PDA

View Full Version : F4U vs Do335

M2morris
07-13-2008, 08:52 AM
This happened to me about five hours ago.

It was my first encounter with a Do 335.

Its a fast plane and a good BnZer, but not invinceable; I splashed him later.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQ3h5nwgxMM

mortoma
07-13-2008, 11:33 AM
No plane is invincible if you can get close enough to it and hit it with a few skilled ( or lucky ) shots. I was just flying ( mod ) a B-25-G1-NA and shot down two Zeros in the top turret. Was attacked by a third but ran out of ammo for the top turret. Well, I promptly went back to the cockpit and started evading. The AI zeke made a mistake and blew by me, it started turning to the left and went right in front of me to the left in a high bank angle. I too banked over to the left, lined up in front of him as best I could and let go with a super high deflection burst from the twin, fixed .50s BMGs.
I saw some pieces fly off the Zeke and knew I hit it but did not see any damage. The Zeke did a high loop and then went straight in. I got a lucky PK!!

So you'd think a Zeke would be "invincible" from a B-25 that had no defensive gunner ammo left. Well, he wasn't and the same thing could have happened online if it would have been human piloted. You can get lucky hits on a Human piloted plane as easy as on an AI one.

M2morris
07-13-2008, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by mortoma:
No plane is invincible if you can get close enough to it and hit it with a few skilled ( or lucky ) shots. I was just flying ( mod ) a B-25-G1-NA and shot down two Zeros in the top turret. Was attacked by a third but ran out of ammo for the top turret. Well, I promptly went back to the cockpit and started evading. The AI zeke made a mistake and blew by me, it started turning to the left and went right in front of me to the left in a high bank angle. I too banked over to the left, lined up in front of him as best I could and let go with a super high deflection burst from the twin, fixed .50s BMGs.
I saw some pieces fly off the Zeke and knew I hit it but did not see any damage. The Zeke did a high loop and then went straight in. I got a lucky PK!!

So you'd think a Zeke would be "invincible" from a B-25 that had no defensive gunner ammo left. Well, he wasn't and the same thing could have happened online if it would have been human piloted. You can get lucky hits on a Human piloted plane as easy as on an AI one.

That's beautiful, awesome. I would love to see that track, but you described it good enough.

I had a an NK1 knock out my engine from behind while I was on another ones tail lighting him up. I never even knew he was back there. My engine seized, I hit flaps and kicked it into a slip and dove, he went over me and pulled right over and in front of me just perfect and I let him have a burst. He went away smoking real bad and I crash landed on a road.
But Nk1s usually don't give me a big problem while in the Corsair.

However, that Me262 is a pain to go up against, also the FW190s.

mortoma
07-13-2008, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by M2morris:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mortoma:

That's beautiful, awesome. I would love to see that track, but you described it good enough.

I had a an NK1 knock out my engine from behind while I was on another ones tail lighting him up. I never even knew he was back there. My engine seized, I hit flaps and kicked it into a slip and dove, he went over me and pulled right over and in front of me just perfect and I let him have a burst. He went away smoking real bad and I crash landed on a road.
But Nk1s usually don't give me a big problem while in the Corsair.

However, that Me262 is a pain to go up against, also the FW190s. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I have the track, it's the mod version of 4.08 because I wanted to fly the earlier B-25s. Especially the two with the 75mm murder cannon in the nose!! The top turret kills are unspectacular since the died a long time after I shot them due to engine seizure or fuel leaks. But I went and watched that part where I won the dogfight against the Zeke, it was cool. Too bad it was AI Zeke.....

Xiolablu3
07-14-2008, 01:52 PM
Fantastic Landing, LMAO!

M2morris
07-14-2008, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Xiolablu3:
Fantastic Landing, LMAO!

After I was hit the first thing I thought of was:

Wheres the carrier?

But as I was gliding back I wasn't sure if that guy who got me was gonna come back and finish me off.

So it was decision-time:

Bail out, or go for a dead-stick.

I must have hit that enemy plane that knocked me out because he never finished me off on my glide home.