of its games look quite nice (Ninja Gaiden, MGS 4 does look nice but i'm not really interested in it, Lair, etc. etc.

mormonplyr
05-05-2007, 08:43 PM
xbox 360 definately!

chewie1890
05-05-2007, 08:46 PM
If you wouldn't mind posting reasons behind your decision, that would be excellent.

First-Endever
05-06-2007, 07:01 AM
*Bump* Please, anyone?

pieceout92
05-06-2007, 11:07 AM
I have played the 360 and it was ok but i have always for most of my life played play station. You also said you are a sony fanboy. I used to have a 360 but the exclusives it had(excluding halo) didnt really interest me. the xbox controller doesn't really feel right to me cuz i have always had it with the play station controller. As for developers not using the power of the ps3 when they find that the 360 cant take a few games the ps3 can they will just make them for ps3. In a year or 2 they will fully use the ps3 power and not even try to put it on 360.

First-Endever
05-06-2007, 11:28 AM
Well, that would be sweet, I believe it, to an extent, i think they would still put em on 360, just downgrade if needed. Unless that takes time.. thats one thing I am worried about AC with, they might put work on it into the 360, but ps3 version could be a little better, but they don't do it, know what I mean?

chewie1890
05-06-2007, 11:33 AM
Explain to me, if you will. Why they would take the system with the smallest user base, and the system which is the hardest to program for, and put games only on it? What you fail to realize is that developers don't care about making great games, they care about making games which make them money.

Besides first party titles all most all games are going to be cross-platform. In my oppinion Sony's studios will probably be the only ones who will make use of the PS3. The other developers don't care that the PS3 can handle things better because the other two systems have a bigger user-base. No developer will take extra time to make the PS3 graphically enhanced if they can just have it at the same level of the 360 and get it out faster. It would just be a bad business move.

You can see it with Assassins Creed if you want, the developers are keeping the systems equal! There is reasoning behind that, because it would be a waste to make one better than the other, because everyone will still buy it if it's at the same level as the 360!

Illuminatus_85
05-06-2007, 11:51 AM
I guess I would say to go with the 360 if that's what you feel most comfortable with. And if you feel most comfortable with it, then I would think that deep-down you really do want to get another 360, you just don't admit it to yourself because the PS3 has its perks too.

I was gonna say that if your a shooter fan to go with the 360, but I really can't because both Sony and Microsoft have both changed their marketing strategies for this generation. Last generation I saw that the Xbox had a lot of shooters and the PS2 had mostly RPG's, etc. But this generation the 360 has a lot fewer shooters while the PS3 is getting games like Killzone and MGS4(not a shooter but close)(i dont know if that made any sense, and It was completely off-topic so I'm sorry for that.) Go with the 360.

First-Endever
05-06-2007, 12:09 PM
Yah, okay chewie, makes plenty of sense. I don't really know what I was talking about or saying in that last post.

chewie1890
05-06-2007, 12:17 PM
I was talking more to pieceout, but i'm glad you got something out of it. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Phreaky_McGeek
05-06-2007, 02:01 PM
It depends really. If you use Xbox Live go for the 360 version (achievements and so forth). Otherwise, I'd go for the PS3 version.

Adam6456
05-06-2007, 02:35 PM
im a new member but i would go with the 360 cuz i had a ps3 and it didnt work so well so i sold it for the 360 and with the extra money i bought gears of war so that was a plus and i dont notice a big enough difference between the two to spend 200 more on the ps3

