PDA

View Full Version : Best location/memory for "assassinations streaks" faction challenge?

nash_trickster
11-17-2011, 10:26 PM
There's only one thing I have left to do to thoroughly complete the game and it's getting the 10 5+ assassinations streaks to unlock the Mercenaries weapon.

However, I'm having quite a hard time finding a place where it's possible to do this because the Janissaries are too good at breaking streaks (and killing them when they're incapacitated, with a smoke bomb for example, doesn't count)...
I've tried Memory 5 in Sequence 1 where I got a few 5+ streaks but only to realise afterwards that the streaks made in that Memory didn't count as far as the challenge is concerned (I guess it's because that memory is set before Ezio's arrival in Constantinoples)...

So my question simply is: Do you know a place/memory where getting such streaks (as easily as possible) is possible?

MrKenpoJr
11-19-2011, 06:41 AM
I didn't do it in a specific memory, just while running around between missions. On the southwest area of the map is a path that leads around the town. On that path are two stationary guards, and two four-guard patrols. Aggravate them all and do your combos.

Also, there is a thief group nearby which can be used to loot the guards for the Fast Fingers achievement.

nash_trickster
11-19-2011, 07:31 AM
I have another question about that challenge: does the streaks have to be done using the Hidden Blades or can you get it using any weapon?

twenty_glyphs
11-19-2011, 01:32 PM
Here's what the strategy guide says about this challenge:

The Kill Streak Challenge requires a "pure" Kill Streak that isn't interrupted by a Counter Kill. As this is pretty much impossible when you face Janissaries in later Sequences, you can use the Replay Memory function to play the first Memory of Sequence 04. Instead of moving into the Memory Start position, head out into Constantinople and attract groups of Elites.

Kytr
11-21-2011, 11:45 AM
You can get this with any melee weapon. You can set up to get this in any location where you get two 4 guard patrols close together -- use a cherry bomb to combine them, use a hook and run on one patrol to lead them to the other, whatever it takes to get them to you. Then just fight. You will want to make certain that NO janissaries are in the groups -- they break the streak almost every time.

nash_trickster
11-21-2011, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by Kytr:
You will want to make certain that NO janissaries are in the groups -- they break the streak almost every time. Yeah, that was my main issue... Getting to find an area without any Janissaries that still counted for this Challenge proved to be the hardest part of it. lol

RomanDozer
11-22-2011, 07:10 AM
Ok, first of all some things to keep in mind.

Don't get interrupted while you are chain-killing. To chain kill, just wait for an enemy to attack and hold RT Right Trigger) and hit X (if Xbox360, not sure what PS3 button is...Square, maybe? the attack button) Now, remembering back to prior AC games, before an enemy attacks, his RED HEALTH METER will flash WHITE, so you'll want to LEFT THUMBSTICK towards that enemy and mash X/ Square. Just keep washing, rinsing and repeating until you kill five in a row. Keep in mind, you may get interrupted sometimes due to some lengthy kill animation sequences so what I do is keep my RT at the ready. Even if Ezio is performing a kill and your character model is in animation mode of the kill, you can still hold RT and hit X (Square) to counter-kill and it will count towards your kill streak.

So, you need to one-shot-kill enemies with your weapon. You can use your dual hidden blades but performing the "assassination animation" will not count. You need to be actively involved with melee combat.

The, hands down, best sequence I found to do this in is.... ready....

MEMORY SEQUENCE 4
MEMORY 3: The Fourth Part of The World

Just run straight ahead and you will aggravate a ton of enemies. There are no Janissaries there either. Once you annihilate a batch of 5, restart the memory and wash, rinse, repeat until you get the message saying the challenge is complete.

Some folks say to go to SEQUENCE 7 but here's some reasons not to go to Cappadocia.

1: Cappadocia is further ahead then SEQUENCE 4
2: The guards there, although plentiful, should come in sporadically, sometimes not enough will show up, other times a lot will (in which case you'll be fine) but then you have to run around and try to lure another herd together.
3: SEQUENCE 4 you can reload and there's a herd already standing right in front of you. (There will be 4 facing you, after you talk to Sophia about retrieving her items from the boat) All you need to do is run straight ahead, a lot more will aggro and flank you from your left and right. Just wait for them to show and get on with the show.

You're welcome http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif