PDA

View Full Version : My "New" Computer

archer49d
03-10-2005, 07:26 PM
I built this thing with SH3, RTW and watching movies/recording audio (at the professional level) in mind...

P4 3.2 GHz 2 MB L2
1024 MB of DDR400
36 GB SCSI HDD (had it and decided to use it) and 120 GB IDE
Creative Labs Audigy 4 PRO w/ SPDIF option
Tyan Tachyon Radeon 9800 PRO
DVD RW (2 layer)
All in a SFF case

I think I'm going to be having fun come next Wednsday.

Giantsfan24
03-10-2005, 07:29 PM
I think you'll be fine. I don;t know what unti size you use for RTW(30, 60, 80, 160) but I think it will be just fine. Out of curiosity, how much did this rig set you back? Also, how does your friend like SHIII. If it were my friend, I would call him everyday looking for more news.

archer49d
03-10-2005, 07:32 PM
He's having lots of fun with it, by the way, I told him about the internet registration and he said that his copy did have it and that it connected to a server in Bangkok (based on the IP address) for it. The rig set me back 900, I think I got away with a few things considering I bought the case on eBay last week for about 30 bucks (they usually run 100+) and had the HDD sitting around, the main price came in with the processor and MB, plus those Tyan cards ain't cheap either.

JG27_Arklight
03-10-2005, 08:50 PM
Registration in Bangkok? Wtf?

That sounds wack Arch. Ubi, AFAIK, doesn't even have an office or anything in Bangkok and registration is usually through UBI I thought. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

Do me a favor and tell your buddy to run a complete virus scan on his system. If anything pops up, tell him to check the properties>date of the virus/malware and see if it was implanted at or around the same time as his SH3 install.

Connecting to a server in Bangkok just sounds wierd. It could be nothing but it sure doesn't hurt to check it out.

archer49d
03-10-2005, 08:55 PM
That's why I made a point of saying that, I would suspect some sort of fouplay on that side, I convinced him to buy it at EBGames as soon as he gets back so that the Devs get their share from him. BTW his computer's pretty secure, just based on his line of work.

JG27_Arklight
03-10-2005, 08:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by archer49d:
That's why I made a point of saying that, I would suspect some sort of fouplay on that side, I convinced him to buy it at EBGames as soon as he gets back so that the Devs get their share from him. BTW his computer's pretty secure, just based on his line of work. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, I would have him check it out. Something sounds screwy. I'd hate to see somebody intrude on your buddy's system and **** something up.

mmyles
03-10-2005, 09:00 PM
Are ya going to name this new computer?

archer49d
03-10-2005, 09:11 PM
"Spoil'd n Rott'n I"

Speaking of Spaceballs, it would be cool if someone made a clip of SH3 as a spoof of the scene where...

Dark Helmet: How many *******s do we have on this ship anyhow?.
Crew: YO!
Dark Helmet: I knew it! I'm surrounded by *******s!
(Pulls down facemask)
Keep firing *******s!

and...

Colonel Sanders: Prepare ship for lightspeed!
Dark Helmet: No, no, no! Lightspeed's too slow!
Colonel Sanders: Lightspeed too slow?
Dark Helmet: Yes. We're going to have to go right to.......Ludicrous speed! (everyone gasps)
Colonel Sanders: Ludicrous speed? Sir, we've never gone that fast before...I don't know if the ship can take it!
Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sanders? Chickennn?!

And I just realized another thing about my new setup while writing this... It's hooked into my Technics 7.1 Surround sound system... I get SH3 in SURROUND SOUND (THX Certified ofcourse)!!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif