PDA

View Full Version : The Apple in Brotherhood [Main storyline Spoiler]

jimbo11235813
11-28-2010, 03:41 PM
First of all, I apologise if what I'm going to write has been hypothesized or mentioned, or if its really obvious. Also, sorry, its not terribly important, but I'm quite bored at the moment.

I've played through AC:B twice now, but I haven't got 100% for everything yet, so I may be missing a cutscene or something important. But in my second playthrough, I noticed a few odd things odd:

1) The vague age of Ezio is given when Desmond see's him in the Villa, in the secret room (when he returns some time after the siege). We are never given a clear answer for this, so its been stuck in my mind.

2) Once Cesare is arrested and says "chains can not hold me, and no man can kill me" (or something like that), Ezio uses the Apple to find out what to do and what Cesare means. After he's done with the apple and begins to leave, Leo asks "Where are you going" and Ezio answering "To plant a seed." This last line stands out as it doesn't sound like he's off to kill Cesare, but off to do something else (explanation later).

3) He took about four years (roughly) to go and kill Cesare. I'm curious what he was doing during this time.

4) Cesare, when in Spain, ordered the soldiers to "kill the old ****er" (referring to Ezio). (Can't remember the exact wording, but I think he swears, hence the stars)

5) The Animus goes crazy around this memory (before and after this memory). It even went crazy at the beginning of the game.

Now to the point of the thread (finally you may be saying), we know the location of the apple, but are we reliably shown WHEN the Apple was left there. I believe that Ezio went first to Colosseum, then to Villa because of what Ezio said (point 2). I think that the Apple may have guided him to do this before the finds Cesare (hence, the "To plant a seed", probably referring to the Apple as a metaphor) The combination of point 1 and 4 makes me think that they were trying to hint something, although it could be argued that this is because he goes afterwards. Finally (point 5), Rebecca was trying to get a fix on the Apple at the beginning of the game, but the Animus couldn't fix on the memory and it went crazy. But the same thing almost happened when Desmond/Ezio had gotten to this part of the memory. I thought that maybe this was hiding something about the missing four years of Ezio's life (point 3).

Sorry this is a bit long for something so little, but I just thought that this may answer a few questions (like what happened between 1503 and 1507, why and when Ezio went back to the Villa...), and I wanted to get some other's opinions on it.

xangie1
11-28-2010, 03:52 PM
I guess a DLC will answer these questions. As they left a time span in AC2 that were afterwards filled with DLC's it might be the same here.

I'm also very curious about Ezio coming back to the villa looking "so old".
Why? What did he do there?

RightHandKilla
11-29-2010, 04:40 AM
I am pretty sure that Ezio returned to the villa to put the code on the wall for Desmond to see.

jimbo11235813
11-29-2010, 05:25 AM
Originally posted by RightHandKilla:
I am pretty sure that Ezio returned to the villa to put the code on the wall for Desmond to see. Sorry, I didn't make it clear enough in my original post. I was basically saying that's what the Apple told him to do, 'planting the seed' so that Desmond could later find it. I was concentrating on when he did this (before or after killing Cesare).

FrankieSatt
11-29-2010, 06:41 AM
As far as why it took 4 years to kill Cesare? He had to find him. I'm sure Cesare was going from country to country to build his army and I'm sure Ezio followed him the whole way. It doesn't suprise me that it took 4 years for Ezio to finally catch up to Cesare, especially during that time period and the way he had to go about getting information.

Abeonis
11-29-2010, 06:53 AM
Originally posted by FrankieSatt:
As far as why it took 4 years to kill Cesare? He had to find him. I'm sure Cesare was going from country to country to build his army and I'm sure Ezio followed him the whole way. It doesn't suprise me that it took 4 years for Ezio to finally catch up to Cesare, especially during that time period and the way he had to go about getting information.

Cesare actually spent most of those four years in prison, in Spain. He escaped sometime before the siege of Viana, but it was during the same year.

FrankieSatt
11-29-2010, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by Abeonis:Cesare actually spent most of those four years in prison, in Spain. He escaped sometime before the siege of Viana, but it was during the same year.

Oh, didn't know that. Was that said somewhere in the game, or is that just history?

Maybe Ezio was reflecting on what to do with the apple, or Ezio was leading the order and dealing with the rest of the templars.

I do see a DLC filling in that blank period though. However, how do you fill in the blank area when supposedly you are dropped back into the animus after the final ending.

extrememuffin
11-29-2010, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by FrankieSatt:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Abeonis:Cesare actually spent most of those four years in prison, in Spain. He escaped sometime before the siege of Viana, but it was during the same year.

Oh, didn't know that. Was that said somewhere in the game, or is that just history?

Maybe Ezio was reflecting on what to do with the apple, or Ezio was leading the order and dealing with the rest of the templars.

I do see a DLC filling in that blank period though. However, how do you fill in the blank area when supposedly you are dropped back into the animus after the final ending. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

right after you run at ceaser and attempt to stab him then fight off the gaurds a info box pops up and if you read it, it says explains alittle about the four year gap

Super_Sausage
11-29-2010, 02:14 PM
What I want to know is how no man could kill Cesare.

assassin087
11-29-2010, 02:35 PM
I think ubisoft will use those 4 years for dlc just like in ac 2 when they left out those 2 sequences for dlc.

xXxDAL978xXx
11-29-2010, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by xangie1:
I guess a DLC will answer these questions. As they left a time span in AC2 that were afterwards filled with DLC's it might be the same here.

I'm also very curious about Ezio coming back to the villa looking "so old".
Why? What did he do there?

Yeah, that's what i want to know. It looked like he was in the room where the statue's were, why ? Maybe Altair returned lol i don't know. He probably went back there to leave a clue as to where the apple was so when Desmond went there he could find it.

spookier
11-29-2010, 07:05 PM
Yeah I mentioned the malfunctioning memory in another thread, that struck me as really odd too, especially considering that we apparently couldn't access it originally because of some "emotional trauma" on Ezio's part.
I wonder what happened right after Cesare's death... there has to be a reason for the memory to start breaking again and skip to the Temple.
Guess we'll find out in the DLC... I hope.

DarthEzio55
11-29-2010, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by jimbo_323:
First of all, I apologise if what I'm going to write has been hypothesized or mentioned, or if its really obvious. Also, sorry, its not terribly important, but I'm quite bored at the moment.

I've played through AC:B twice now, but I haven't got 100% for everything yet, so I may be missing a cutscene or something important. But in my second playthrough, I noticed a few odd things odd:

1) The vague age of Ezio is given when Desmond see's him in the Villa, in the secret room (when he returns some time after the siege). We are never given a clear answer for this, so its been stuck in my mind.

2) Once Cesare is arrested and says "chains can not hold me, and no man can kill me" (or something like that), Ezio uses the Apple to find out what to do and what Cesare means. After he's done with the apple and begins to leave, Leo asks "Where are you going" and Ezio answering "To plant a seed." This last line stands out as it doesn't sound like he's off to kill Cesare, but off to do something else (explanation later).

3) He took about four years (roughly) to go and kill Cesare. I'm curious what he was doing during this time.

4) Cesare, when in Spain, ordered the soldiers to "kill the old ****er" (referring to Ezio). (Can't remember the exact wording, but I think he swears, hence the stars)

5) The Animus goes crazy around this memory (before and after this memory). It even went crazy at the beginning of the game.

Now to the point of the thread (finally you may be saying), we know the location of the apple, but are we reliably shown WHEN the Apple was left there. I believe that Ezio went first to Colosseum, then to Villa because of what Ezio said (point 2). I think that the Apple may have guided him to do this before the finds Cesare (hence, the "To plant a seed", probably referring to the Apple as a metaphor) The combination of point 1 and 4 makes me think that they were trying to hint something, although it could be argued that this is because he goes afterwards. Finally (point 5), Rebecca was trying to get a fix on the Apple at the beginning of the game, but the Animus couldn't fix on the memory and it went crazy. But the same thing almost happened when Desmond/Ezio had gotten to this part of the memory. I thought that maybe this was hiding something about the missing four years of Ezio's life (point 3).

Sorry this is a bit long for something so little, but I just thought that this may answer a few questions (like what happened between 1503 and 1507, why and when Ezio went back to the Villa...), and I wanted to get some other's opinions on it.

I think when he says to leonardo that he's going to plant a seed, that he's talking about having a child

xsatanicjokerx
11-29-2010, 07:52 PM
But with the AC2 DLCs you could see the missing memorys. However in AC:B there is nothing missing.