PDA

View Full Version : AC2 Templar Lairs

SmeTskE003
05-25-2011, 11:57 AM
Dear reader

First of all, I'd like to mention I'm a fan of the Assassin's Creed series, but something has been bothering me.

I've recently had a 2 month-lasting e-mail conversation with two persons from the Ubisoft support team, regarding this matter. As this converstation finally lead to a dead end with me not bothering anymore trying to explain my point, I have decided to create a forum topic. Exactly as the support team has suggested me to do.

The problem
I have bought the normal edition of Assassin's Creed 2 when it first came out in stores. I have paid 50 euros for the game.
Later on, I figured out the collectors editions had some extra content. Three Templar Lairs, to be exaclty. Palazzo Medici, Santa Maria Dei Frari and Arsenal Shipyard, which are not available in my game.

After some digging, appearantly there was only the Black Edition, Steam Deluxe Edition and GameStop pre-order which contained these secret locations. Console gamers have the option to buy these secret locations as well, together with their DLC. However on the box of my game it says: "Contains extra missions: The Battle of Forli and Bonfire of Vanities".

These not being available in my game isn't really wasn't bothering me, but these keeping me from finishing the game with 100% sync, is.

I do agree buyers of collectors editions should receive extra content, but I strongly disagree this exact same content counts towards 100% completion. To me, this is proof the game that has been shipped as a normal version isn't a complete game.

There are a few options I could suggest in order to please everyone who are bothered with this problem:
<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI> make this content available for everyone;
<LI> do not count the extra content with the 100% sync;
<LI> make the content available for purchase;
<LI> make the content available through uPlay.
[/list] I have contacted the Ubisoft helpdesk through the webform and after the first month my request finally got passed on to their superiors. After that, it was quiet for another month.

Until two weeks ago. I received a new e-mail.
This time it was from another support team member, telling me he did not know what the developers are up to, or if this content will become available in the future.

After this I asked if he could direct me on who to contact regarding this matter, but two days later, I received another e-mail.

"This special content is only for the one who bought the special edition and it's normal for them (as they pay more) to have something that everybody else who paid the normal version don't have. If this content is available in the future you will see that in the forums or on our website." -quote.

Ok. I agreed, as I stated in the first e-mail. But today I was browsing the store on Steam and it caught my attention there are TWO options available on Steam.
<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>Buy the Deluxe Edition of the game for 29,99 EUR, which contains these three Templar Lairs (And which is about 20 Euros cheaper as what I have paid;
<LI>Upgrade to the Deluxe Edition for 4,99 EUR (But you require the Standard Edition of the game from Steam).[/list]The most interesting thing is, being the Ubisoft week on Steam, the rest of the week this is 33% cheaper...

This leaves me with a few questions.
Why can Steam offer upgrades to accounts, to unlock this content, and Ubisoft themselves can not?
Where exactly do these users, that buy the game now for 29,99 EUR, have paid more than me, who has the retail standard edition?
And last, but not least: how exactly does the Steam version of the game work with key codes? Is it possible for me to buy this copy on Steam, add the extra content to my Ubi-account, and give the 'normal' key to one of my friends?

Thanks you for your time.

Greetings

PepperDdraig
05-25-2011, 12:48 PM
I have bought the White Collector's Edition myself and I am missing two templar lairs.

I also contacted Ubisoft about this and they didn't even provide me with such detailed information.
Staff just told me to find a walkthrough after I clearly stated that these lairs were not in my game and that I visited them already.
In the end I just got, and I quote: "So far the only PC version that was provided with this content is the BLACK EDITION."

Apparently PS3 and XBOX360 players had the option to buy these lairs or not. PC gamers had to get their hands on the ultra-rare black edition to get these lairs (and no other means...).

I don't feel like buying my game again to try and compete on the leaderboard. It would be very nice if these lairs were for purchase or Uplay rewards of some sorts. If Steam can offer an upgrade for your account, I think Ubisoft can as well...

SmeTskE003
05-26-2011, 03:25 PM
Exactly what I was thinking. It's a shame Ubisoft still haven't released this, yet.

Is there someone who can tell me how the Steam version of the game integrates with your UPlay account?

SmeTskE003
05-28-2011, 11:12 AM
Because AC2 Deluxe is only 10 Euros on Steam right now, I'm really hoping someone can tell me how the the keys are linked to the Uplay account.

If anyone can tell me, this would be greatly appreciated...

Black_Widow9
05-28-2011, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by SmeTskE003:
This leaves me with a few questions.
Why can Steam offer upgrades to accounts, to unlock this content, and Ubisoft themselves can not?
Where exactly do these users, that buy the game now for 29,99 EUR, have paid more than me, who has the retail standard edition?
And last, but not least: how exactly does the Steam version of the game work with key codes? Is it possible for me to buy this copy on Steam, add the extra content to my Ubi-account, and give the 'normal' key to one of my friends?
Your best bet in getting these questions answered is looking at the Steam Support Site. (https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7141-OPGX-5121) For Retail CD Key questions look here. (https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7480-WUSF-3601) I'm not sure why they only offer the upgrade. I will try and see if I can find an answer for you because it is a really good question. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Originally posted by SmeTskE003:
Is there someone who can tell me how the Steam version of the game integrates with your UPlay account?
You need to create a Uplay account linking it to your Ubisoft account. You can follow the link in my signature to do so and you may need to do it from Ubisoft site and not Steam. Afterwards whenever you have completed actions you can redeem you points on the website. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

SmeTskE003
05-30-2011, 01:56 PM
Thanks for your reply! I'm glad there are more people who can relate to this problem. Or at least see the reason why I wrote this. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I'm looking forward to hearing from you soon.

superharek
06-09-2011, 01:37 PM
many years later,we still have this problem! AC:Revelations is even announced and we still have no news about AC2 templar lairs,which is sad as im a fan of Assassins Creed and Ubi is letting their fans down by not making this available for everyone,on steam it is available but thing is i got the retail version and collectors edition wasnt available in my country (Latvia).

SmeTskE003
06-16-2011, 02:53 AM
Would've been a nice present for 25 years Ubi... :P
But yet, here we are, waiting for any confirmation... Again...

AntiChrist7
06-16-2011, 06:36 AM
i bought ACII when it came out (i specially skipped a class in college for it). a few weeks later i got a mail where they apologised for connectivity issues (which never troubled me), and gave me a code to unlock the templar lairs.

don't ask me for the code or the email, i deleted it a year ago

SmeTskE003
06-16-2011, 09:59 AM
I never bothered with the connectivity issues, but if you've gotten a code, as an apology, I think everyone should've gotten one! :P

SmeTskE003
07-03-2011, 04:33 PM
So here we are, a month later, with still no update on this matter whatsoever... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

damozzzzzzz
07-10-2011, 04:50 AM
How can I obtain a code for unlocking the 3 Templar Lairs? I have the retail PC version of AC2 which includes the Battle of Forli and Bonfire Vanities, but not with the 3 lairs. I'd just like to get 100% synch, I'm not beating my head in or anything, but I'd really like access to these otherwise fairly insubstantial bits of DLC.

SmeTskE003
07-10-2011, 05:57 PM
I wish I could give you an answer to this question, as I have been looking for one myself for the past four months... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

SmeTskE003
07-25-2011, 11:39 AM
Shameless bump as I'm still awaiting a reply from Black_Widow9... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Black_Widow9
07-26-2011, 01:44 PM
Ok here's the deal. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

If you had previously played/beaten AC2 and then purchased the GOTY Edition: [LIST]
<LI> Check to see if you still have old AC2 files (game install, DLC, save games) on your hard disc
<LI>Remove them
<LI>Install the GOTY Edition

The GOTY Edition is complete so the previous AC2 files are no longer necessary. This should solve the issue. If you are still having problems please make sure that you contact Ubisoft Support. The link is in my signature. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Dragonstei
08-21-2011, 06:30 AM
That still doesn't answer my question. The only edition available for me is the normal retail version. I am not able to buy stuff online which includes Digital Versions. Why buy the game again if I already own it? I am willing to pay money for the 3 Templar Lairs but the only way to get it is to buy the Deluxe Edition on Steam which I can't do. What about Ubisoft promising that everyone will be available to play all exclusive AC2 content? They should make the Templar Lairs available in the UbiShop atleast or send everyone a free code.

http://www.incgamers.com/News/...-come-to-all?gr_i_ni (http://www.incgamers.com/News/18623/assassins-creed-2-bonus-content-will-come-to-all?gr_i_ni)

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/09...nt-eventually-unloc/ (http://www.joystiq.com/2009/09/17/exclusive-assassins-creed-2-retailer-content-eventually-unloc/)

Dragonstei
08-24-2011, 11:31 AM
Bump

Dragonstei
09-07-2011, 08:28 AM
Another bump

XIXDunedainXIX
09-20-2011, 03:27 PM
Bump

I too bought AC2 (PC) and am perplexed as to why the Templar Lairs were not included since the DLC Memories were present. Since it is impossible to register the game on Steam (if you bought it in hardcopy) - so as to receive the 'Deluxe Edition' upgrade; it appears that PC gamers have once again been discriminated by Ubisoft.

I have seen that there are apparently torrents that "enable" the Lairs, but I am vehemently opposed to such illegal actions and it would be greatly appreciated if Ubisoft address the issue so as to prevent PC gamers from utilizing such options out of desperation.

BlackWidow, Would it not be possible for Ubisoft to release the Templar Lairs on UPlay/UbiShop as downloadable DLC or simply just email the affected people (All PC Gamers who didn't buy either the Black Edition or on Steam) the required codes?

I doubt that writing to Ubisoft Support will resolve the issue, has anyone tried that option and seen success?

Dragonstei
09-22-2011, 02:40 AM
I tried several times writing to Ubisoft Support and everytime they said that I just had to wait untill it will become available, which I doubt will happen.

sassinscreed
09-23-2011, 02:52 PM
i think that it is possible to live normal life without having 100% synch on ac2, its just number on screen

Dragonstei
09-25-2011, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by sassinscreed:
i think that it is possible to live normal life without having 100% synch on ac2, its just number on screen

That's not the point, the point is that Ubisoft promised that the DLC's would become available to EVERYONE. But they didn't release it for the ones who got the retail version.

AntiChrist7
09-25-2011, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Dragonstei:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sassinscreed:

That's not the point, the point is that Ubisoft promised that the DLC's would become available to EVERYONE. But they didn't release it for the ones who got the retail version. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i did the templar lairs, and i bought the retail version

statement proven false

Dragonstei
09-25-2011, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by AntiChrist7:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dragonstei:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sassinscreed:

That's not the point, the point is that Ubisoft promised that the DLC's would become available to EVERYONE. But they didn't release it for the ones who got the retail version. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i did the templar lairs, and i bought the retail version

statement proven false </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bought the retail version (Not Black Edition) at the release date? Then yes you could play them because Ubisoft sent codes to people when the servers went down, after that they didn't become available.

AntiChrist7
09-26-2011, 02:11 AM
indeed, thats the reward for being a loyal customer instead of a whiner http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

SmeTskE003
10-20-2011, 03:28 PM
@Dragonstei: Again a reply that doesn't offer a real solution to our problem without having to buy another copy of the game. It bothers me how close ACR is and there is still no update on AC2 for this matter. It really seems they indeed do not care about PC gamers.

@sassinscreed: True, but how would you feel if you buy a game that is incomplete and the developers never offer you a chance to get the entire game, even though it is possible?

@AntiChrist7: And how is it you're a more "loyal customer" to Ubisoft, then? I paid the same price for my game as you did. Because I didn't enjoy the frustration of not being able to play because of server problems / ****ty DRM?
The point of this topic is NOT to beg for free content of a game, but to open up Ubisoft their eyes and make them realise there are people out here, who are even willing to pay for this extra content, yet they do not make it available to us.

Jexx21
10-20-2011, 03:47 PM
To be 100% honest, the content wasn't even that great.. It was like an extra hour of jumping around.

I can do that in the cities for free.