PDA

View Full Version : 2012 E-mail | Does that even make sense?*SPOILERS*

zipper009
05-07-2011, 01:04 AM
On Sequence 8,The Borgia,I hopped out of the Animus like I always do at the beginning of Sequences,and I went to Lucy's e-mail,and I found one sent from William M.,the mysterious Assassin who contacts the team every so often,and who is rumored to be the Mentor/Grandmaster of the 2012 Assassin's Order,at least,that's what some people on this forum are getting at. But this e-mail confused me a bit. It reads:

'The issues on your last voicemail have taken me by surprise,to say the least. Think of all the work,all the stress and planning we have put into this. We had our suspicions for years about Minerva, about that particular Piece of Eden. Your tapes confirmed it,now we can study it and discover the truth. You've been waiting nearly a decade for this day,don't put Desmond in danger just because of feelings you may or may not have. We're only going to get one shot at this with the short amount of time left. Don't fail us now. -William '

How the hell did they know about Minerva BEFORE Assassin's Creed II?YEARS before.Including her Piece of Eden. Sure,they might have known about Those Who Came Before,I can understand that. But how did they know it was Minerva down there in the Vault? I'm thinking Subject 16 had a part in this,and Lucy said nothing to Shaun and Rebecca. 16 went and relived Ezio,Lucy then tells the William about Minerva,and all is hidden from everyone else,no taped evidence either. However,even this wouldn't explain why Minerva called 'The rest is up to you,Desmond' in Assassin's Creed 2,when she would have called out 16 if this was true. (Unless Minerva saw that coming as well and protected Lucy and 16 from exposure http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif mindf***.). Then again,the Assassin's might have seen Desmond's memories through a Piece of Eden they have.

Another thing which leaps out at me is that where he says ' We're only going to get one shot at this with the short amount of time left.' The way this sentence is phrased sounds to me like something big is going to happen before the Templar Satellite Launch.

Can anyone else work this out?Any ideas?

AntiChrist7
05-07-2011, 01:21 AM
Well maybe Wiliam knew or suspected about TWCB, or suspected that Ezio encountered one. He didn't have to know the exact name

the second thing i can't remember

Abeonis
05-07-2011, 07:34 AM
Firstly, where the hell did you get the idea that Wiliam is Grand Master? There has never been any indication that he occupies that position, if indeed, it still exists after the events of The Fall.

Secondly, you seem to be forgetting that Ezio wasn't exactly quiet about what went on in the Vault, at least not when talking to those within the Order. Word or rumour of what went down in the Vault could have easily been passed on through the years. Remember, there's no indication in AC2 that Lucy and Co. didn't know Minerva would be in the Vault; it's simply Minerva's act of calling Desmond by name that got a significant reaction out of them.

NobleBlade305
05-07-2011, 01:40 PM
I see Abeonis is still an *** whole

Abeonis
05-07-2011, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by NobleBlade305:
I see Abeonis is still an *** whole

And you are?

Mr_Shade
05-08-2011, 08:06 AM
@NobleBlade305 Lets drop the personal insults please...

lanep25
05-09-2011, 09:23 AM
One point that were forgetting is that William M. could be and is very likely William Miles, the father of Desmond Miles. William Miles can use the animus and have the same memory access as his son.

And as Abeonis mentioned, the events that Ezio shared with the group could have been registered, and kept in the Assassin's order.

Jack-Reacher
05-13-2011, 01:44 AM
In ACB Ezio tells everyone at the start about Those Who Came Before, so like someone said the assassins could have passed the rumor down.

Also its hinted in AC2 that they already knew about all this. I cant remember the exact wording, but it seemed Lucy already knew about the solar flare

Sizzlemon
05-21-2011, 04:47 AM
This William M. fella is a head Assassin, so it is only natural that he would know about Minerva and the Temples, don't forget it was Altair that started the fight with the Templars over 900 years ago so he would have to have know about the Temples and the Apple years before this game series took place and before the Denver International Airport disater (Refer to Lucy in AC 1 to find out more) so it does technically make sense, if you understand the WHOLE storyline.

zipper009
05-21-2011, 09:00 AM
If he already knew about the temples,why didn't he tell the group of Assassin's he is keeping an eye on, himself?
And I can understand that they would know about Minerva,but how did they know,from all over the globe,that she was hiding out in the Vatican as a hologram?
And are you sure it was Altair who started the war,Al Mualim was a Templar before Altair was born,so there would have been Assassin's... And the Templars go back to the time of Cain. So I'm sure their would have been a fighting force against Cain and the Templars back then.
And how does Altair 'starting the war' correlate with William somehow knowing about the Temples and the Apple ,before Minerva told us in ACII?

lanep25
05-23-2011, 02:09 PM
@Sizzlemon - It is known (from The Fall comics) that William Miles is in a managerial position in the Assassin's hierarchy. It is not definite that he is "the" head assassin now, which he most likely is not. He most likely oversees the operations of a certain number of assassins.

@Zipper- It'd be best if you rewrote your paragraph more plainly as it is a little convoluted, and I not really sure what you are asking.