ElKvass
05-06-2007, 04:21 PM
The thing is that none of you are a game developer and I'm afraid I'm gonna sound a bit like a fanboy by saying that the ps3 is actually more powerful, it has more potential and how do you know that it's harder to program a game for the ps3 then the 360? I've read in a lot of different interviews etc. that game developers meet different challenges on the two consoles, I have never seen anyone saying that the ps3 is so much harder to work with. The game developers can't only think about making money when making a game because if they do their game won't sell. And if the game developers only care about making games that fit the console with the biggest user-base they can make them for the ps2 wich still is the best selling console. I don't think that game developers will stop making games for the 360, but I think they will have to make a 360 version and a ps3 version. And in the end the ps3 will drop in price and it will sell more. Btw game developers already have different issues and problems with the 360 because they have to adapt to the core version wich has no hdd. I.e. GTA4. I think they will make games and put a tag on it saying something like "HDD Required". And that will make the 360 sale drop. Just my opinion and I feel that I sound like more of a fanboy than I actually am:P I'm not from an english-speaking country so I have some problems sometimes with saying what I want to say.

chewie1890
05-06-2007, 05:07 PM
I'd do what they did with Splinter Cell: DA and slap a 'Hard-drive Required' tag on there.

If you've never heard that the PS3 is harder to program for, then you must really not read much. I'm not even going to post links which are backing this up, I will simply say this, because the PS3 uses a cell processor, it is much harder to program for.

Even if it wasn't harder to program for no developer is going to go through the extra effort to make it prettier on one console and make the other consoles angry. Even if they didn't care about the gamers, they would care that Microsoft is most likely willing to pay some cash to keep the PS3 at the same level.

Anicrow
05-08-2007, 05:46 AM
I'd like to contribute one thing that PS3 Is getting in this fall.

Which is "Home"

We don't really know how good this might work, or how bad this might work. Regardless it looks like it will be amazing, and will really expand your options everytime you boot up your PS3. Sure the Mediashare and xbox360 dashboard is cool, but Home looks assinine, especially if you're an MMO fan.

Youtube has quite a few trailers on it if you haven't heard of it.

As far as stats go, PS = Free Wi-fi and More processing power. You could always get a 360Elite though..So meh.

First-Endever
05-08-2007, 06:28 AM
I still don't know hat I really want, I am more with the ps3 though... If I did switch to 360 thought, I would get elite.. I have heard some thing.. well, read some things, on GTA IV, and in some article (If I can find again I will put up a link) they said that the ps3 had more capabilties (For that game, not every game) over the 360, so there fore they said the ps3 will have some better quality or advantages or something over the 360, and as for the 360 to make up for that they said of course about the achievements, and some added things, anyone know anything on this?

Anicrow
05-08-2007, 11:06 AM
Not sure personally, but I just remembered the whole Rumble thing, It's not a huge deal, but it's something that I kind of expect out of my games so that would probably feel a little weird.

Touching up on certain things, Microsoft is hellbent on destroying Sony this round, (God knows why) They're also filthy rich, so you can have faithe that on a big title like GTA IV they'd probably throw money around to get things looking more kosher on the 360 side, it's all a matter of time though :| The only "safe" bet is to get both :P

ElKvass
05-09-2007, 09:56 AM
Microsoft is playing it dirty(not that sony hasn't had some anti 360 campaigns). Microsoft is more afraid of sony then sony is of microsoft. Sony knows that they will "win" by using time to their advantage and not by being big spenders in the beginning and get as many exclusives as possible. In a lot of interviews with 360 representatives they are allways talking about the exclusives to the 360. They even said that gta4 would be exclusive to the 360 when it actually was the downloadable extra missions or whatever that was exclusive. There probably is a lot of the same stuff from sony's side, but it's not as noticable. The only big difference on the elite version is that it has a 120 gig hdd and hdmi wich should be on all the 360's in my opinion. Maby not 120gig hdd, but atleast a 20 gig one. As for the rumble thing I don't think I could care less. I have a 5.1 surround system with quite large speakers so my room rumbles anyways and then it rumbles in sync not out of sync like most games with rumble does. Not that the 360 isn't a good console, but I just dislike some of the ways they are bashing the oponents. Now that microsoft has the elite version I don't think people can complain about the price of the ps3 anymore because now they can see how expensive a version that is closer to the ps3 in performance is. The ps3 still has got a bit more juice in it then the 360.
Just my thoughts and I just want to say that I don't have anything against the xbox console itself just the console war **** and all the bashing.

