PDA

View Full Version : WTF! Embers Spoilers! Play Revelations Before You Watch!



Yoshack Fyre84
11-15-2011, 03:10 PM
I just watched the Embers Short Film that came with my ACR Signature Edition. A pretty cool video that I think gives a hint of what Assassin's Creed 3 (or 5 if Brotherhood was 3)will be like or at least where it will be set. After watching Embers, I wish I would have played AC Revelations first and then watched Embers. I think it would be more powerful after playing the game. I have kept this pretty much spoiler free, but didn't want to risk being banned posting this in General Discussion. I'm going to do a major Embers spoiler right now, so only read if you've watched Embers already or don't care. The below paragraph will spoil Embers for you, so don't read further unless you've watched Embers or don't care like I said.
<span class="ev_code_WHITE"> I thought it was really cool how Ezio's life ended at pretty much the exact same place as his father and brothers. That's the circle of life. What I don't understand is if that Chinese girl is related to Ezio or not. She must be a daughter otherwise why would they feature her. Maybe some answers will be revealed in Revelations. I'm thinking AC3 will be set in China directly after Embers following the Chinese girl, but she'd have to be related to Desmond and therefore Ezio for it to make sense. But then what about the guy who sits next to Ezio on the bench. Who is this guy? Is he Ezio's son? Or could he have possibly poisoned Ezio? If these characters are not going to be featured in the next AC, the next one will have to be set much further in the future. Possibly the 17th or 18th centuries, skipping over the rest of the 16th. I want other people's theories on who the guy on the bench is.</span>

JJTHoukes
11-15-2011, 05:14 PM
I know it is not possible, but the "mysterious man" reminds me a lot of Vieri de Pazzi for some (strange) reason.
Screenshot of the man's face, the scars clearly visible. (http://oi39.tinypic.com/52nex.jpg)
Who do we know that is relatively young looking, thirty tops, with such scars?

Anyway, I very much doubt Shao Yung is related to Ezio, but she could be related to Desmond. The two are not the same. One does not opt out the other.
Alta´r isn't related to Ezio either, you know?

She speaks Italian, it seems, but barely. With a thick Asian accent.
She was born in Asia, a place Ezio had never been before.

What I wonder is what was in the box, and who that man could've been. It seems he knew it was Ezio, altough I doubt he poisoned him.
It seemed more like he was comforting him, and "guiding" Ezio to his death. Like the Grim Reaper, I guess?

Yoshack Fyre84
11-15-2011, 05:18 PM
Altair should be related to Ezio by some blood. There's a statue of him in the basement of the Monteriggioni mansion. Altair and Ezio have to have some blood connection for Desmond to have both their memories. In AC2 there was Uplay content that added an Auditore Crypt to Monteriggioni that explained some of the bloodline. I don't think there'd be a statue of Altair in the Auditore villa if they weren't blood connected. And why would Ezio relive Altair's memories in ACR if there weren't some sort of connection.

I have seen other people post that Altair and Ezio are not related, but I don't understand how they couldn't be. It hasn't been explained to me to where I can say definitively. If they aren't related somehow what a crazy coincidence that the two bloodlines eventually cross bringing us the shared connection in Desmond Miles. Hopefully I'll have a "revelation" while playing ACR and get some answers.

This article gives the "official" answer. http://www.egmnow.com/articles...-and-altair-related/ (http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/assassins-creed-are-ezio-and-altair-related/)

They say Ezio and Altair are not directly related, which makes Ezio reliving Altair's memories more confusing. Also a quote from the back of the signature edition of the game: "I have always lived by the creed. My blades have dispensed death and justice in equal measure. Yet I am no closer to discovering the truth behind our order. So I must walk the path of my ANCESTOR, Altair, in whose footsteps I will find my true purpose." That just really confuses me, because officially they aren't related, but there's some kind of connection. I bet it's because they both held the same Piece of Eden! I just got that!!

Jexx21
11-15-2011, 05:22 PM
The reason that statue is underneath the villa is because Altair is an Assassin. So are the 6 other people, and they aren't related to Ezio.

Desmond has Altair's ancestors through one of his parents, and Ezio's through the other parent.

JJTHoukes
11-15-2011, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by Yoshack_Fyre:
Altair should be related to Ezio by some blood. There's a statue of him in the basement of the Monteriggioni mansion. Altair and Ezio have to have some blood connection for Desmond to have both their memories. In AC2 there was Uplay content that added an Auditore Crypt to Monteriggioni that explained some of the bloodline.

I have seen other people post that Altair and Ezio are not related, but I don't understand how they couldn't be.

There were other statues too, of other assassins, spread across different timelines.
Are you saying they are all related to Alta´r, Ezio and Desmond?

Ezio and Alta´r are not related to eachother.
Ezio and Alta´r are related to Desmond.
It's officially confirmed by Ubisoft and they even made a video explaining it.

Basicly, it's this:

Ezio has two children. The girl gets a child, whom gets a child, gets a child, .. and so on.

Alta´r had two children. One of them had a family which moved to egypt. That child gets children, and so on.

Eventually, Ezio's descendant and Alta´rs descendant get a child. That could be recent, ....the child being.. Desmond's grandfather, perhaps. It could also have been his great-great-great grandfather.

The crypt you are speaking of does not show that Ezio and Alta´r are related.
It showed the memories of Domenico Auditore, who used to know Marco Polo.
Once you've finished AC:R, you'll see how this ties into eachother.

JJTHoukes
11-15-2011, 05:27 PM
Another theory for the mysterious man I just stumbled across, is that the man was originally sent to kill Ezio, but once he noticed Ezio was already at the end of his days, he let him go.

Yoshack Fyre84
11-15-2011, 05:40 PM
Okay, I just thought of a reason why Ezio would relive Altair's memories if they are not directly related, what could possibly link the memories of the two. It's because they both held the same Piece of Eden! That's the only thing that could explain it.

JJTHoukes
11-15-2011, 05:54 PM
He relived Alta´r's memories trough the discs, ancient artifacts by those who came before.
They work simular to the Animus, however, the memories can only be played once per disc, and by anyone instead of just relatives.

Ezio was the first and last to re-see those memories of Alta´r.

There isn't really a reason behind this.
Ezio was, to finish his father's "dream", going on a pelgrim's journey to search for Alta´r's library. This library, however, needed to be opened by the seals/keys/discs.
These same discs play the memories.
So the only reason he's replaying Alta´r's memories is both because he can and because he's interested in it.

He sees Alta´r as an idol. One of the greatest Assassin's to ever have lived.

TheLongPu
11-15-2011, 06:11 PM
about the scarface young guy, probably ubi just put him in the film and haven't even decided what kind of role he will be playing in the film and following series. just a potential selling point. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Yoshack Fyre84
11-16-2011, 05:07 PM
Does the guy from the bench at the end of Embers appear in Revelations at all? He'd be about 10 years younger and maybe not have the scars. He has to come from somewhere in the game or he wouldn't have been in Embers the way he was. He was shown like we should recognize him from somewhere.

BK-110
11-16-2011, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by ThyMolizzo:
Eventually, Ezio's descendant and Alta´rs descendant get a child. That could be recent, ....the child being.. Desmond's grandfather, perhaps. It could also have been his great-great-great grandfather.

The crypt you are speaking of does not show that Ezio and Alta´r are related.
It showed the memories of Domenico Auditore, who used to know Marco Polo.
Once you've finished AC:R, you'll see how this ties into eachother.

I personally think that Desmond is the "intersection" between the two's bloodlines, making him so significant.

And yes, the crypt explains how Domenico became an Assassin and how the Codex reached Italy. (SPOILER) <span class="ev_code_WHITE">It just so happens that Marco Polo is the son of Niccolˇ Polo, who was the one who received the Codex and the Masyaf keys from Alta´r.</span>

lazy-killjoy
11-17-2011, 03:51 PM
I think that Ezio saw himself in the guy. young, ready to leave to greater places with the ladies http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif , and he had a scar in his young age. (i'm not saying the same scar as Ezio, but just that he had one) and that he seemed a lot like Ezio did in his young age at the start of AC2.

Gil_217
11-17-2011, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by ThyMolizzo:
I know it is not possible, but the "mysterious man" reminds me a lot of Vieri de Pazzi for some (strange) reason.
Screenshot of the man's face, the scars clearly visible. (http://oi39.tinypic.com/52nex.jpg)
Who do we know that is relatively young looking, thirty tops, with such scars?

Anyway, I very much doubt Shao Yung is related to Ezio, but she could be related to Desmond. The two are not the same. One does not opt out the other.
Alta´r isn't related to Ezio either, you know?

She speaks Italian, it seems, but barely. With a thick Asian accent.
She was born in Asia, a place Ezio had never been before.

What I wonder is what was in the box, and who that man could've been. It seems he knew it was Ezio, altough I doubt he poisoned him.
It seemed more like he was comforting him, and "guiding" Ezio to his death. Like the Grim Reaper, I guess?

OMG man you read my mind about Vieri de' Pazzi. I don't know why but I always thought that Vieri was not dead and thought that he could appear at some place in AC again and when I saw that guy I thought of him. But ofc it's not him. What I think that made me think about him it's when Ezio looked at the guy, he looks like he knew him, he looked scared, and they were in Firenze. Problem is, Vieri would be 70 years old in 1524 so very unlikely.

I thought too that the guy was there as a symbolic figure, symbolizing Ezio's life when he was young, only girls and diversion, but when Ezio look at the guy, man, I can't even explain. That look made it look much more than that.

