PDA

View Full Version : Keyboard Problem

LTARSquirrel
01-16-2005, 02:01 AM
I just purchased PF, installed it, updated it, installed the fubar .dll, and now what I find is that some keystrokes don't work. F1, F2 etc. work. But "B" for Brakes, "G" for gear and a host of other don't work. I have tried to reassign them to my joystick (Saitek X52) with no success. I uninstalled and reinstalled (with all patches) and still can't get the keyboard commands to work. Hope someone has an idea, because I am fresh out of ideas.

Thanks,

Squirrel

LTARSquirrel
01-16-2005, 02:01 AM
I just purchased PF, installed it, updated it, installed the fubar .dll, and now what I find is that some keystrokes don't work. F1, F2 etc. work. But "B" for Brakes, "G" for gear and a host of other don't work. I have tried to reassign them to my joystick (Saitek X52) with no success. I uninstalled and reinstalled (with all patches) and still can't get the keyboard commands to work. Hope someone has an idea, because I am fresh out of ideas.

Thanks,

Squirrel

Tully__
01-16-2005, 02:54 AM
On carrier takeoffs you'll need to release chocks. It is the chocks, not the brakes, that prevent you from moving on carrier decks.

Several aircraft don't have powered undercarriages. In those aircraft you'll need to assign "Manually Raise Gear" and "Manually Lower Gear" controls and press the appropriate one LOTS of times to pump the gear up or down.

Some aircraft have fixed landing gear.

Only a few aircraft are equipeed with airbrakes. If the plane doesn't have them, the control does nothing.

Some controls depend on certain difficulty settings. Padlock require the "No Padlock" difficulty setting to be turned off. Mixture & Prop Pitch require "Complex Engine Mangement" to be turned on.

The bail out controls wont work in missions where the mission designer has chosen that aircraft are not equipped with parachutes.

If you have the "Seperate Engine Start" difficulty setting turned on, you'll need to select and start each engine in turn, you can't just press "I" and have all the engines turn on at once.

If I haven't covered anything or you're still having problems, let us know.