PDA

View Full Version : Can't play this

Skoold
08-17-2005, 08:38 PM
I merged the 3 sims, installed the patches (merged) and then booted up the sim. It worked fine, and so did my mouse. I watched the training vids just fine.

I then made a profile and decided to test it out. I loaded the profile to my X52 and I started the sim and nothing happens. I can't use my mouse and I can't use my stick, or the mouse on my stick.

What gives? I'd like to shoot down some planes. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Sytem:

AMD XP2400+
1 Gig of DDR RAM
2-200 Gig HDs in RAID 0 Array
9800Pro 128MB (BIOS: 113-A07518-100 My driver version is: 6.14.10.6542)
ASUS A7V8X MB

horseback
08-17-2005, 09:00 PM
First, I'd go into the 'Inputs' portion of 'Hardware Setup', and see if my joystick is detected. If the Joystick Axes/Profile is greyed out, your joystick won't be detected. This means you didn't check the 'Use Joystick' option during the game's installation.

If you didn't select "Use Joystick" during your game installation, you'll have to rectify that error by going into your harddrive, then Program Files, then Ubisoft, then Forgotten Battles, then click on the IL2 Setup Icon. See the tab marked Joystick? Click on that, check where it says 'Use Joystick', close the file, and restart the game.

It should then detect your joystick, but you'll still have to ensure that the correct axes are assigned to the desired functions, so go back into Hardware Setup/Inputs, and check to make sure that the green/red squares go in the right directions when you move your stick and rudder axes.

If not, enter the Controls section and move to the bottom of the menu, and reassign your joystick axes in the HOTAS section. This is all covered in detail on pages 26-28 of your Official Pacific Fighters Manual. The manual should also be present on one of your game CDs in .pdf format if you lost or misplaced the hardcopy.

cheers

horseback

Chuck_Older
08-18-2005, 09:43 AM
As an addition to horseback's suggestions, have you tried using your X52 without a profile? Your profile could be corrupted

Skoold
08-18-2005, 06:49 PM
I couldn't get anything to work. So I re-installed.

I have not patched this yet, but am going to.

The problem I have now is my throttle, rudder and axises (not the stick though) are reversed. I don't know if it is the sim or the stick...I don't know how to change either one.

DmdSeeker
08-19-2005, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by Skoold:
I couldn't get anything to work. So I re-installed.

I have not patched this yet, but am going to.

The problem I have now is my throttle, rudder and axises (not the stick though) are reversed. I don't know if it is the sim or the stick...I don't know how to change either one.

1) Let's assume the game sees your stick ok.

2) On the main game interface; over at the top of the right side; there's a button called pilot"; with a text box underneath it. You're maywell say something like "John Maddog Doe". Clicking the pilot button allows you to create a pilot charecter; and the text box shows which one is currently selected. This is important, once you realise that any stick/control customisations you make are individual to the selected pilot.

3) Having selected the pilot of your choice;click the "Hardware set up" button on the lower right; and then the "Input" button; and lastly; on the bottom right; the HOTAS control" button.

4)You're now in the controls list for your chosen pilot. It's here you can re-map keys to assign controls. Scroll down to the bottom of the list. Take a look at which axis is assigned to your throttle (it's called "power" in this list. I have an X-52; and I'm using the trottle lever as the trottle device. I have it set so that pushing away from me is more power; and pulling back towards me is less power. In my game this axis assignment reads "-Z axis". Note the minus sign. If I want to reverse the action of my throttle I'd click on the text "-Z axis" on this list and wiggle my throttle back and forth until I manage to get the minus sign to dissapear; so that the txt merely reads "Z axis". If I hit "apply" at this point; my new setting will be saved; and I'll have reversed the trottle action. This principle works for all axis.

But remember; all these customisations are particular to the selected pilot; and that assignments made directly in the game over ride stick programming.

bogusheadbox
08-19-2005, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by DmdSeeker:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Skoold:

If I want to reverse the action of my throttle I'd click on the text "-Z axis" on this list and wiggle my throttle back and forth until I manage to get the minus sign to dissapear; so that the txt merely reads "Z axis".

. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I own an x52 as well. And had the same problem. All you have to do to fix it (as above) is when you map it. Just rotate the dial/throttle the other way you did originally.

Simple and easy to fix