PDA

View Full Version : Altair's Techniques

Strenux
12-21-2011, 09:57 AM
Why does Altair know moves like the air assassination and the quicker free-running techniques? In the Codex he talks about inventing the former and as for the latter, how would he know them so far back in the past anyway?

I'm maybe nit-picking but it almost discredits the Codex pages in AC:2 when Altair is running doing stuff that he said he invented years later. It just seems so odd to me.

lukaszep
12-21-2011, 10:02 AM
Because it wouldn't have been very fun, going from air assassinations etc. with Ezio, to standing next to them assassinations with Altair now would it?

Strenux
12-21-2011, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by lukaszep:
Because it wouldn't have been very fun, going from air assassinations etc. with Ezio, to standing next to them assassinations with Altair now would it?
It may have not been very fun but at least it would've been consistent. I personally think it would also been nice to replay some of the more slower paced combat of AC1 in contrast to AC: Brotherhood's rapid kill-chaining.

To each his own.

LightRey
12-21-2011, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by Strenux:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lukaszep:
It may have not been very fun but at least it would've been consistent. I personally think it would also been nice to replay some of the more slower paced combat of AC1 in contrast to AC: Brotherhood's rapid kill-chaining.

To each his own. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
As was explained by the devs, the air assassination was something Alta´r had invented long before writing the codex. In the codex it is described how he and Malik took the time to find ways to turn them into actual techniques rather than simply things they had improvised as young (master) assassins.

The faster climbing has likely nothing to do with either Alta´r's or Ezio's abilities and is just a gameplay improvement, like the killstreaks and being able to throw axes, etc.

Strenux
12-21-2011, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Strenux:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lukaszep:

To each his own. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
As was explained by the devs, the air assassination was something Alta´r had invented long before writing the codex. In the codex it is described how he and Malik took the time to find ways to turn them into actual techniques rather than simply things they had improvised as young (master) assassins.

The faster climbing has likely nothing to do with either Alta´r's or Ezio's abilities and is just a gameplay improvement, like the killstreaks and being able to throw axes, etc. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
So how does he know it before he kills Al Mualim in ACR yet he doesn't when for the entirety of AC1? It's just inconsistency on Ubisoft's part, I guess it's not a big deal but it still makes little sense why he didn't use it AC1.

LightRey
12-21-2011, 11:20 AM
So how does he know it before he kills Al Mualim in ACR yet he doesn't when for the entirety of AC1? It's just inconsistency on Ubisoft's part, I guess it's not a big deal but it still makes little sense why he didn't use it AC1.
Actually, you can do air assassinations in AC1. They're just much harder to pull off.

Inorganic9_2
12-21-2011, 11:39 AM
I never understand why people ask this question; Alta´r could do air assassinations in AC :s

LightRey
12-21-2011, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Inorganic9_2:
I never understand why people ask this question; Alta´r could do air assassinations in AC :s
I guess they didn't play it often enough. Some people never figured out combo kills in AC1 either, so not knowing you can do air assassinations is not really so surprising to me.

sassinscreed
12-21-2011, 12:52 PM
Why does Altair know moves like the air assassination and the quicker free-running techniques? In the Codex he talks about inventing the former and as for the latter, how would he know them so far back in the past anyway?

I'm maybe nit-picking but it almost discredits the Codex pages in AC:2 when Altair is running doing stuff that he said he invented years later. It just seems so odd to me.

wtf? you don't have to invent stabbing people with blade to kill them you just have to be normal not too stupid guy to know it he just jumped on guy and stabbed him its not something you need super intelligent man to do it and he wrote it in codex later in ac 1 you can't do it not because altair didn't know it, but because its first game and ubisoft didn't think of it yet

SolidSage
12-21-2011, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by sassinscreed:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Strenux:

wtf? you don't have to invent stabbing people with blade to kill them you just have to be normal not too stupid guy to know it he just jumped on guy and stabbed him its not something you need super intelligent man to do it and he wrote it in codex later in ac 1 you can't do it not because altair didn't know it, but
because its first game and ubisoft didn't think of it yet </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Although this isn't well written, it IS a good point, the mechanic you're talking about is just Altair deciding to try a risky maneuver, and jump on a guy AND stab him at the same time. Not really a super secret technique that needed developing.
He probably didn't use it much in AC1, (well, actually, in my game he used it a bunch, and the hidden blade stabbing if downed enemies), because it's murder on the knees, and hips. Being forward deployed on missions required him to maintain peak physical performance, whereas the deal at Masyaf was a bit more "all in", if you know what I'm saying.

Voltige2011
12-21-2011, 04:11 PM
I played both AC and ACR,
*Spilers*
In the first Altair mission, you have more than one was to kill Haras.....
Another way to think of it is Ezio was controlling the memory. Then there is also the idea that Altair had no other choice but to do a really guts-y move.

On a side note you can just do a Leap of Faith,kill everyone on your way to the target. It saves more time that way, also more lives.