PDA

View Full Version : Widescreen flat panels better view for FR?

RedDeth
04-23-2006, 07:56 PM
I just bought a new puter, amd 4800+ with a bfg 7900GTX 512 meg card.

which is better in the $300.00 range?

a viewsonic 19 inch with 4ms delay or a viewsonic widescreen 19 inch with an 8 ms delay?

will i notice a difference between a 4ms delay and an 8ms delay? or is that really unnoticeable?

and most important does the widescreen afford better rear wrap around visibility? I have heard it does in fullreal

thanks in advance

RedDeth
04-23-2006, 07:56 PM
I just bought a new puter, amd 4800+ with a bfg 7900GTX 512 meg card.

which is better in the $300.00 range?

a viewsonic 19 inch with 4ms delay or a viewsonic widescreen 19 inch with an 8 ms delay?

will i notice a difference between a 4ms delay and an 8ms delay? or is that really unnoticeable?

and most important does the widescreen afford better rear wrap around visibility? I have heard it does in fullreal

thanks in advance

VW-IceFire
04-23-2006, 09:34 PM
Not much difference between 4ms and 8ms. Usually the slower ones offer better image quality in terms of contrast ratio or in the blacks and so forth. Both response times are excellent for gaming.

RedDeth
04-24-2006, 12:11 AM
sweet... then im leaning towards getting a widescreen.

i heard they may offer a better view?

pourshot
04-24-2006, 12:19 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedDeth:
sweet... then im leaning towards getting a widescreen.

i heard they may offer a better view? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am not 100% sure but I think if you play on a wide screen then you will have a black line down both sides.

I would like to know this also as I am in need of a new screen myself, and is viewsonic a good choice if so wich model?

SithSpeeder
04-24-2006, 02:03 AM
You will lose information going to widescreen, not gain in IL2. This issue has been discussed "a million times" (according to neural_dream http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif ). See http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/63110913/m/2341038753/p/2

So if you are buying a monitor because you are primarily an IL2 junkie, a widescreen is not optimal.

However, if you enjoy other games that support it, like watching movies in widescreen format, and/or just like seeing things as big as possible, I don't think you can go wrong.

* _54th_Speeder *