PDA

View Full Version : Armor of altair in Assassin's creed brotherhood

realgangsta213
10-29-2010, 06:33 AM
Does anyone know if you will be able to use the armor of altair in Assassin's creed brotherhood because i couldn't find any official statement about it. It would really help me to decide what edition to pre-order. I'm new to this forum and have no clue how to set up a topic so please forgive me.

Ps: I know it gets blown away at the beginning of the game but i've seen a few trailers where the armor is used. Please clarify

EDIT: It's been revealed on november 2 2010 that it is unlocked as a uplay reward but may just be a texture(which i highly doubt)
http://i56.tinypic.com/8w9veo.png

salted onions
10-29-2010, 06:38 AM
The trailers you've seen use Altair's Armor is probably from before the Siege of Monterrigoni, when Ezio and Mario are escaping the Vatican right after the ending of AC2.

TheEpicWolf
10-29-2010, 06:38 AM
You only use it at the start as far as we know. What you have seen is gameplay taken from the start when Ezio is escaping Rome after leaving the Vault.

realgangsta213
10-29-2010, 06:43 AM
Yeah the gameplay when escaping the vatican but also this which seems to be at the end of the game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pm7cPxAdoto
3:56 into it you can see him fighting cesare with armor of altair

SupraCat
10-29-2010, 06:49 AM
Originally posted by realgangsta213:
Yeah the gameplay when escaping the vatican but also this which seems to be at the end of the game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pm7cPxAdoto
3:56 into it you can see him fighting cesare with armor of altair

That's pretty interesting. I hadn't noticed that before. Now somebody explain this...

realgangsta213
10-29-2010, 06:56 AM
Could any forum manager comment on this so that this is clarified once and for all

BK-110
10-29-2010, 07:47 AM
Yeah, it does look like the end of the game, judging from what we've seen from <span class="ev_code_WHITE">Spain</span> for now. We might be able to unlock it at a later point in the game.

realgangsta213
10-29-2010, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by BK-110:
Yeah, it does look like the end of the game, judging from what we've seen from <span class="ev_code_WHITE">Spain</span> for now. We might be able to unlock it at a later point in the game.

So you're suggesting the cannonball just propelled the armor across Italy? Interesting thought tbh Although I'd hate it if one of your assassins went to a mission to pick it up. But you have to keep in mind that the dev diaries were made some time ago and it could have been taken out. Let's hope not. All I and everyone who viewed this forum want is for a forum manager to comment on this and set our minds at peace.

realgangsta213
10-29-2010, 10:21 AM
Does anyone know if the helmschmied drachen armor is unbreakable?

breakdown89
10-29-2010, 11:06 AM
actually, seeing as how in dev diary #2 ezio is fighting cesare in what appears to be spain in the background, one could say that you unlock this armor later on in the game through uplay http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

realgangsta213
10-29-2010, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by DeusEx89:
actually, seeing as how in dev diary #2 ezio is fighting cesare in what appears to be spain in the background, one could say that you unlock this armor later on in the game through uplay http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
Highly unlikely through uplay but unlocking it later in the game sounds reasonable

breakdown89
10-29-2010, 01:37 PM
why is it highly unlikely? we unlocked altair's outfit through uplay last time around, so why not this one?

Colossus_1191
10-29-2010, 02:15 PM
DaVinci could re-create the armor. Wasn't one of the codex pages a blueprint for making the armor?

d34dm4nn
10-29-2010, 03:47 PM
This is cool just like in Ac:2 wearing altairs outfit... just wish you could change colors on altairs armor/outfit....

realgangsta213
10-29-2010, 03:51 PM
why is it highly unlikely? we unlocked altair's outfit through uplay last time around, so why not this one?
Because it would give people who bought games like splinter cell and other games which use uplay an unfair advantage. Altair was a skin which didn't give you any advantage whereas the armor would absolutely own throughout the game. Uplay is designed to let you earn points and give you the freedom of spending them where you want. Something as valuable and precious and is included in the storyline (gets blown away in the beginning) wouldn't be just unlocked like that from uplay. For instancde you might use your points to get the armor whereas someone else would save up to use them in ghost recon future soldier. And another point, something ehich requiires internet connection can't change the storyline whatsoever and i think most people will agree that the regain of the armor of altair is at least going to be mentiooned in the story if the loss was mentioned in the begining

ninjasownu
10-29-2010, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Colossus_1191:
DaVinci could re-create the armor. Wasn't one of the codex pages a blueprint for making the armor?
Altairs metal is a rare metal same with the hidden blade.

realgangsta213
10-29-2010, 03:55 PM
interesting thought but sadly the codex page was just the statement of having created a near invincible armor from a rare metal without a picture or a description of the metal

itsamea-mario
10-29-2010, 03:57 PM
i wouldn't want to have to work to unlock something which is the same as in a previous game, personally i quite like ezio's new outfit.

Colossus_1191
10-29-2010, 04:25 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Colossus_1191:
interesting thought but sadly the codex page was just the statement of having created a near invincible armor from a rare metal without a picture or a description of the metal </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I see.

Maybe the armor is simply buried under rubble and will be recovered later in the game. Or maybe the Templars find the armor after Ezio flees and Ezio will later recover it in a secret Templar Lair.

PhiIs1618033
10-29-2010, 04:32 PM
I think you're looking way too much into this. I bet that's Rome and that's the first time you meet Cesare, or something like that. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

NewBlade200
10-29-2010, 07:20 PM
DaVinci could re-create the armor. Wasn't one of the codex pages a blueprint for making the armor? I thought the codex said that Altair got rid of the formula for the metal?

tyrce111
10-30-2010, 03:50 AM
Guys!(or girls)

I think your forgeting one inportant thing...

How did altair make the armour?

With the Apple of Eden!
What does Ezio have???
The Apple of Eden!!!

Are you seeing a connection?

Ezio will probably get it back before 1507 and make it himself or make blueprints to take to a blacksmith...

But people are saying, "OH NO!!!! ITS MADE OUT OF RARE METAL THAT IS ON THE MOON!"(or something similar)

What could Ezio use to find a source of that metal?????

Did I just hear someone say, "The Apple of Eden"?

Do you still see a conection?

(Sorry if I was sounding a bit sarcastic or rude)http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

PhiIs1618033
10-30-2010, 04:01 AM
Originally posted by tyrce111:
Guys!(or girls)

With the Apple of Eden!
What does Ezio have???
The Apple of Eden!!!

Ezio will probably get it back before 1507 and make it himself or make blueprints to take to a blacksmith...

But people are saying, "OH NO!!!! ITS MADE OUT OF RARE METAL THAT IS ON THE MOON!"(or something similar)

(Sorry if I was sounding a bit sarcastic or rude)http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
I think Ezio leaves the apple in the vault. Or, in any case, he loses it in the Siege of Monteriggioni.

Roakeru
10-30-2010, 04:07 AM
Originally posted by PhiIs1618033...:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tyrce111:
Guys!(or girls)

With the Apple of Eden!
What does Ezio have???
The Apple of Eden!!!

I think Ezio leaves the apple in the vault. Or, in any case, he loses it in the Siege of Monteriggioni. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Ezio gives the apple to Mario for safe keeping ,and Cesare steals it from Mario in the siege.

dchil279
10-30-2010, 07:22 AM
I see.

Maybe the armor is simply buried under rubble and will be recovered later in the game. Or maybe the Templars find the armor after Ezio flees and Ezio will later recover it in a secret Templar Lair.

This would make sense because Ezio gets shot at the beginning. The templars obviously take control of Monterrigioni. It's not that hes going to have to find it, but steal it back from the Templars, if it's even featured in this game at all

tyrce111
10-30-2010, 07:32 AM

DID NO ONE READ THIS BIT???

He will probably get it before the end just like in AC2!!!!
Then make it himself...

AC-FANBOY
10-30-2010, 07:50 AM
Well I looked in the achievements for Brotherhood.

"Knife to the heart"
Secure the apple of eden.

Seems like Ezio kills Cesare and finally gets the Apple of Eden back?

realgangsta213
10-30-2010, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by tyrce111:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Ezio will probably get it back before 1507 and make it himself or make blueprints to take to a blacksmith...

DID NO ONE READ THIS BIT???

He will probably get it before the end just like in AC2!!!!
Then make it himself... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was at the mcm expo today but they didn't get a chance to answer that question which really annoyed me. Anyway, this seems to be the most widespread idea on the forums. The armor gets hit, flies across the map and is later recovered or there is no armor after montegioronni (no clue how you spell it).