First-Endever
05-09-2007, 11:37 AM
Nice post. Also, I think that the ps3 is like, well a beta in a way, like, they just release to the public, see how it does, and possibly upgrade it later, or just make the ps4 that much better (Yah, people talk about the next console as soon as the newest one comes out)
If yah know what I mean.I do not like how Microsofft tries to beat their opponents either. Sony and Nintendo should team up http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif even though there is no need, I do not know how they would do that anyways though.

cheekyf3llow
05-09-2007, 12:19 PM
Just go for the 360

btw i dislike the Home idea it just gives gamerz more ways stay indoors instead of getting exercise.

First-Endever
05-09-2007, 12:51 PM
Well gee, I have never heard of an outdoor game, or gaming system, so any game is a way of keeping people inside instead of being outside or exercising, then that would be no reason to dislike Home because of that.

chewie1890
05-09-2007, 02:25 PM
I guess the people who are annoyed with Microsofts AD campaign never read the interview with the Sony head that EGM (I believe it was EGM, might of been GameInformer) had. If you saw that then you would step off Microsoft.

I love when the big companies get competitive, gives me something to read that's exciting, and that I can make fun of. So long as commercials don't end up like the Apple commercials with biased and false information being made, i'm fine. Let them make fools of themselves if they wish is what I say.

ElKvass
05-09-2007, 03:00 PM
Nope I haven't read it. I fully agree with you on the Apple commercials. I was in a crappy mood when I wrote that post anyways, I had just found out that I have to go on some lame-*** trip into the woods with my school. I have to pay for it aswell http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

I guess I'm a bit defencive since I bought the ps3. I really think the console is brilliant, but I'm probably gonna buy the 360 aswell when I can afford it. Right now I'm gonna buy a car and I need to pay inshurance(really really really expensive in Norway for 18 year old guys, a cheap one if you have an ok car is about 2000 american dollars a Year.)And on top of that I have to pay for **** like that trip.

chewie1890
05-09-2007, 04:07 PM
Haha, no problem. Sucks about the trip, fight the power and don't go. Just to make sure we're clear, I wasn't trying to attack you or insult you, I was just tossing my two cents into the bucket. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif Everybody loves smileys http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

SpyderNynja
05-09-2007, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by chewie1890:
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif Everybody loves smileys http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

thats why they're there, look under my sig http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

ChrisJabe
05-12-2007, 03:31 PM
it really couldnt matter less http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif (which console you go for that is) like my freind said, one goes 1,000,000 mph the other goes a million and five. Most ps3 exclusives are now coming to 360 anyway, so theres even less difference http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

randman2007
05-12-2007, 06:35 PM
Or you could just pick to run it on a PC and run it on machine that's BETTER than a PS3 or a 360.

But that's just me.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

ElKvass
05-13-2007, 07:09 AM
I'd like to see that computer. Btw you would need crazy hardware because when you run a game on a computer, lots of other things are going on in the background(at least a lot more then on a console). It's gonna be expensive as hell to get a computer that can match the new consoles.

Howler13
05-13-2007, 08:13 AM
Actually, the top-of-the-line computers are better than the current consoles. In my opinion, PC's have one advantage and one disadvantage over consoles:

+: PCs get upgrades many times a year, allowing the games for them to constantly get better. Within the next yeat, the PC will be capable of far more than any of the consoles.

-: You could buy the highest end everything (sound card, graphics card, proccessor, etc.), and within minutes, there's better out there. The amount of money that would be needed to keep you PC at its best is phenominal. And, if you don't do these upgrades, have fun trying to play the latest games, you PC will lag like nobody's business.

