PDA

View Full Version : Games have developed a "hesitation"

Mudge1935
02-12-2006, 12:10 PM
Not a hesitation as in a slow driver. My driver is an ATI 9600 pro 256 mg. It's more of a "hesitation" as if the disc was stopping for just an instant. The "D" drive is a brand new (about 4 days old) Sony 52x/32x/52x/16x.
The hesitation is almost imperceptible but just enough to make the bullets visibly stop and the control response jumpy.
Even my computer guru (Mrs. Mudge) has no idea what's causing it.
We reloaded all three games, FB, AEP, PF, patches 3.03m, 4.01m, 4.02m, and 4.03m.
I flew a mission after each installation and it does the same thing with all of them. I would think from that, it's probably not the game, it's probably my "magic box".
Video card gone FUBAR? Any ideas?
Anyone...Bueller...anyone?

Mudge the exasperated

3.JG51_BigBear
02-12-2006, 01:13 PM
I get the same thing if I pop out of game using the windows key or if I load one of the really big pacific maps. Its annoying as all hells but I'm able to get rid of it by exiting the game and restarting.

AH_Gonzo
02-12-2006, 04:00 PM
I'm getting the same thing. If I minimize the game or air start my joystick goes hyper sensative. It is most likely a joystick and not a game issue though.

p-11.cAce
02-12-2006, 06:19 PM
I encounter a different problem if I minimize or sometimes even if I just esc to change a setting and then come back into the game - I get a 5+ sec lag in my x45 until I back all the way out and restart or re-install my driver. The mouse is fine it only affects the stick.