Your suggestion(tyrce111) is a very interesting and VALID thought but highly unlikely as altair took a lot of time to learn how to use the apple and not get brainwashed by it. I don't think that ezio will be able to do the same (not in the main story anyway) and therefore my personal favourite and most likely answer to this question would be that it gets propelled across the country and later recovered by you or one of your assassin's. Please understand that i'm not calling your idea rubbish or impossible, just unlikely.

salted onions
10-30-2010, 01:48 PM
Ezio probably encounters Cesare for the first time when he's trying to escape Rome, hence the fight.

I honestly don't know why everyone is hung over Altair's armor, I honestly didn't like how it looked, it was just weird to me, sure, it made him look older, and wiser as a Master Assassin but i preferred his younger days with his white Robes.

In my opinion, I just think after the Siege of Monterrigoni, Altair's armor is gone forever. Maybe Desmond will find parts of it in the rubble, but as for Ezio, that's the last time he'll ever see that outfit. And I'm fine with that.

flyryassassin
10-30-2010, 02:06 PM
i thought it looked so cool loved the all black w/red. Im sure it could be one of the many unlocks ubi already said would be in the game. and in one of the newest trailers it shows him in blue. suggesting there will be many choices for you.

VRTX97
10-30-2010, 03:12 PM
That scene oyu are talking about is when Ezio escapes Rome at the beginning, whenhe stil has altair's armor.

LaCava1
10-30-2010, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Pex3650:
That scene oyu are talking about is when Ezio escapes Rome at the beginning, whenhe stil has altair's armor.
Read the first page, there's a link to a video... You see Ezio grappling with Cesare, and that can't be right after the vault because Cesare wasn't in the game up to then, so he wouldn't randomly come in.

LaCava1
10-30-2010, 03:37 PM
Guys, who else here thinks it should be a Uplay reward or a special extra or something? Hopefully it IS a Uplay reward. I would like that.

MT4K
10-30-2010, 03:54 PM
i would hate to have to spend uplay points on something that was in the previous game by default

breakdown89
10-31-2010, 10:15 AM
yeah but seeing as how ubi destroys it during the seige, it would only make sense to have it as an unlock through uplay.....although i now see, as other have said, that having it unlocked through other means like the apple of eden is a very possibility as well.

LaCava1
10-31-2010, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by MT4K:
i would hate to have to spend uplay points on something that was in the previous game by default
What about the Altair outfit? It was in the previous game by default, and you probably spent Uplay points on it. Besides, once you beat the game, you probably have enough points to get all the rewards, so why not?

rileypoole1234
10-31-2010, 11:56 AM
The armor is made from the golden fleece right? Supposedly it's indestructible so it might have just gotten buried or lost for a while or something.

Jostru
10-31-2010, 12:29 PM
I don't think that scene is from the final battle in Spain, because in the Story trailer you see a scene from Spain where Ezio and Cesare are about to fight and Ezio's wearing his new outfit.

You probably encounter Cesare at the beginning of the game while you escape the Vatican. Maybe Cesare heard about the attack and tried to find his father and found Ezio instead.

PhiIs1618033
10-31-2010, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by triforceman5:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pex3650:
Read the first page, there's a link to a video... You see Ezio grappling with Cesare, and that can't be right after the vault because Cesare wasn't in the game up to then, so he wouldn't randomly come in. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
He's the captain of the papal guard! It makes sense that Rodrigo went to get him. Then, an introduction follows (pleased to meet you, I'm Cesare, papal guard captain, I'm here to kill you etc. etc. etc.) and so on.

glenneey
10-31-2010, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Jostru:
I don't think that scene is from the final battle in Spain, because in the Story trailer you see a scene from Spain where Ezio and Cesare are about to fight and Ezio's wearing his new outfit.

You probably encounter Cesare at the beginning of the game while you escape the Vatican. Maybe Cesare heard about the attack and tried to find his father and found Ezio instead.

that really makes sense! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

realgangsta213
11-01-2010, 10:24 AM
There is no way that that is the vatican. It's in the middle of ruins and wasteland. Just look at the picture. It's just i have no clue how to post it in this forum as it's saved onto my desktop and not a url. Can someone tell me how to post pictures from your desktop

AceAssassin19
11-01-2010, 11:35 AM
Does anyone know if you will be able to use the armor of altair in Assassin's creed brotherhood because i couldn't find any official statement about it. It would really help me to decide what edition to pre-order. I'm new to this forum and have no clue how to set up a topic so please forgive me.

Ps: I know it gets blown away at the beginning of the game but i've seen a few trailers where the armor is used. Please clarify

I'm so sick of that armor. I hope it's destoyed in the attackt though i recommend you to pre-order the codex edition :P

notafanboy
11-01-2010, 01:44 PM
There is no way that that is the vatican. It's in the middle of ruins and wasteland. Just look at the picture. It's just i have no clue how to post it in this forum as it's saved onto my desktop and not a url. Can someone tell me how to post pictures from your desktop upload your pic here http://tinypic.com/
then copy and paste

Kakashi590
11-01-2010, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by Jostru:

You probably encounter Cesare at the beginning of the game while you escape the Vatican. Maybe Cesare heard about the attack and tried to find his father and found Ezio instead. i highly doubt cesare is shooting catapults and cannons at the vatican...(story trailer)

realgangsta213
11-02-2010, 04:35 PM
http://i54.tinypic.com/30l2qt3.jpg

Thanks to notafanboy for instructions and
@AceAssassin19
I personaly don't like the armor's impossible customisation and i'm getting the codex edition but the reason i love that armor is the fact it's indestructible and has very high stats.
I also love the drachen armour and it's history is as insane as altairs armor:
Fashioned by the Helmschmied Armory in 1489, only a few sets were completed due to the weight of the metal. Pre-order to test your strength.

From that you can see that it might not be indestructable even though i do really hope it is and may influence free-running as it's very heavy. At least the armor of altair was very light...

realgangsta213
11-02-2010, 04:59 PM

I must deeply apologise to you as i saw it being unlikely but in fact it now is official and you were right all along. The armor of altair is unlocked through uplay for 20 uplay points. Again i deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeply apologise for saying you were probably wrong and here's the evidence you're not.

ChaosxNetwork
11-02-2010, 05:04 PM
Actually it is a UPlay reward probably said before in this thread but I have not the time to read through sorry

rileypoole1234
11-02-2010, 05:34 PM
It was revealed today that its a Uplay award

realgangsta213
11-02-2010, 06:00 PM
Thanks guys, if you look below you'll find the evidence

LaCava1
11-02-2010, 07:17 PM
Ahhh... Finally, I'm right about something! It IS a UPlay reward. And UbiGabe just loves showing off to us... Look in the top right corner of the picture above me, under UbiGabe00 and his amount of points. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

ninja_7_7
11-02-2010, 07:19 PM
I doubt it will be invisible anymore. Just the look, same with Alta´r's ROBES. Not skin.

AnthonyA85
11-02-2010, 07:29 PM
as ninja said, the Uplay reward is most likely a texture skin, no actual stats, it will probably be worth getting just because it looks cool (I reall like it)

Unless of course, in that last scene where Ezio is fighting Ceasere, Ezio's robes have just been dyed dark-blue/black

breakdown89
11-02-2010, 09:50 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeusEx89:

I must deeply apologise to you as i saw it being unlikely but in fact it now is official and you were right all along. The armor of altair is unlocked through uplay for 20 uplay points. Again i deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeply apologise for saying you were probably wrong and here's the evidence you're not.
http://i56.tinypic.com/8w9veo.png </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol it's ok man, apology accepted http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

realgangsta213
11-03-2010, 01:06 PM
Do you guys think that this might just be a skin and not the actual armor? i mean 20 uplay points? the gun capacity pouch is more exepnsive so...?

Oatkeeper
11-03-2010, 01:17 PM
Its prolly only a skin, what would be the point in giving you the best armor in the game for only 20 Upoints, I have at least 60 left from my AC2 saves and prolly a bit more from SC:Conviction

realgangsta213
11-03-2010, 01:27 PM
same got about 80 left from sc:c but i've been thinking what is the point of a skin? altair or noble attire is actually dramatically changing your look but the armor as a skin? and then again we worked so hard for it in AC2 so maybe only people who have an AC2 account liked to uplay will be allowed to download the real armor. that would make more sense than making us work for it again or giving it to newbies, don't you think? anyway if anyone can ask this question to ubigabe this discussion can finally be closed.

realgangsta213
11-03-2010, 04:24 PM
Hi guys, i just thought that i should let you know that I'm trying to tweet ubigabe about this but with no luck but he'll eventually aswer my question. You guys could also help by tweeting him because the more people ask the question the more likely it is he'll answer it.