Kenison_526
11-17-2011, 07:59 PM
Vieri de' Pazzi

I really wonder who is that guy. I though he was a Templar but it seems Ezio knew him. And why hold Ezio's hand? He seems like family or a close friend.

zeroezio
11-17-2011, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by Yoshack_Fyre:
I just watched the Embers Short Film that came with my ACR Signature Edition. A pretty cool video that I think gives a hint of what Assassin's Creed 3 (or 5 if Brotherhood was 3)will be like or at least where it will be set. After watching Embers, I wish I would have played AC Revelations first and then watched Embers. I think it would be more powerful after playing the game. I have kept this pretty much spoiler free, but didn't want to risk being banned posting this in General Discussion. I'm going to do a major Embers spoiler right now, so only read if you've watched Embers already or don't care. The below paragraph will spoil Embers for you, so don't read further unless you've watched Embers or don't care like I said.
<span class="ev_code_WHITE"> I thought it was really cool how Ezio's life ended at pretty much the exact same place as his father and brothers. That's the circle of life. What I don't understand is if that Chinese girl is related to Ezio or not. She must be a daughter otherwise why would they feature her. Maybe some answers will be revealed in Revelations. I'm thinking AC3 will be set in China directly after Embers following the Chinese girl, but she'd have to be related to Desmond and therefore Ezio for it to make sense. But then what about the guy who sits next to Ezio on the bench. Who is this guy? Is he Ezio's son? Or could he have possibly poisoned Ezio? If these characters are not going to be featured in the next AC, the next one will have to be set much further in the future. Possibly the 17th or 18th centuries, skipping over the rest of the 16th. I want other people's theories on who the guy on the bench is.</span>

Shao Jun is not Ezio's Daughter. That's impossible for her to be because Ezio's Daughter is Flavia Auditore, The little girl with Sophia. The Guy who sits next to Ezio is not related to him either, he's just a random guy striking up a conversation. Ezio's son is Marcello Auditore and is his only son just about the same age as Flavia. The story of embers is not really much of a link to Assassins Creed 3, why? It's a feature film on how Ezio's past has effected his future, the reason why Shao Jun visited Ezio was because she heard he was a mentor and she needed help from him to free her region. Ezio himself is trying to escape his past and forget everything related to Assassins but with Shao Jun visiting, he struggles. So there you go, I pretty much scrapped all the little thoughts of "who's this" and "how" by now. Play revelations, understand the story. That is where you want to find your Theories and hints on the next game. Examine the ending of Revelations. It'll give you a couple thoughts.

Gil_217
11-18-2011, 04:55 AM
Originally posted by Kenison_526:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Vieri de' Pazzi

I really wonder who is that guy. I though he was a Templar but it seems Ezio knew him. And why hold Ezio's hand? He seems like family or a close friend. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Didn't you play Assassin's Creed II. He was a Templar, and Ezio killed him in 1478 in San Gimignano.

TiberiusAC
11-19-2011, 05:37 PM
(EMBERS SPOILER)I'm pretty sure that guy was the Death...I mean he said 'courage,old man'(courage before death i'm assuming)and then Ezio makes that face because he realises that his time has come.That is just my opinion.

rileypoole1234
11-19-2011, 06:18 PM
I think the guy was there to show how Ezio had changed since AC2.

Milkytan
11-20-2011, 04:28 AM
I don't think he's a character we now yet, definitely not Vieri at least, Vieri had black hair and he'd be about the same age as Ezio if it was him. It's either just some random person or somebody who'll return in the next game also Shao Jun is probably not related to Desmond or Ezio, the next game might be about her descendant or something... perhaps it'll be the other person they need to save the world, the girl Juno was talking about at the end of Brotherhood. Or not at all and she was just a random person.

NuclearFuss
11-20-2011, 12:05 PM
My first thought is that it's the kid from the TV show 'The Borgia's', the one who's heir to the throne of Naples. It's not particularly relevant but it looked like him is all.

My other guess would be Giovanni Borgia. Cesare's son. It explains his fondness for Rome at least, and why Ezio makes that face at him.

Gil_217
11-20-2011, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by sackboy411:
My first thought is that it's the kid from the TV show 'The Borgia's', the one who's heir to the throne of Naples. It's not particularly relevant but it looked like him is all.

My other guess would be Giovanni Borgia. Cesare's son. It explains his fondness for Rome at least, and why Ezio makes that face at him.

Giovanni Borgia is actually the son of Lucrezia Borgia and Perotto, an Assassin.
Should mention too that Giovanni became an Assassin sometime in the 1500's.

geekiousmaxi
12-06-2011, 01:23 PM
I think that the man at the end was the ghost of Vieri de Pazzi. He might have been welcoming ezio to his death.