With consoles, you make an investments of (right now) anywhere from $250-600, and you're pretty sure you won't have to worry about upgrading at least about 4 years (the Elite doesn't count as an upgrade, because it's pretty lame [and I'm not console-bashing, I own a 360]). Overtime, devs find ways to push each console's capabilities; compare some of the first games to come out for PS2 with some more reacent titles. Just compare God of War to God of War 2, I notice a difference, and that's only a two year gap, the console had already been out 2-3 years!

Boromir323
05-13-2007, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by Howler13:
Actually, the top-of-the-line computers are better than the current consoles. In my opinion, PC's have one advantage and one disadvantage over consoles:

+: PCs get upgrades many times a year, allowing the games for them to constantly get better. Within the next yeat, the PC will be capable of far more than any of the consoles.

-: You could buy the highest end everything (sound card, graphics card, proccessor, etc.), and within minutes, there's better out there. The amount of money that would be needed to keep you PC at its best is phenominal. And, if you don't do these upgrades, have fun trying to play the latest games, you PC will lag like nobody's business.

With consoles, you make an investments of (right now) anywhere from $250-600, and you're pretty sure you won't have to worry about upgrading at least about 4 years (the Elite doesn't count as an upgrade, because it's pretty lame [and I'm not console-bashing, I own a 360]). Overtime, devs find ways to push each console's capabilities; compare some of the first games to come out for PS2 with some more reacent titles. Just compare God of War to God of War 2, I notice a difference, and that's only a two year gap, the console had already been out 2-3 years!

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

Also when you get PC games you get the advantage of the modding community to extend the games life. I got an extra 150 hours out of Oblvion this mods.

kevhardy
05-13-2007, 12:39 PM
I have both a 360 and a PS3 and would have to say I prefer the Sony for better graphics - I have Oblivion on both formats and it is way better on the PS3.
However, the 360 is good for achievements and xbox live, although Sony will be launching Home in the Autumn and that may go some way towards rectifying this.

Phreaky_McGeek
05-13-2007, 01:24 PM
I've learned a few things about the PS3 just from reading this topic and I'd say it'd be safest to wait until the game release.

Howler13
05-13-2007, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Boromir323:
Also when you get PC games you get the advantage of the modding community to extend the games life. I got an extra 150 hours out of Oblvion this mods.
I just recently dicovered the wonderful world of mods for Morrowind. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif Sadly, I can't get that on Oblivion (I have it for 360 because my PC would probaly literally cry were I to try and play Oblivion on it).

Originally posted by Phreaky_McGeek:
...I'd say it'd be safest to wait until the game release.
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif
Honestly, until the game is out, no one knows which system it will look better on.

NO ONE.

chewie1890
05-13-2007, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by kevhardy:
I have both a 360 and a PS3 and would have to say I prefer the Sony for better graphics - I have Oblivion on both formats and it is way better on the PS3.

You should read the article on 1up.com entitled "What the cell?" You might have a different oppinion afterwards.

randman2007
05-13-2007, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by ElKvass:
I'd like to see that computer. Btw you would need crazy hardware because when you run a game on a computer, lots of other things are going on in the background(at least a lot more then on a console). It's gonna be expensive as hell to get a computer that can match the new consoles.

Actually, my current computer CRUSHES what a PS3 or an XBox 360 can do. I have a dual core 2.4 pentium processor. 4 gigs of Ram. Dual NVidia 7900 GTs running SLI. Plus I'm running it on a 64 bit operating system. Yea... I think I've got an Xbox 360 and a PS3 covered.

That problems with PC gaming is (and always has been) that 1. we don't get as many cool games as consoles. 2. a lot of games come out a little buggy and you have to wait for a patch. But if a good developer put their time into a game, you have a flawless masterpiece on your hands.

PCs have their ups and downs just like consoles do... but processing power is definitely not one of their flaws.

chewie1890
05-13-2007, 06:53 PM
You just made me feel very inadequate.

randman2007
05-13-2007, 08:38 PM
Aw man. I'm sorry. I wasn't trying to brag or show off. I was just trying to show that the technology is out there. Sorry Chewie.

