PDA

View Full Version : Offset Rudder since 4.03

Farran1966
02-15-2006, 09:37 AM
Hello,

Since I have loaded the 4.03 upgrade I have found that the rudder of any aircraft does not return to the nuetral position and is always slightly offset, evrn with no force applied and at straight and level flight. This obviousely causes the cockpit slip indicator ball to be offset. This has only happened sine the upgade, however I did suffer with the same thing in the original version of IL2 Sturmovik.
I don't think it is a joystick issue.

Farran1966
02-15-2006, 09:37 AM
Hello,

Since I have loaded the 4.03 upgrade I have found that the rudder of any aircraft does not return to the nuetral position and is always slightly offset, evrn with no force applied and at straight and level flight. This obviousely causes the cockpit slip indicator ball to be offset. This has only happened sine the upgade, however I did suffer with the same thing in the original version of IL2 Sturmovik.
I don't think it is a joystick issue.

ICDP
02-15-2006, 11:36 AM
It seems that 4.03 has some rudder trim automatically dialed in. This is not a bad thing and can be easily remidied if you neutralise your rudder trim.

MrQBerrt
02-15-2006, 11:39 AM
I have noticed that my slip ball has been off a lot since 4.03, I have to re-trim quite often, but I just chalked it up to flying new planes (tempest) that I wasn't used to.

WWMaxGunz
02-15-2006, 12:33 PM
Of course you did go to hardware setup and see the yaw test box, rudder green square
always stays at center?

Farran1966
02-15-2006, 01:11 PM
Thanks for your replies so far, people. I have tried the trim and it is not that.

MaxGunz I think you are right the green box is offset to the right of the central line in the yaw test box. I don't seem to be able to do much about this though, I guess it must be the joystick. Or am I missing something?

WWMaxGunz
02-15-2006, 02:07 PM
It answers the question of stick or sim. It's the stick as you see unless you have
pedals doing that?

You can try playing with the stick config out in Windows.

If that doesn't work then it's deadzone time and be sure you know you have that set.

wintergoose
02-15-2006, 02:39 PM
Good to hear this. I thought my stic was out of center. I tried calibrate it but it did not change the rudder out of senter.
I am playing a IL2 campain no and the rudder is always a little to the left when I play in autopilot and the plains go stright.

It seem that this is in the cim, and it is new from 4.03.
It seems that the rudder auto compesates.
I have not checked other plains where the propeller is rotating the other way if the rudder copensates to the right.
Anybody tried a testt on this?

WWMaxGunz
02-15-2006, 02:41 PM
I did forget also that we have a key or place to assign a key to center the rudder.