PDA

View Full Version : Please Help with com problem...

IZT
01-08-2005, 03:50 AM
ok i upgraded my com, now theres sth wrong, please help me if u can my partents will kill me if its spoilt.

OK heres the problem, My com works fine. i use pc3200ram. kingston. So today i bougt a new ram of the sam speed n brand n type and installes it. now thecomputer won't staret. i tried starting with the old ram alone, it won't start either. Whats Wrong??? will a different CL ram speed i.e. 2.5 and 3.0 be the problem? but my com won't start with the old ram alone even as it did b4. it will load to the msi screen then the screen just turns black without any processor running. Help!!

IZT
01-08-2005, 03:50 AM
ok i upgraded my com, now theres sth wrong, please help me if u can my partents will kill me if its spoilt.

OK heres the problem, My com works fine. i use pc3200ram. kingston. So today i bougt a new ram of the sam speed n brand n type and installes it. now thecomputer won't staret. i tried starting with the old ram alone, it won't start either. Whats Wrong??? will a different CL ram speed i.e. 2.5 and 3.0 be the problem? but my com won't start with the old ram alone even as it did b4. it will load to the msi screen then the screen just turns black without any processor running. Help!!

Cajun76
01-08-2005, 06:08 AM
Had similar problem. Refer to your manuals, online and off, and reset your bios per your manufacturers instructions.

Note: If you don't know how to do this, get help. It's better to do this right than mess it up even more.

I'm not the world's expert, this is my recomendation. Use at your own risk, and maybe try the Community Help Forum. This fix worked for me in a similar situation. Hope this helps, good luck and

Bearcat99
01-08-2005, 06:52 AM
Are you sure you properly seated the RAM? It sounds like a dumb question andI am not trying to insult you because I have done this myself. Remember the first law of troubleshooting.... check ALL your connections, make sure you didnt knock off a power connector or a hard drive connector.

singaslinga
01-10-2005, 05:54 PM
Had a simalar problem when returned back to the uk. Unpacked pc from heavy shipping, Iwas using MSI neo 865pe, would boot to bios and then die :O( advice that found on msi site is odd, but disconnect all power cables, remove graphics card and ram, reseat all and it then worked. Goodluck.