PDA

View Full Version : Should AC Revelations have a higher guard population?

KrYpToNiC95
08-22-2011, 03:38 PM
I've been having another play through of AC1 and it occurred to me that AC1 has a higher concentration of guards. For example, In Jerusalem in a small square I would see about 2 patrols of guards, a group of two stationed, and about 4-5 single guards walking around. Whereas in ACB its typical to find a single patrol and that's it. I think this even ties in with combat because it makes it somewhat more difficult. Would you like to see a higher number of guards in ACR?

Calvarok
08-22-2011, 03:44 PM
A higher number of patrols in one spot would be welcomed, although I appreciated how ACB generated the patrols at once over a larger area of the map, so you never came across guards spawning in, or only very rarely.

Bu there were many areas where starting a fight would cause lots of guards to come running, causing some huge fights. It's just that they didn't all stand together.

Anyways, in AC1 it's also common to find a single guard patrolling the streets, which is virtually unheard of except for rooftop guards in Brotherhood.

luckyto
08-22-2011, 03:45 PM
YES!

Patrols should be bigger. Stationed guards should be more. And bring back the regenerating random patrols of single guards.

acjake
08-22-2011, 04:15 PM
Yes it should. Also if you use a tool or gadget that creates sound then guards close by should also be alerted. In the gamescom demo Ezio used a tripwire and guards very close didn't come or weren't even alert (i'm hoping this was done for the demo only).

Calvarok
08-22-2011, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by acjake:
Yes it should. Also if you use a tool or gadget that creates sound then guards close by should also be alerted. In the gamescom demo Ezio used a tripwire and guards very close didn't come or weren't even alert (i'm hoping this was done for the demo only).
Those guards were actually on the other side of a wall, and so the sound wouldn't have carried.

fanofthecreed
08-22-2011, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by acjake:
And besides he used that (forgive me I havn't seen it that much) distraction bomb that bounced off the wall to move the guards out of our way. I would guess that we can throw it right by our feet bringing the guards to us. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif

Dralight
08-22-2011, 04:44 PM
Yeah i'd love to see bigger patrols on the streets, in ACB you'd usually be lucky to find 2 patrols of 4 or 5 guards within fairly close proximity to each other.

Stationary guards standing about 30 yards away also sometimes seem to be oblivious to a fight with other guards happening in the street, within their line of sight.

Alpha Ender
08-22-2011, 05:24 PM
Anyone else think that it was weird that the sound didn't carry to the next street over? If I heard a battle and I was a guard, I'd probably come help. The screams of the dying, people yelling "Jesus save me!", everything like that? I'm pretty sure you'd get a ton of guards to your position. Like GTA. =)

So, yeah, I think there should be more guards, and they should be more...alert. Realistic.

Side note: I kinda miss "mopping up" after battles in AC. It was a gruesome thing, but nice to see the realism there.

nickfern19
08-22-2011, 06:07 PM
If they're going to keep up the ridiculous way that it's so easy to keep up an execution streak, then they should use the amount of guards they had in Assassin's Creed 1. Otherwise more waves of guards and soldiers should come crowding in during the fight. I think when guards run away they should at least scream for backup or bloody murder. Simply the fact that it was way easier to kill guards in AC:B made the streets seem so empty of enemies. I remember the first time you had to do the training room in the Animus with Rebecca I got a 10-15 killstreak http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

acjake
08-22-2011, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Calvarok:
Those guards were actually on the other side of a wall, and so the sound wouldn't have carried.

Yeah that makes sense. Well so far AC:R is looking superb I can't wait to see more. It looks like a huge step up from AC:B.