PDA

View Full Version : TAS Gauge broken in He-111?

LT.INSTG8R
03-09-2006, 04:55 AM
Im not sure if the Speedo in the He-111s Bombers seat is supposed to show TAS(I would assume it would?)but it apparently doesnt(B-25s gauge works fine)
Perhaps Im off base and it never did show TAS but Im currently using 3rd party app(Bombsight Table 2)

Maraz_5SA
03-09-2006, 05:01 AM
AFAIK the gauges in all aircraft all show IAS, because the Pitot tube can only measure IAS and because IAS is the relevant speed to control flight characteristics, stall, etc.

Maraz

KG26_Alpha
03-09-2006, 12:10 PM
Some of those 3rd party apps are off the numbers.

you may find it easier to make your own tables, just practise the bombsite "alot" and find the sweet spot, bearing in mind different altitudes & payloads require different bombing techniques.

LT.INSTG8R
03-10-2006, 06:30 AM
Originally posted by KG26_Alpha:
Some of those 3rd party apps are off the numbers.

you may find it easier to make your own tables, just practise the bombsite "alot" and find the sweet spot, bearing in mind different altitudes & payloads require different bombing techniques.

Well oddly enough I seem to get dead on hits with the HE-111s/JU-88s using Bombsight Table numbers
Yet in the B-25 tho I checked the TAS gauge in the Bombers Seat against the Bombsight Tables numbers and they matched, yet I still seem to come up short alot(could be error on my part that Im just locking in too soon)

@Maraz_5SA
Have a look at the Speedo in the Bombers Seat in a B-25 you'll see it has a 2 needle gauge the higher speed needle is the TAS(as I said I checked it against Bombsight Table and the numbers match)

KG26_Alpha
03-11-2006, 05:39 AM
Use MPH in B25 not kph

Platypus_1.JaVA
03-11-2006, 06:06 AM
When level-bombing, I match the sight's speed to keep the picture I see static. I do this because there is also a persistent TAS bug in PF. Viable calculated TAS does not give you the accuracy you want. This gives me satisfactory result altough it is not spot-on. Usually my bombs fall in 10 meters (30feet) of the desired impact point. I never bothered with the TAS gauges in the aircraft themselves because they are not always readable.

LT.INSTG8R
03-12-2006, 03:58 AM
Originally posted by KG26_Alpha:
Use MPH in B25 not kph

Of Course..... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif