PDA

View Full Version : Wondering about AC3s ancestor and Desmond

ShaneO7K
10-17-2011, 02:16 PM
In Revelations I know Desmond is trying to separate Altair and Ezio from himself. But if Desmond goes in the animus for whatever reason in AC3 will this not just repeat itself as it did with Altair and Ezio, and Desmond will go through the Bleeding Effect again with the new anscestor?

Or after Revelations does Desmond learn a way of not having this happen again? Just been wondering this for a while.

Altair661
10-17-2011, 02:21 PM
Well, it could happen again. But he'd have to be in there for a while. And I don't think he'll be in the animus everyday in AC3. I always thought in AC3 he would be able to use a controlled Bleeding Effect and find the memory he wants.

xCr0wnedNorris
10-17-2011, 02:35 PM
I personally hope we spend most of the time in AC3 in the modern world rather than in the Animus. Considering it's supposed to be the final part of the trilogy (keep in mind it's supposed to be a trilogy), it'd seem important for Desmond to be doing more than just sitting in a chair practically the entire game. You know, he's gotta *inhales deeply* SAAAAAAAAAEEEEEEEEEEEVVVVVVVEEEEE THE WUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURLD (Sanity Not Included reference ;D) and stuff.

dewgel
10-17-2011, 02:40 PM
Desmond will be able to control it by time of AC3, the bleeding effect is the ultimate weapon when controller properly.

thekarlone
10-17-2011, 02:57 PM
Easy, Animus 3.0 will remove any possible side effects.

blazefp
10-17-2011, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by dead_gunner187:
In Revelations I know Desmond is trying to separate Altair and Ezio from himself. But if Desmond goes in the animus for whatever reason in AC3 will this not just repeat itself as it did with Altair and Ezio, and Desmond will go through the Bleeding Effect again with the new anscestor?

Or after Revelations does Desmond learn a way of not having this happen again? Just been wondering this for a while.

Since the coma was created by Juno for Desmond to get the sixth sense, I'm guessing that this sixth sense is the ability of controlling the bleeding effect.

LightRey
10-17-2011, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by blazefp:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dead_gunner187:

Since the coma was created by Juno for Desmond to get the sixth sense, I'm guessing that this sixth sense is the ability of controlling the bleeding effect. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I don't think so. I think the sixth sense is basically what "intuition" is supposed to be and that Eagle Vision and Eagle Sense are intuition under "control".

Jexx21
10-17-2011, 04:28 PM
I think that the Sixth Sense is the highest form of Eagle Vision/sense.

LightRey
10-17-2011, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Jexx21:
That's basically what I'm saying, but in turn I think that, as Eagle Sense is a higher form of Eagle Vision, Eagle Vision is a higher form of intuition.

Sarari
10-17-2011, 04:53 PM
I really hope that in AC3 you play as Desmond at least 50% of the time. Because to be honest, I feel no reason for him to visit anymore ancestors because he has what he needs. He got the skills from Desmond and he learned some things from Altair that I can't even name lol.

But I really wanna see the side of Desmond and him fighting Templars modern day. It would be cool to see an assassin with a hoodie that anyone can buy from a store :P

xx-pyro
10-17-2011, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:
That's basically what I'm saying, but in turn I think that, as Eagle Sense is a higher form of Eagle Vision, Eagle Vision is a higher form of intuition. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Definitely agree with this. I don't think the sixth sense is anything higher than Eagle Sense though, I think they are one and the same. The choice of changing the wording from Eagle Vision to Eagle Sense obviously implied a great change to the skill itself- and I doubt it was changed only because the gameplay for the skill was different.

blazefp
10-18-2011, 07:34 AM
I guess we'll have to w8 a month to get that answer. For now we can just speculate right?

LightRey
10-18-2011, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by blazefp:
I guess we'll have to w8 a month to get that answer. For now we can just speculate right?
Yeah. At least at the end of this game we'll know what's going to be our goal in AC3.

kudos17
10-18-2011, 07:41 AM
"Which means, Desmond, that you may not need the Animus to visit your ancestors - which would be a good thing, assuming you could control it. Up until now though... no one has."

I dunno, Shaun's words seem awfully foreshadowing... Perhaps Desmond will tap into another ancestor by control, without the Animus, after using the Synch Nexus as his final "test", so to speak? I have a strong feeling that the Nexus is the final step before Desmond gains full control of his Assassin abilities. It may be kind of a stretch, though.

Alas, we won't know for sure till AC3 comes out or AC:R's ending.

LightRey
10-18-2011, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by kudos17:
"Which means, Desmond, that you may not need the Animus to visit your ancestors - which would be a good thing, assuming you could control it. Up until now though... no one has."

