PDA

View Full Version : Disaster On The Frontiers 1.5

Amagi
12-11-2005, 02:21 PM
Disaster On The Frontiers (http://www.airwarfare.com/Sims/FB/fb_campaigns_dof.htm) is a series of fifteen Eastern Front DGen campaigns from 1941-45. The new DGen allows the campaign builder to use new features and some features only previously available for Pacific Fighters, though the templates included with the game have not been updated. Each 'Disaster' campaign has an new custom-built template with many more targets than the originals. Moving targets stay moving when under attack, and there are more of them in the attack area; stationary targets are larger and placed near cover. The campaigns also have individualised air operations and frontlines, simulating the course of the actual battles they represent.

Users of earlier versions of these campaigns should delete the previous Europlanes.dat file before installation, as 1.5 has planes.dat files for each campaign. Templates are included for the Kurland '44 campaign, though this may only be available to 'Ostfront' owners until DGen.exe supports the Kurland map. The campaign files in the Kurland_campaign folder will activate the templates. The campaigns will continue to be upgraded with any new planes and ground objects. The next update will be after the next patch for the merged install.

Merry Xmas!

Amagi
12-11-2005, 02:21 PM
Disaster On The Frontiers (http://www.airwarfare.com/Sims/FB/fb_campaigns_dof.htm) is a series of fifteen Eastern Front DGen campaigns from 1941-45. The new DGen allows the campaign builder to use new features and some features only previously available for Pacific Fighters, though the templates included with the game have not been updated. Each 'Disaster' campaign has an new custom-built template with many more targets than the originals. Moving targets stay moving when under attack, and there are more of them in the attack area; stationary targets are larger and placed near cover. The campaigns also have individualised air operations and frontlines, simulating the course of the actual battles they represent.

Users of earlier versions of these campaigns should delete the previous Europlanes.dat file before installation, as 1.5 has planes.dat files for each campaign. Templates are included for the Kurland '44 campaign, though this may only be available to 'Ostfront' owners until DGen.exe supports the Kurland map. The campaign files in the Kurland_campaign folder will activate the templates. The campaigns will continue to be upgraded with any new planes and ground objects. The next update will be after the next patch for the merged install.

Merry Xmas!

Panzer_JG11
12-11-2005, 07:02 PM
Thx Amagi

I do really love your campaign!!

Merry Xmas for you too!

Panzer

hugohugo37
12-11-2005, 07:47 PM
Hmmmm I went to your site on airwarfare and clicked download and all I got was one file named third_aniversary.rar

I feel like I'm missing something.

Now what do I do?

I do have the old version already although it may be corrupted.

hugohugo37
12-11-2005, 08:39 PM
Alright...Duh....

.rar is like .zip

I found a program to uncompress it and things seem to work fine.

By the way,
thanks again for all your work on DOF. I'm a huge fan.

Panzer_JG11
12-11-2005, 08:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hugohugo37:
Hmmmm I went to your site on airwarfare and clicked download and all I got was one file named third_aniversary.rar

I feel like I'm missing something.

Now what do I do?

I do have the old version already although it may be corrupted. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The file name is "third_aniversary.rar"...there is nothing wrong with it. Just extract to your FB-AEP-PF folder(first delete the Europlanes.dat file from your DGen folder).

Panzer

P.S. Sorry, I didn't read your second post. Anyway, problem solved...have fun!

NekoReaperman
12-11-2005, 08:51 PM
this wont mess up anything?

Amagi
12-12-2005, 11:34 AM
You could make a backup copy of your DGen folder, extract the files to another folder then cut and paste over the original DGen folder, if you are at all concerned.

Even if the files are wrongly installed they won't alter the existing version. The original campaigns should function as they were: the only file to be overwritten is the text file MessageEn.