PDA

View Full Version : How do you get your Gramaphone to play each song in it's entirety...???

Charlie901
04-07-2005, 10:26 PM
My Gramaphone is only polaying a small portion of each added song and not the whole thing.

I heard that there is a way to convert every song in your Gramaphone list so that they play all the way through?

Anyone know how this is done. I believe they might all have to be formatted the same way, possibly?

Charlie901
04-07-2005, 10:26 PM
My Gramaphone is only polaying a small portion of each added song and not the whole thing.

I heard that there is a way to convert every song in your Gramaphone list so that they play all the way through?

Anyone know how this is done. I believe they might all have to be formatted the same way, possibly?

blue_76
04-07-2005, 10:29 PM
strange.. i have a load of mp3 files on my gramaphone directory, all different in bitrate and quality.. still, they play in their entirety.. are you playing mp3 files?

Charlie901
04-07-2005, 10:40 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by blue_76:
strange.. i have a load of mp3 files on my gramaphone directory, all different in bitrate and quality.. still, they play in their entirety.. are you playing mp3 files? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes there all MP3's.

Hmmmm, I'll have to double check the actual song lengths........?

Barracus0411
04-07-2005, 10:42 PM
I've got the same problem - all are mp3's, some downloaded some copied from CD's.

This is causing morale issues with the crew who tend to get edgy if 'Lili Marlene' cuts out halfway through.

Charlie901
04-07-2005, 11:32 PM
I've heard that they might all have to be the same bitrate (or something similar) or this problem exists?

Can anyone confirm/deny?

SteveAndHisGuns
04-08-2005, 12:30 AM
I had this problem and was told to convert them all to .ogg format, worked a treat. If you haven't got a coverter, look up Goldstar on google, freebie or maybe donationware I think.

Good luck.

Frederf220
04-08-2005, 02:45 AM
Perhaps the gram. can't handle VBR mp3s?

Ioandar
04-08-2005, 02:49 AM
Which version? 1.2? I know I did not had any problems playing mp3s with 1.1 but did not check with 1.2 (yet)...

thomas

bweiss
04-08-2005, 05:06 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> How do you get your Gramaphone to play each song in it's entirety...???
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I resolved the problem on my system of one song or more being cut off by adjusting the sound card accelerator upwards to max. When I set the card accelerator down, it cuts songs off.

Ioandar
04-08-2005, 05:20 AM
Ah, thanks bweiss for letting us know. I had sound-hardware-accel at max all the time. I guess that might be the reason why it worked for me. Maybe that helps other kaleuns too... Nothing more bad hitting on morale when you cut playing Lili in half http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

bweiss
04-08-2005, 10:23 AM
Agreed. And I happen to have the Marlene Dietrich "German" version. Beautiful version by the way.