PDA

View Full Version : Bf110 with 2 Mk108 and Bk3,7

Choctaw111
02-10-2005, 05:00 PM
If had posted this a while back and never really got a definitive answer. Does anyone know if the 2 Mk108 and Bk3,7 all fired together or could you fire then separately. I am asking because the Bk3,7 is a great weapon from far away and it is a shame to have to waste your ammo in the Mk108 when you are too far away for those cannon to reach the target. How was it configured during the war. Were all three cannon linked together to fire at the same time or could you fire the Bk3,7 and Mk108 separately? I would think that you could fire them separately because of the tremendous difference in ballistics between the two types of cannon. You almost have to get right on top of the target to get all the rounds to hit. If you are too far away you are only going to hit with either the Bk3,7 or Mk108 depending on how you aim. If you want to hit with the Mk108 you have to aim high so then the Bk3,7 will miss. If you aim to hit with the Bk3,7 then the Mk108 rounds will miss. I would like to see the ability to fire these cannon separately. That is such a good combination of weapons and it is a shame to have to waste a lot of ammo when you really shouldn't have to.

Choctaw111
02-10-2005, 05:00 PM
If had posted this a while back and never really got a definitive answer. Does anyone know if the 2 Mk108 and Bk3,7 all fired together or could you fire then separately. I am asking because the Bk3,7 is a great weapon from far away and it is a shame to have to waste your ammo in the Mk108 when you are too far away for those cannon to reach the target. How was it configured during the war. Were all three cannon linked together to fire at the same time or could you fire the Bk3,7 and Mk108 separately? I would think that you could fire them separately because of the tremendous difference in ballistics between the two types of cannon. You almost have to get right on top of the target to get all the rounds to hit. If you are too far away you are only going to hit with either the Bk3,7 or Mk108 depending on how you aim. If you want to hit with the Mk108 you have to aim high so then the Bk3,7 will miss. If you aim to hit with the Bk3,7 then the Mk108 rounds will miss. I would like to see the ability to fire these cannon separately. That is such a good combination of weapons and it is a shame to have to waste a lot of ammo when you really shouldn't have to.

BelaLvgosi
02-10-2005, 06:30 PM
I'm looking forward to know about this too, as I love 110s, but snipping bombers can be really annoying due to all this wasted ammo.

Not to hijack your thread, just to point that something similar happens with the 109s with gunpods but in the other way! If you press normal trigger you'll have your cannon linked with the mgs, and cannon button will fire only gunpods. It guess it would be more logical in this case to have the normal trigger=mg only cannons=central cannon+wing gondolas, with the added option that "toggle gunpods" gives. I guess linking the cannon with mgs was only possible by slidding the upper trigger to the front, but that would fire everything!
But if the game is modeled to real data, who am I.

PBNA-Boosher
02-10-2005, 08:13 PM
Isn't there a keyboard setting that allows you to turn off gunpods? Shouldn't it work for this purpose?