PDA

View Full Version : merged skins

PACACE
05-20-2006, 11:54 AM
I must have made a mistake, I have successfully installed skins before. But maybe I haven't tried since I merged the Pf with FB + AEP. It appears that all I have is a IL2 folder so I guess the other PF folder "went away". There is a skins folder in the paintschemes folder and there is a ton of sh*t in there. Do the skins route automatically ? what if a skin is unique like some Helgs skins are (theres no folder with all those letters so I chose the first few to act on). Helgs (Helgsskins.com) has a skin manager, has anyone tried?, I guess I'll search for info. There was other stuff but I forgot.

PACACE
05-20-2006, 11:54 AM
I must have made a mistake, I have successfully installed skins before. But maybe I haven't tried since I merged the Pf with FB + AEP. It appears that all I have is a IL2 folder so I guess the other PF folder "went away". There is a skins folder in the paintschemes folder and there is a ton of sh*t in there. Do the skins route automatically ? what if a skin is unique like some Helgs skins are (theres no folder with all those letters so I chose the first few to act on). Helgs (Helgsskins.com) has a skin manager, has anyone tried?, I guess I'll search for info. There was other stuff but I forgot.

Akronnick
05-21-2006, 12:17 AM
You are correct, with merged install everything will be in il2 folder. Just find the appropriate aircraft folder for your skin and put it there.