PDA

View Full Version : Carrier trap with bouncing ball

Trailryder
12-30-2004, 06:03 PM
I've gotten to where I can trap pretty well from the cockpit. Today I tried doing it in cockpit with the VVI. Out of about a dozen tries I've managed to do 1 successfully(static carrier). Boy, that's a challenge now!

I need to make my joystick control of elevator less sensitive for landing like that. Hard to hold the ball where I want to go, as it jumps up and down alot with very small inputs as I'm trying to set and keep my glide slope.

No questions this time around. Just wanted to express my enthusiasm for this game so far.

Trailryder
12-30-2004, 06:03 PM
I've gotten to where I can trap pretty well from the cockpit. Today I tried doing it in cockpit with the VVI. Out of about a dozen tries I've managed to do 1 successfully(static carrier). Boy, that's a challenge now!

I need to make my joystick control of elevator less sensitive for landing like that. Hard to hold the ball where I want to go, as it jumps up and down alot with very small inputs as I'm trying to set and keep my glide slope.

No questions this time around. Just wanted to express my enthusiasm for this game so far.

Tully__
12-30-2004, 06:33 PM
Try setting up your aircraft attitude a long way out from the carrier with flaps & gear already deployed, trimming the elevator so you don't need to use the stick to hold attitude, then use small throttle adjustments to control glide slope angle. More throttle will move the VVI forward, less throttle will move it back.

There'll be a few seconds lag in response, so be patient and don't overdo the throttle changes.

Doing it this way, you'll only need to use the joystick to keep the wings level and for the final flare.

Atomic_Marten
12-30-2004, 06:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Tully__:
Try setting up your aircraft attitude a long way out from the carrier with flaps & gear already deployed.. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's the key.

x__CRASH__x
12-30-2004, 07:38 PM
I've never landed with instruments only before. What aircraft are you using? I'll have to give it a try. I always just land with the seat of my pants flying, and a sharp eye...

which usually puts me in the drink. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Trailryder
12-30-2004, 08:36 PM
An F4U Corsair.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by x__CRASH__x:
I've never landed with instruments only before. What aircraft are you using <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Tully, I'll try that.