PDA

View Full Version : Smokebomb Suggestions

Sprint-Please
01-15-2011, 05:55 PM
Apparently in the world of Assassins Creed, throwing a smokebomb causes people to start choking around them immediately, yet sight is not affected.

I suggest that if a player is in a smokebomb, any gun that is locked onto the target inside the smokebomb should lose its lock. Shouldn't smoke obscure sight as well? Therefore, the player should lose a lock that is set above the person's head (though this shouldn't be applicable to the roof areas). Don't worry, you will be able to lock onto your target if he runs away because of the L1 prompt. Unless people can see through a wall of smoke, in my opinion, these features would add more depth to the smokebomb. It would certainly make up for the uselessness of the smokebomb because of lag.

I'm not bad at using it or anything, but we've all had our share of lag kills and killing people in a smokebomb.

E-Zekiel
01-15-2011, 07:43 PM
I see your point. Seems like an unnecessary change though.

It would negatively affect one of my stunlock breaking methods for teammates getting pwned in Manhunt - I will shoot one of the other team generally from outside of their smoke bomb range.

ElliottLam
01-15-2011, 08:22 PM
To be honest, this idea makes a lot of sense, but I really don't see it happening because then SB will become far too OPed (essentially the same as firecrackers but actually halts the pursuer aswell) and people would complain.

I do like the gun idea though. I think think it's best not to remove the locks.

E-Zekiel
01-15-2011, 08:54 PM
Yeah, was thinking the same.

Sprint-Please
01-15-2011, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by ElliottLam:
To be honest, this idea makes a lot of sense, but I really don't see it happening because then SB will become far too OPed (essentially the same as firecrackers but actually halts the pursuer aswell) and people would complain.

I do like the gun idea though. I think think it's best not to remove the locks.

Yeah, it's like a guaranteed death when you hear the gun lock-on signal. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Squiddish
01-15-2011, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Sprint-Please:
Yeah, it's like a guaranteed death when you hear the gun lock-on signal. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif
I dunno, I can juke the bullets about half the time by darting around a corner.

Even if they do get you, its a whopping 100 points.

Sprint-Please
01-15-2011, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by Snipemaster666:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sprint-Please:
I dunno, I can juke the bullets about half the time by darting around a corner.

Even if they do get you, its a whopping 100 points. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's what I tell myself as well, but it sucks even more if you were waiting for a focus aerial kill.