First-Endever
05-13-2007, 09:31 PM
Yah.. you mad my computer feel bad.. Heh.

Howler13
05-13-2007, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by randman2007:
... I have a dual core 2.4 pentium processor. 4 gigs of Ram. Dual NVidia 7900 GTs running SLI. Plus I'm running it on a 64 bit operating system...

That... means absolutely nothing to me. That's why I'm a console guy! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

tailstriker
05-14-2007, 01:19 AM
basically...his machine is almost 4x a 360.

ElKvass
05-14-2007, 08:03 AM
Nice specs on your computer dude http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
But I just want to say that a console isn't relying on as much ram as a computer, because there is a minimal of stuff going on in the background when playing a game. So a console can often pull of the same graphics as a good computer at least for some years. I haven't upgraded my pc for a while, next time I will build a new one. Gonna save me some money http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

JSterz_Rge
05-14-2007, 10:09 AM
Ok, heres my opinion for you dude.... keep your ps3, because eventually it will have some games you can play on it, but get another 360.

why? well it might make me sound like a fanboy, but the games are there. the 360 has an amazing library of games, and seems to be the only one of the two consoles that is able to hang onto its third part exclusives while getting sonys. mass effect will be amazing, so will bioshock and halo3. but thats just the tip of the iceberg of what they have.

people fail to realize that exclusives are very important. games drive console sales, and if you want your console to sell better than your opponents, you will want to have games that you can only play on that console. sony has very few left. mgs4(which i could care less about) lair, which looks good, what is that little big planet about? people seem really really excited about a gimmick game. buy a wii if youre into that sorta thing.

what i do know, pertaining to assassins creed, and from all ive read about the game from different publications is that the performance edge is being given to the 360. graphically the game will look the same on both platforms, the edge im talking about is in the crowd ai. because of the way the 360 is set up in its processors and with its superior 512mb of ram over the ps3s 256, they have said (the chick developing the game) that the crowd ai will react more realistically and slightly better on the xbox version.

now im sure that it wont be so drastic that it will change gameplay, or even be all that noticeable, but you asked for which version would have the edge, and there it is.

sure, the ps3 is a powerful machine, but the 360 is very powerful too. the majority of tech people that have really done their work on both machines say that they are about even. this is due to the way they are put together and how they utilize their hardware.

so there really is not a noticable difference between the two. and as far as graphics go, nothing looks better than gears of war yet. mgs4 looks like it will have awesome graphics, but thats not here yet.

if you like the 360 controller better (i certainly do) then you would be better off with the 360 version.

and to quell any fanboy comments directed at me. i fully intend on getting a ps3.... you know... once it has some games that i want to play that i cant play on my 360.

Howler13
05-14-2007, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by tailstriker:

And I would gusss it cost about 4x as much as a 360. =]

Originally posted by JSterz_Rge:
Ok, heres my opinion for you dude.... keep your ps3, because eventually it will have some games you can play on it, but get another 360...

Well, yeah, ideally I'm sure everyone wouldn't mind having both. You do raise a good point about the PS3's library being kind of lackluster, but that's a very short-term perspective. PS3 still exclusively has Ratchet and Clank and God of War 3, as well as (offically, so far) Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts. These will sell PS3s. And I'm sure there's more. I personally am not very excited about Lair or Heavenly Sword, but there is alot of hype around those games.

