PDA

View Full Version : Beaufighter deadweight and Oscar bug

Daiichidoku
10-27-2004, 09:39 AM
Ok, Dunno if its been reported yet, but....

Ki43 1A Oscar- Only the top and right side rad shutters work...the left side stays closed all the time

I haven't tried it with anything else but the 1A model, so I dont know if any of the other Oscars do this

Also, I love the Beaufighter...lovely ship...but...

When I fly the IL2, even if I skirt the runway on take off and roll over a bit of grass, the Russian gunner is FREAKING out at me!...

But in the Beau, I have a "nav/radioman" in the back cupola, who stays silent

Given the nature of the Beau to have absolutely NO rear vision, which of course is vitally important, why doesn't the "nav/radioman" calls out attacks on the Beaus rear? if not quadrant, at least he should be able to say SOMEthing when an enemy is within gun range of the Beaus 6....I'm sure IRL the "nav/radioman" was quite animated in calling out rear attacks from enemy ac....

Can this be rectified?

Does anyone know if this issue has ever been addressed and will be solved?

JG52Uther
10-27-2004, 09:43 AM
Well i hope the Beaufighter issue is sorted soon.Whats the point of having someone in the back if he's too drunk to see anything!

steve_v
10-27-2004, 09:55 AM
see here:

Attention! About bug reports.
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=63110913&m=8621000332

Stiglr
10-27-2004, 10:19 AM
I'd love to see this feature enabled. Position calls of approaching fighters would really be a help to a pilot!

Daiichidoku
10-27-2004, 10:20 AM
I did already mention the Oscar "bug" in the bug thread in ORR...

the Beaufighter nav thing, well, I have no idea if its a bug or not, so thats why I posted both in GD

SeaFireLIV
10-27-2004, 10:25 AM
Another thing, if ALL your carriers are sunk in a mission and you ask for landing clearance, you still get `Go ahead you`re cleared to land` from the watery carrier grave! Better if it said nothing.

TAGERT.
10-27-2004, 10:56 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Daiichidoku:
Given the nature of the Beau to have absolutely NO rear vision, which of course is vitally important, why doesn't the "nav/radioman" calls out attacks on the Beaus rear? if not quadrant, at least he should be able to say SOMEthing when an enemy is within gun range of the Beaus 6....I'm sure IRL the "nav/radioman" was quite animated in calling out rear attacks from enemy ac.... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>GREAT IDEA! And should be applied to any and all aircraft with a rear gunner too.. But sadly it is probally too late to add this feature to the IL2 engine imho.