PDA

View Full Version : flight dynamics changed with the NEW patch 4.03

littlemosquito
02-10-2006, 08:44 AM
hiya guys ihave downloaded the 4.03. I have a stand alone PF and the mosquito works fine but the Dornier 338 i think? won't show up and won't load into the games ! lol and i noticed the flight dynmamics changed too lol planes go into a stall easier than patch 4.02.

major_setback
02-10-2006, 09:08 AM
There are no Dorniers in the patch.

NonWonderDog
02-10-2006, 09:16 AM
Uh, the Dornier Do-335 Pfeil should be there. If you can't see it in the menu (before the 190, I think), you might need to reinstall. I've never had that kind of problem, but there are people here who have -- they can help better than I.

I'm not sure if flight models changed much, but I was pleasantly surprised when I put a Macchi into a spin. Very realistic now.

Equilizer
02-10-2006, 09:23 AM
Reading is fundamental. He said standalone. The Dornier is not for the standalone but the option to select it exists. The model does not.

It will probably be removed in a patch.

major_setback
02-10-2006, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by NonWonderDog:
Uh, the Dornier Do-335 Pfeil should be there.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/1072.gif
Forgot that one.

Chef-Scott
02-10-2006, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by littlemosquito:
hiya guys ihave downloaded the 4.03. I have a stand alone PF and the mosquito works fine but the Dornier 338 i think? won't show up and won't load into the games ! lol and i noticed the flight dynmamics changed too lol planes go into a stall easier than patch 4.02.

From the READ-ME:
Please note that the merged version of Pacific Fighter will get all additions and features that are listed below, while the stand alone installation will only get the Pacific Fighters-specific ones marked by €˜*€.

New Features

New Aircraft.

Flyable aircraft:

Do-335A-0
Ju-88A4
Tempest MK.V
Mosquito FB.MK.VI*
MC-200 III
MC-202 III
MC-202 VII
MC-202 XII
MC-205 I
MC-205 III
J2M3*
Bf-109K4 C3
Spitfire MK.IX 25lbs
FW-190A5 1.65Ata

AI aircraft:

J2M5*
N1K2-Ja*
Mosquito F.MK.IV*
MC-200 I
MC-200 VII
MC-200 VIIFB

The Stand Alone PF only get 2 new flyable and 3 new AI aircraft.

BSS_Vidar
02-10-2006, 07:57 PM
If you have the Stand-alone installed, you're not going to see it. That is a Merged version add-on. No German aircraft in Pacific Fighters.

Covino
02-10-2006, 11:04 PM
i believe theres a bug in the standalone patch that lets the players see the do-335 in the QMB and FMB plane list but if they select it, the game may crash.

Stigler_9_JG52
02-11-2006, 09:55 AM
Although I have to admit not having flown for a while, I didn't notice much change in flight dynamics. Same good things, same bad things.

No torque to speak of on takeoff roll (except the odd, 'can't taxi and turn against torque even at very low throttle' phenomenon). You can just gun the engine, tap the rudder, maybe, and you're off.

'Canned' snap/stall behavior. Most irritating on Zeros... and still very prevalent when nose up in any plane and changing direction, even with throttle pulled all the way back.

Cannon still seem way too effective. It's more like modern jet cannon: any one hit, no matter how fleeting, and you're likely done or badly, badly crippled. It just wasn't like that in WWII. You should need a good, full second sustained burst in one area to get that. Snapshots during wild dogfights shouldn't "instantly" oil windscreens and "disable controls" with the regularity they do.

The Bf109s felt nice, by and large. Didn't try any of the new birds yet; I wanted a sense of how "familiar ones" flew first.