Originally posted by JSterz_Rge:
...and as far as graphics go, nothing looks better than gears of war yet...
*coughOblivioncough* Sorry, something in my throat. Okay, that's opinion; I prefered Oblivion's art style over Gears'. Gears looked good, but it was very untinteresting to me.

brandonofarabia
05-14-2007, 06:43 PM
ps3 my friend. if you have not read the post about the fact of assassin's creed they said the crowd ai would not be possible without the ps3 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif. that says a lot.
and pretty much all games are going to be universal so i would stick with the ps3 since you already bought it, but try to get both. i have both systems and much rather my ps3 than my 360.

chewie1890
05-14-2007, 08:32 PM
Saying the crowd AI would be impossible without the power of the PS3 was a blatant lie on Ubisofts part. Apparently it is just as possible on a 360 as a PS3 and had the capability to be better slightly better, it may not be a large ammount but it still ruins the arguement.

randman2007
05-14-2007, 09:04 PM
quote:

ACTUALLY, pc parts are pretty cheap if you assemble the machine yourself! Microsoft and Sony say that they take a loss every time they sell a 360 or a PS3... They must not be getting decent bargains on their gear. I just bought a 500 gig hard drive the other day for $100. No joke. How does Microsoft and Sony rationalize charging so much more for so little? Besides... I don't just have my PC for gaming. I know it may not show it according to the art forum, but I'm a professional graphic designer by day. Nerd by night. Well, technically that makes me a nerd by day too... but you get what I'm saying. So I need the extra processing power and RAM to do my job. The higher end video cards offer more precise color control. Plus now Adobe CS3 can use the power of the GPU on graphics cards.

As far as running it on a PS3 or a 360 is concerned... If you already have a 360, get it for the 360. If you have a PS3, get it for PS3. If you're lucky and you have both... throw a coin into the air. I doubt you'll be disappointed. Though the PS3 is a little wet behind the ears at the moment, it'll have plenty of time to mature by the time this releases.

Oh, and if you have a kick-butt home PC... maybe getting it for the PC might be a good option. PC games are generally cheaper, sometimes by up to $20. I'm sure this game will have plenty of mods like Oblivion. One neat advantage about PC gaming... it's always backwards compatible, so in 15 years if you want to dust off this game again, you can.

kabura786
05-14-2007, 11:02 PM
i don't think at this point we cant say which one is going to have better crowd AI first they say it can't happen without the power of the ps3 then they say the xbox will have it better but u won't notice it at all? wtf is up with that, and just so you know the ps3 has a more complicated RAM system it has 256MB XDR main ram and 256MB GDDR3 VRAM which if you do ur math adds up to 512MB

Tidenburg
05-15-2007, 11:52 AM
I have:
@Ps3
@xbox 360
@Xbox
@PS2 and Ps2 Slim.
@Sister has a Wii
I have to say:
Ps3 is good for the graphics on its exclusives but there are heaps of graphical errors. If you don't get them then your either lying or lucky. I crashed my car into the wall and the whole level became un-rendered and I just could get it back, many more things like that. As said previously it sometimes feels like a beta.
The 360 has a huge amount of games and Xbox live is amazing. The achievements give you a reason to play the games and then laugh at your friends when you hit 10K before them :P

ATM I do slightly prefer the 360, as said before the 360 and Ps3 graphics are not that different because if the game is multi-platform there is no point spending thousands of pounds to add new features and graphics for such a small amount of consumers. 360 runs most cross platform games, I have DA on the PS and my friend has it on the 360 and it looks and play much nicer.

So my list:
~Xbox controller is superior.
~Little or no difference in Multi-platform games
~Graphical Errors on PS3
~Superior graphics on PS3 exclusive games.
~Blu-ray allows for extra conent which would require downloading off of marketplace on 360.
~Dashboard is good and simple.
~'House' looks wicked but looks tedious
~Spring Update for 360 now allows MSN from PC > 360 and vise versa.

I used to be a PS fanboy until Xbox, then I got 360 and got a Ps3 for my birthday, I've now come to accept that, while the PS3 may be more powerful, sony's consoles are a dying beast http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif
Sorry for long post. Just thought that some peoples thought's are biased as they don't own both console or haven't played them for more than a couple of hours.

And just on a sidenote:
Im not very experienced with all the different types of RAM so I dont know if some types of more powerful but I do know 512MB of RAM isn't very much at all, less than a standard computer, but then you aren't talking about DDR2 ram so im not quite sure...

tailstriker
05-15-2007, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by Howler13:
PS3 still exclusively has Ratchet and Clank and God of War 3, as well as (offically, so far) Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts.

squareenix (FF) said that XIII is coming for 360, and one of the others were already released for 360 (I think.)

It does have MGS4 though, but I didnt like 3 much.

tailstriker
05-22-2007, 01:35 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">quote:

ACTUALLY, pc parts are pretty cheap if you assemble the machine yourself! Microsoft and Sony say that they take a loss every time they sell a 360 or a PS3... They must not be getting decent bargains on their gear. I just bought a 500 gig hard drive the other day for $100. No joke. How does Microsoft and Sony rationalize charging so much more for so little? Besides... I don't just have my PC for gaming. I know it may not show it according to the art forum, but I'm a professional graphic designer by day. Nerd by night. Well, technically that makes me a nerd by day too... but you get what I'm saying. So I need the extra processing power and RAM to do my job. The higher end video cards offer more precise color control. Plus now Adobe CS3 can use the power of the GPU on graphics cards.

As far as running it on a PS3 or a 360 is concerned... If you already have a 360, get it for the 360. If you have a PS3, get it for PS3. If you're lucky and you have both... throw a coin into the air. I doubt you'll be disappointed. Though the PS3 is a little wet behind the ears at the moment, it'll have plenty of time to mature by the time this releases.

Oh, and if you have a kick-butt home PC... maybe getting it for the PC might be a good option. PC games are generally cheaper, sometimes by up to $20. I'm sure this game will have plenty of mods like Oblivion. One neat advantage about PC gaming... it's always backwards compatible, so in 15 years if you want to dust off this game again, you can. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

good post, 4x the 360 cost is like what 1.6k? i think if you built the computer on your own you could get it for like ~1k

but i think some of the older games might not be backwards compatable. something about multi-threading messing up the game. i dont really know too much about it, check the "games for windows" thread.

ZilDoggo
05-23-2007, 12:45 PM

Actually, my current computer CRUSHES what a PS3 or an XBox 360 can do. I have a dual core 2.4 pentium processor. 4 gigs of Ram. Dual NVidia 7900 GTs running SLI. Plus I'm running it on a 64 bit operating system.

LOL!.

Uhmm, if you look at it from a games perspective you have some prettyu expensive but mostly useless scheit.

first,
dual core 2.4Ghz
How many flops is that?
Now compare that to the cell processor, it will be about 5~10 times faster that any pc available up to quad cores.

4 gig of ram.
You dont need that much to run games!
Ooh, wait, on a pc you do because the mass storage is the bottleneck and you can't stream poly's and textures from a 20G bluray disc.

Dual NVidia 7900 GTs running SLI
LOL,. you spent a hell of a lot of money on stuff that will never get used properly.
True, this combo is much more powerful than either 360 or ps3 BUT,
a pc with current version of windows/directx wont even touch upon the potential of these babies.
This will be (FINALY, ITS ABOUT BLOODY TIME, YES MICROSOFT, I'M TALKING TO YOU! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif ) fixed in directx 10 and you should see a (approximately) 10-fold increese in game speed from then on. And thats for new dx10 games only afaik.
Consoles, on the other hand, always had direct access to their hardware.

So, in the end, for you to play games that look like ps3 or 360, you will need to upgrade now.
And then again in a year or so.
And propably one more time after that.

