PDA

View Full Version : Female Assassins in the Middle East

Chuushiri
12-03-2011, 11:14 PM
Concerning female Assassins, would they have been allowed to perform assassinations in the Order during Altair's time? Or would they have been rejected due to the social stigma in Middle Eastern society during that time?

I know that the Assassins fight for the people and free will and that female Assassins have existed since Ancient times, but would the social feelings of that time have prevented females from being practicing Assassins?

SweetsMachineGun
12-03-2011, 11:16 PM
Altair was the first to let women join the Assassin's Brotherhood. He wrote in the codex about women's rights. I do think women joining the order would have been frowned upon, however. Women likely tried to hide their gender with heavy robes and facial covers.

kriegerdesgottes
12-03-2011, 11:19 PM
There had to be women in the assassin brotherhood before Altair's time since it was a female assassin who supposedly killed Alexander the great.

SweetsMachineGun
12-03-2011, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
There had to be women in the assassin brotherhood before Altair's time since it was a female assassin who supposedly killed Alexander the great.

Oh! You're right. But I distinctly remember there being no females serving the Brotherhood in AC1 (except maybe the harem girls in the garden). I guess it was male-only by the time Al Mualim took power-- at least in that particular location.