Roakeru
11-04-2010, 03:58 AM
guys look at his video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8G-6qbGZrs at 13:07(you will have to pause because it real fast) when he scrolls down the costumes at a tailor you can see that the last one is called "Bonus Skin" and it resembles Altair Armour (could be due to the bad quality though)...

LaCava1
11-04-2010, 05:38 AM
Originally posted by Roakeru:
guys look at his video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8G-6qbGZrs at 13:07(you will have to pause because it real fast) when he scrolls down the costumes at a tailor you can see that the last one is called "Bonus Skin" and it resembles Altair Armour (could be due to the bad quality though)...
Nope, sorry. That's the bonus skin you can get from AC2. You get it by getting the verizon AC2 on your phone (if you have verizon). You input the code, then you have it. It does resemble Altair's armour, though. The only difference really is the sleeves on Altair's armour are like a stripe, and the bonus has white sleeves. And also, the bonus costume is a little more gray.

realgangsta213
11-04-2010, 02:59 PM
Finally I have received an answer for this question:

UbiGabe @cioww Aha, okay, I am not 100% certain, but I have heard that it is only cosmetic. You retain the stats of whatever armor you currently own

So... that makes it pretty final then although after he tweeted this answer, he also answered another one:
UbiGabe @shozen13 Yeah, there are actually a bunch of different armor sets you can unlock... some of epic awesomeness indeed

Your thoughts on this...

realgangsta213
11-05-2010, 12:07 PM
Finally I have received an answer for this question:

UbiGabe @cioww Aha, okay, I am not 100% certain, but I have heard that it is only cosmetic. You retain the stats of whatever armor you currently own

So... that makes it pretty final then although after he tweeted this answer, he also answered another one:
UbiGabe @shozen13 Yeah, there are actually a bunch of different armor sets you can unlock... some of epic awesomeness indeed
reposting it for page 4

SilentBlade243
11-13-2010, 11:15 AM
According to the armor page on Assassin's Creed Wikia (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Armor#Assassin.27s_Creed:_Brotherhood), Alta´r's armor was lost during the sige of Monteriggioni (we knew that). So far, the only time that Ezio is actually wearing it during Brotherhood, is during the escape from the Vatican.
The wiki also says that the unlockeable (through UPlay) version of the armor, is purely cosmetic, and thank God for that! Because, as awesome as the armor was, the classical white has it's own charme (now lets just hope Ubisoft makes it stay cosmetic).
To replace Alta´r's Armor, we have the Armor of Romulus (artwork is in the previous link), which is acquired from the new Secret Locations. This armor kind of makes you look like a mix between a traditional assassin and War from Darksiders (which isn't nessecarily a bad thing).
Among the Armor of Romulus and various other armors that are purchaseble, those of us who pre-ordered the Auditore Edition or the Codex Edition, we also get the Helmschmied Drachen Armor, which looks kind of bulky in the artwork, and it kinda makes Ezio look like a walking tank ( artwork (http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20101018162317/assassinscreed/images/1/1f/Amazon.jpg)).
All in all, I don't think we will have a lack of armor types in Assassin's Creed Brotherhood which comes out in six long days!

realgangsta213
11-13-2010, 11:23 AM
woah you fished this discussion out of what, page 6???
Anyway thanks for your opinion on this. And i think I'll wear the romolus armour but not if it has any effect on free running and wear one of the skins over it because truth be told i don't like the bulky looks of it.
Oh yeah and before i forget welcome to the forums.

realgangsta213
11-13-2010, 12:32 PM
Actually, does anyone know if the romolus armor or the drachen will have an effect on free running???

DevilSpi
12-11-2010, 07:41 PM
Yes u will be able to but u need Internet or wifi so u can buy it from uplay on ps3 or xbox or watever.

DevilSpi
12-11-2010, 07:47 PM
I love the armour I have it and u don't find or get it ingame u buy for 20 uplay points off uplay(duh)