PC's have their advantages, but doing unspeakable things with the graphics hardware is not one of them.

danirivera12
05-23-2007, 09:57 PM
ok, im a 360 owner, and i must say a very happy one, actually i just join this forum to tellyou that you should go with the 360 elite becouse my friends that went with the ps3 where trying to convince me that tue ps3 was the ultimate console becouse it had more storage cappacity than the 360 and when the elite came up they shutted up becouse it doubles the storager capacity of the ps3, and also the games, my friends pass a lot of time in my ouse playing with me in my xbox becouse they are already sick of the ps3 games they have, becouse there arent as many as in the 360, like 160 games, and the 360 doesnt have excessive loading times, as other posts say. So go for the Elite! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Name_Taken_1000
05-23-2007, 11:14 PM
Resell value of PS3 wil be low and almost all the games you mentioned arecoming for PS3 and more.

Oh and this is scientific proof for those who like to say my system is better than this or that. I own a PS3 and I am happy with it. My Friend and Xbox 360 and its fun. And if people hate to be wrong saying my console is better because of this and that well HERE YOU GO ACTUAL PROOF FROM A NON PS3 FANBOY BASE!

Guy is a computer eng. student and knows a whole lot about hardware and how things work for both systems.

http://www.ps3forums.com/showthread.php?t=22858

Some may say well no wonder its a PS3 forum well the guy has also posted on Xbox forums aswell don't know the links.

MeloniesHomeboy
05-24-2007, 04:30 PM
So far Ubi games have been better on the 360, not saying this is gonna be the case with AC, I do believe that the 360 ver might have a better framerate etc. Plus the controller, how can anyone forget the controller, anyways ill be getting the 360 ver no doubt, theres nothing on the ps3 that sparks interest except Socom and mybe Heavenly Sword. XD

bobbylucifer1
05-24-2007, 05:02 PM
well the latest interviews said that each system (including pc i believe) has its own sub-team developing for it but they are doing their very best to make sure each plays exactly the same for AC. they've said that the 360 version may have a slightly better frame rate (1 or 2 fps), but i'm pretty sure they mentioned a tiny advantage to the PS3 version as well. basically they said that you won't notice a difference unless you play them side by side and look VERY hard, so i doubt it's worth changing consoles solely in the name of AC. for other games though i can't say yet as i currently own neither a PS3 or 360 but will almost certainly be getting the 360 just for this game.

LordBleu
05-26-2007, 05:56 AM
ifiwerearichman wrote:

Just don't ask people what you should get cause its only gonna be problematic.

What's problematic about asking people for their advice? When someone asks advise its problematic when people post and dont bother to help. 300 for an x-box, 500 for a playstaion... Suuuuuuure, just buy both, why not?

/endrant

Now, back on topic and to the OP.

Playstation has better graphics but comes at a much higher wallet cost. 360 has had a head start and the xbox live community is vast. My personal oppinion is go with the xbox due to its price and wide selection of games.

DimDagger
05-27-2007, 05:29 PM
I vote for 360 because of the games... graphics don't really matter because there's not such a great difference. Besides, if you like Assassin's Creed, you might also like Splinter Cell 5, which will be Xbox 360 exclusive!

chewie1890
05-27-2007, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by LordBleu:
What's problematic about asking people for their advice? When someone asks advise its problematic when people post and dont bother to help. 300 for an x-box, 500 for a playstaion... Suuuuuuure, just buy both, why not?

Asking people about what system to buy typically brings the fanboys out of the woodwork and ends in a locked thread. He was just saying something that was highly possible but luckily not something that happened. Sort of...

Th3_James
05-28-2007, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by mormonplyr:
xbox 360 definately!

Dude...seriously..GET GOLD! what is the point of a 360 without it honestly! it's soo damn cheap too

but yeah... the game will probably run pretty much the same on both consoles and it's what type of games you want and to the guy who said ps3 will run smoother and load better.. your full of it because ps3 is harder to develop for and the 360 disk speeds own blue ray speeds

i think that the 360 online is better but hey thats just my oppinion and i have played a ps3 extensively and there arn't many AAA games out yet but they will come and it also depends on what franchises you like? ps3's or 360's

Assassins creed comin to 360 saved me $600 and so did devil may cry 4 now i need a reason for one