PDA

View Full Version : Worst Assassin's Creed ever [No Spoilers]

Keksus
11-18-2010, 01:01 PM
Ok, I played it a few hours and I haven't expected to see much social stealth in the game ... but this game is the worst AC I've ever seen.

Ok, you have to fight a lot during the campaign. I expected this. It was so in AC2 and I knew they weren't going to change it. But: They added exotic gameplay missions (tanks and so on) they also added stealth missions (splinter cell style) even though this game has no stealth system for this ... but they seriously added all this and did not add social stealth? Really?! Of course there are missions in which you can use social stealth ... but why should one use it? It's harde and takes more time than just slaying everything in your way. And I know there is a mission in which you have to use social stealth, but one mission isn't enough. Not after everything they did in this game.

And it's getting worse: The fights are easier than ever. The execution streaks and double executions. Really. No enemy can even touch me in the fights anymore. But it's getting better: It became a SHOOTER! The pistol locks on so fast and kills every target with one shot. It never misses. And almost every dead body has bullets. You can actually SHOOT you way through your enemies and you don't even have to buy bullets. They can't do anything against it. So I think I know what we can expect in AC3 ... I hope you like an MG42, because I think Desmond will carry one. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

So kudos to ubisoft: I expected NOTHING and still I was disappointed, because it was worth than what I've expected.

Of course some people can say that I don't have to all of this ... but the problem is, that it's possible to use all this stuff.

D173120T
11-18-2010, 01:03 PM
So i guess that you will have to go back to that pile of plop,Prince of Persia then wont you?

ZnorfRat
11-18-2010, 02:23 PM
You don't like being a complete badass?

Rainie
11-18-2010, 03:06 PM
If you expected nothing then why did you bother buying it? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

Piflik
11-18-2010, 03:18 PM
What are you complaining about? That you choose not to use social stealth because killing everything is easier? At least that's what it sounds like, and that is not really Ubisoft's fault...

Keksus
11-18-2010, 03:29 PM
If you expected nothing then why did you bother buying it?

I've rent it.

That you choose not to use social stealth because killing everything is easier?

No, that it's IMPOSSIBLE to use social stealth. Because your target is always something like: Kill 5000 Guards. You are forced to fight.

Pattington_Bear
11-18-2010, 03:37 PM
this game is the worst AC I've ever seen.

What? This is the best AC game i've played so far, I never had so much fun in my life.

Blackglasswar
11-18-2010, 03:54 PM
BEST AC GAME EVER!!!

Sorry had to counteract the negative vibe!

Loving this game - I'm a completist and YES you can take the guns blazing approach but the replay value of going through things without detection/ taking damage etc, and VR training are great additions.

Thank you SO MUCH Ubi!!!

Those that parted with our cash rather than rent and scoff the game down as fast as possible before it has to go back to the rental shop are REALLY enjoying ourselves.

jlorence
11-18-2010, 04:23 PM
If you want some boring stealth-only game where all you do is sneak around and never fight anything, then AC is probably not for you.

Rainie
11-18-2010, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Keksus:

No, that it's IMPOSSIBLE to use social stealth. Because your target is always something like: Kill 5000 Guards. You are forced to fight.

To kill 5000 guards would take a long time to finish....and I doubt it's impossible to use social stealth, it's only impossible if you screen is filled with enemies and no where to hide. To use social stealth you need to be patient and look around for possibilities. And if you don't like it then bring it back to the store and stop complaining, obviously this game isn't for you

ViNyLek
11-18-2010, 04:34 PM
Totally agree with some here. Best AC game to date. Story and graphic wise especially. Music blows others out of the water and Rome is amazing just to foll around in (ahh jumping on the rooftops). Not sure what this crybaby is whining about, but keep up the good work UBI^^

persiateddy95
11-18-2010, 04:38 PM
Lol, AC fans can't really stand some bad stuff about AC stuff related, they all start ranting about it as quickly as possible.

MT4K
11-18-2010, 05:06 PM
Although i have not yet played the latest installment of this franchise (Brotherhood) because i am waiting for the PC version. I just feel like expressing my view on this subject.

I was always under the assumption that the Assassin's Creed series of games was more about giving the player freedom rather than a linear path to follow.

An obvious example being, Do i just walk right in the front door, Kill the guards watching said entrance, Charge inside while taking out everybody who gets in my way, Then Assassinate my target and strut out afterwards like nothing happened.

Or, Do i climb the roof, Wait for the archer to turn around, Climb up and take him out, Sneak around the rooftop to the other side while using throwing knives to take out any other archers who may give away my position, Climb down behind my target and Assassinate him, Climb back the way i came before anybody even realises somebody has been killed.

Sure the first scenario is much easier and faster, But it's also a lot less exciting and rewarding, If you are looking for a game to force said slow methodical approaches on you, Then i think this is the wrong franchise to be playing

This game gives you the freedom to use your environment for a reason, So you can choose how to tackle the objective

I could be wrong and the AC franchise could be about something totally different, But this is how i like to think of it.... It delivers that quite well too for the most part (you do have the occasional forced battles but it's to be expected)

KnightRobby
11-18-2010, 05:33 PM
Not be to rude, but in AC2 I mainly looked for a fight - LOL http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif The fighting system, from what I've seen online via videos etc - looks much improved. At least you aren't just standing and waiting to counter, plus it seems a lot more like Batman AA.

Also, social stealth is a major element, but PERSONALLY I really didn't use it too often. But it's there so you can use it, as are various weapon types; you can experiment etc.

How much of the game have you actually played? Any side missions?

The game looks awesome and the idea of one complete city - instead of having to load separate areas - just rocks http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Keksus
11-18-2010, 05:48 PM
To use social stealth you need to be patient and look around for possibilities.

You know ... there aren't any if a fight is scripted or if there are no civilians. The game has ... 2 missions in which you can actually use social stealth. And in 1 mission you have to walk along a linear path. And this is the fact which I hate. Really: They made stealth missions despite the fact, that they don't have a stealth system like in splinter cell, but they ignored social stealth.

The other problem is, that the fights are even easier than before and that you can literally shoot your way through your enemies.

xerxesofthe
11-18-2010, 06:52 PM
stop your winning. this game is great... well I do share some of this guys views on the ranged weapons, once you get a crossbow the fastest way to kill stealthily is to shoot each guard from 20 feet... but besides that it is the best game ever! loved using the war machines, great break from being stealthy are making human kabobs. great cliff hang at the end for the story, and great shrines of romulus maps. oh yeah does anybody know how to get into the shrine on the east side of rome? the one by the pit with water at the bottom?

Confusious30
11-18-2010, 06:52 PM
So, even if this is the worst AC game, which I personally don't think I could say it is, so what? The previous AC games are ****ing exceptional.

If you want a social stealth game, go play Prince of Persia ffs. Assassin's Creed is doing it's own thing, something it has done well. You're going to give it **** even though it's similar to the second game, in which you expected no differences to be made?

Gtfo.

its_cheez
11-18-2010, 07:06 PM
Jeez, sounds like u really were disappointed Keksus.
You only mentioned single player. What about multiplayer?

I didn't get this one yet. Checking around 2 see what people think.

persiateddy95
11-19-2010, 03:07 AM
stop your winning.

Then i think this is the wrong franchise to be playing

You're all saying the same thing, can't you handle some bad thoughs about AC? It's not perfect you know.

And you're all talking like he had never played AC before.

DARTH_W00KIE
11-19-2010, 04:21 AM
Originally posted by Keksus:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">That you choose not to use social stealth because killing everything is easier?

No, that it's IMPOSSIBLE to use social stealth. Because your target is always something like: Kill 5000 Guards. You are forced to fight. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have done every mission so far using stealth, it was a little hard in some areas but mostly it was fine to me and always possible to complete without being detected.

Ru1986
11-19-2010, 04:36 AM
Originally posted by Pattington_Bear:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">this game is the worst AC I've ever seen.

What? This is the best AC game i've played so far, I never had so much fun in my life. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats a bit sad that the most fun you have ever had is staring at a screen.

@Keksus Computer game manufactures must appeal to a mass market like the Call of Duty ****ers (excuse the french but i am quiet passionate about my dislike for Call of Duty games pants IMO) so what they will do is input things too apeal to mass markets. What you say about this being the worst AC game so far i personally think is very far of the mark. In actual fact this is the best AC game as it has followed the story pattern.

If you were to become the grand master Assassin by the time you reached this level its belivable you might be just as good at fighting as on the game (not as quick at it as on the game as thats a bit OTT) but close to it never the less. As for the special missions including (Armoured Car not a Tank mate not sure were you got that from) vehicules (spelling) and the like are true to the time period as Leonardo invented similar things for Florence in the Battle of Anghiari and other wars with surrounding states.

So dont be too hard on it i see were your argument is coming from but i just think your looking at it through cinical eyes.

The first game was so sneaky that it only appealed to those of us with patience Joe public does not have any patience which is why Call of Duty is as popular as it is because its mindless and pointless and one has to do no thinking to complete these games but AC you do have to think about and use your head. I think it still has that aspect in the game so i am very very happy with it. You still have to think about things in this game and they make you use your head more than you are giving it credit for.

The only point were i agree with you is the summoning of other assassins they just drop from the sky i think that poor and wont be doing that very often cos if im honest so far thats the only bit im disapointed with.

flyryassassin
11-19-2010, 04:53 AM
Best AC game ever. Love having my own assassins. Fight system is amazing, tombs are better. Story line still blows me away. A+ game right here

Ru1986
11-19-2010, 04:57 AM
Originally posted by flyryassassin:
Best AC game ever. Love having my own assassins. Fight system is amazing, tombs are better. Story line still blows me away. A+ game right here

Agree with everything you have said. The only bit i am not happy with is when i call an assassin they just drop out of thin air lol but i will get over that i am sure.

salted onions
11-19-2010, 06:40 AM
Honestly, I didn't even realize the lack of social stealth missions until you just pointed it out. Probably because I was too busy enjoying the other myriad of things you can do in the game. Its a matter of opinion, but honestly I don't like the idea of hopping from crowd to crowd for an entire mission. I agree though that since they've been spearheading this whole social stealth thing as one of the main pillars of their game, they should have emphasized it more, but I forgive them for leaving them out just because of everything else they've added. Then again, others might not.

As for the fighting system, I expected ACB to be the worst to date really. When I first played AC1, I thought the fighting was incredibly easy, pretty to watch, but it became boring fast. In AC2, the fighting was more diverse, pretty to watch(when your counters actually worked), and even more boring. The fighting in ACB is once again, easy. It's the same level of difficulty as AC1 and AC2, which is to say, not difficult at all. However, I find the fighting in ACB the most rewarding, prettiest, active, and fun fighting system in the series to date. Sure, it's easy, but the game tries to make you feel like an untouchable assassin. The sense of euphoria I get when I mow down a group of 20 guards through a series of combo kills and double kill strings is just amazing.

Also, while the pistol statement is true, that's why it only has 6(or 10) bullets, a very limited amount. Sure, you can loot, but that takes time and not every body has bullets. Not to mention that it's not very fun just spamming your pistol at everything you see. I find the looting in ACB a welcomed change. I never looted anything in AC2. Now I actually have a reason to, whether it's for the shop quests, or just refilling ammo when there's no blacksmiths around.

Blackglasswar
11-19-2010, 06:41 AM
Best AC game ever - agreed!
Just need the fic to come through for the white bar and it will be perfect for me!

FrankieSatt
11-19-2010, 06:55 AM
While it's not the worst AC game, it's not the best either when compared to AC II. Why? Because it's ACII - Redone.

No improvement in the engine, no improvement in the graphics, minor changes in the combat and the game play. My question is, does it justify a $60 price tag for a glorified expansion? NO, it does not. The multiplayer doesn't justify a $60 price tag either.

I'm still playing the single player and most likely won't get it finshed until Thanksgiving weekend, but right now it's an average game with nothing really spectacular.

persiateddy95
11-19-2010, 07:08 AM
I'm still playing the single player and most likely won't get it finshed until Thanksgiving weekend, but right now it's an average game with nothing really spectacular.
That explains IGN review of 8/10