PDA

View Full Version : AC 1 - How did Robert overpower Altair?

Valduric
03-26-2011, 09:14 AM
Ok, so this has been bugging me. At the beginning of the game Altair was at that point already of Master assassin rank. How the hell does Robert de Sable overpower him?

It's a requirement of the plot but the cutscene shows how weak Altair is, both in his lack of skill to overcome Robert and his physical strength as he gets overpowered by Robert.

GunnarGunderson
03-26-2011, 11:22 AM
maybe Robert was physically stronger, Altair may have had more skill (evidenced by their final battle) But they were practically arm wrestling

O6EvolutionIXMR
03-26-2011, 11:46 AM
Robert is a pretty "big" guy. Remember in the final scene when all the templars are standing around in a circle formation. He towers over the rest. Especially in comparison with Altair.

swiftkinfe
03-26-2011, 12:01 PM
Altair was also hindered by Malik before attempting to kill Robert.More then likely this also got Altair to miss his mark giving Robert an opening.

persiateddy95
03-26-2011, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by V-rex1986:
Altair was also hindered by Malik before attempting to kill Robert.More then likely this also got Altair to miss his mark giving Robert an opening.
Indeed.

Altair was not careful, he wanted nothing but to kill Robert. That's why Al-Mualim did what he did.

notafanboy
03-26-2011, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by V-rex1986:
Altair was also hindered by Malik before attempting to kill Robert.More then likely this also got Altair to miss his mark giving Robert an opening. yeah, malik grabed altair┤s right arm.

Inorganic9_2
03-26-2011, 02:46 PM
I've always been pretty sure that Robert was probably a lot stronger than Alta´r.

When you look at it, Alta´r seems to rely almost completely on surprise, skill, flow, precision and timing to take someone out (as does Ezio, though Ezio uses a bit more strength, imo)

BioPulse.ps3
03-26-2011, 04:15 PM
also altair was still young and arrogant at that time, thinking he could take his enemy so easily.

crash3
03-26-2011, 05:29 PM
remember this ASSASSINS creed we play as an assassin not some invincible warrior so it makes the story better to see failures i think the whole AC series has seen too much victory lets see some near defeat in AC3 to make it feel more realistic and show the dangerous life of an assassin