I dunno, Shaun's words seem awfully foreshadowing... Perhaps Desmond will tap into another ancestor by control, without the Animus, after using the Synch Nexus as his final "test", so to speak? I have a strong feeling that the Nexus is the final step before Desmond gains full control of his Assassin abilities. It may be kind of a stretch, though.

Alas, we won't know for sure till AC3 comes out or AC:R's ending.
Even if he does gain full control over the bleeding effect I doubt they'll get rid of the Animus. I think we'll just see more sequences similar to Desmond's "dream" of Alta´r in AC2.

dave93vert
10-19-2011, 11:47 AM
i agree with Kudos17 http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/partyhat.gif

eagleforlife1
10-19-2011, 12:18 PM
A solely modern day Assassin's Creed wouldn't be Assassin's Creed.

LightRey
10-19-2011, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by eagleforlife1:
A solely modern day Assassin's Creed wouldn't be Assassin's Creed.
That's very true imo.

ShaneO7K
10-19-2011, 12:29 PM
Yeah I remember an interview before the release of AC2 or ACB stating that no AC would be totally modern day. Forget who actually said it though.

MostJadedGamer
10-19-2011, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by xCr0wnedNorris:
I personally hope we spend most of the time in AC3 in the modern world rather than in the Animus.

Then it would be the first AC game I will not buy. The selling point of the AC games has always been about playing in epic historical locations. I have zero interest in playing a AC game set mostly in a modern setting.

Considering it's supposed to be the final part of the trilogy (keep in mind it's supposed to be a trilogy)

Um no those plans were thrown in the trash can shortly after the release of AC2. The franchise is now a yearly release(Ubisoft has confirmed this over, and over again), and AC3 will be the 5th AC game, and the 4th year in a row that we will have a AC.

The original plans for the AC franchise were long ago thrown in the trash can, and have changed greatly since the original concept. The franchise is now a yearly release.

The uppermanagement at Ubisoft has taken total control of the franchise of the AC franchise, and they will dictate to the developers that they want yearly AC games even after AC3 in 2012.

http://n4g.com/news/866309/ubi...-creed-games-suit-us (http://n4g.com/news/866309/ubisoft-yearly-assassins-creed-games-suit-us)

LightRey
10-19-2011, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by dennis580:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xCr0wnedNorris:
I personally hope we spend most of the time in AC3 in the modern world rather than in the Animus.

Then it would be the first AC game I will not buy. The selling point of the AC games has always been about playing in epic historical locations. I have zero interest in playing a AC game set mostly in a modern setting.

Considering it's supposed to be the final part of the trilogy (keep in mind it's supposed to be a trilogy)

Um no those plans were thrown in the trash can shortly after the release of AC2. The franchise is now a yearly release(Ubisoft has confirmed this over, and over again), and AC3 will be the 5th AC game, and the 4th year in a row that we will have a AC.

The original plans for the AC franchise were long ago thrown in the trash can, and have changed greatly since the original concept. The franchise is now a yearly release.

The uppermanagement at Ubisoft has taken total control of the franchise of the AC franchise, and they will dictate to the developers that they want yearly AC games even after AC3 in 2012.

http://n4g.com/news/866309/ubi...-creed-games-suit-us (http://n4g.com/news/866309/ubisoft-yearly-assassins-creed-games-suit-us) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You're incorrect. AC has always been, and still is intended to be a trilogy. The AC2-ACB-ACR trilogy is a trilogy within that trilogy.

albertwesker22
10-19-2011, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by LightRey: You're incorrect. AC has always been, and still is intended to be a trilogy. The AC2-ACB-ACR trilogy is a trilogy within that trilogy.

*Generic inception joke* http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

souNdwAve89
10-19-2011, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by dennis580:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xCr0wnedNorris:

http://n4g.com/news/866309/ubi...-creed-games-suit-us (http://n4g.com/news/866309/ubisoft-yearly-assassins-creed-games-suit-us) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, he was referring to Desmond's story. Desmond's story IS a trilogy despite the spinoff games we got (Brotherhood and Revelations). As for the yearly release, it will probably be a whole new story since Alex Amancio mentioned that the franchise is about cycles.

Jexx21
10-19-2011, 09:47 PM
And they have said that they are gonna take a break after AC3.

LightRey
10-20-2011, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by albertwesker22:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey: You're incorrect. AC has always been, and still is intended to be a trilogy. The AC2-ACB-ACR trilogy is a trilogy within that trilogy.

*Generic inception joke* http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
*plays dramatic music*
"Like a taco, inside a Taco Bell, inside a KFC!"
*sudden, dramatic end to dramatic music*