PDA

View Full Version : Stairs

GunnarGunderson
06-30-2011, 09:47 AM
Has anyone looked at Ezio's legs when he walks up or down stairs/slopes? It's incredibly unemirsive. Please Ubisoft, tell me you're going to address this before Revelations goes gold

rileypoole1234
06-30-2011, 10:11 AM
I doubt they'll completely change it, but they should improve it. If anyone's played LA Noire, the way Cole walks up and down stairs is actually incredible. Every animation in that game is flawless. I think some will be improved for ACR. They should, Ezio looks really stiff while just walking I think.

GunnarGunderson
06-30-2011, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by rileypoole1234:
I doubt they'll completely change it, but they should improve it. If anyone's played LA Noire, the way Cole walks up and down stairs is actually incredible. Every animation in that game is flawless. I think some will be improved for ACR. They should, Ezio looks really stiff while just walking I think. Rockstar Games in general is king of animations

Conniving_Eagle
06-30-2011, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by rileypoole1234:
I doubt they'll completely change it, but they should improve it. If anyone's played LA Noire, the way Cole walks up and down stairs is actually incredible. Every animation in that game is flawless. I think some will be improved for ACR. They should, Ezio looks really stiff while just walking I think.

They did it in GTAIV somewhat too. I don't think it's because they don't want to be realistic, I think it's because it will hinder free-running, which is understandable.

GunnarGunderson
06-30-2011, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by ConnivingEagle:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rileypoole1234:

They did it in GTAIV somewhat too. I don't think it's because they don't want to be realistic, I think it's because it will hinder free-running, which is understandable. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It doesn't have to hinder free running, just give him a different animation for running/walking up inclines

kriegerdesgottes
06-30-2011, 01:10 PM
I do notice it sometimes but I try not to. I wouldn't want it to be just like L.A. Noire because of how slow he is going up or down stairs. It takes him forever because he steps on each individual step. I don't even do that in real life, I almost always go two or three steps at a time. I do think it could probably be better though but I'm not sure what they would/could do to improve it.