PDA

View Full Version : I set the water=3 and efects=2 and gott only 18 FPS....

GA_
11-20-2004, 03:08 AM
I have,
*GT 6800 with 256ram.
*P-2.8 tuned to 3.0
*1G ram with dual channel with 800

Is my system to weak.......

GA_
11-20-2004, 03:11 AM
And by the way, the settings with water=3 was just enjoyabel , exelent water layers wit no white blury dots far away. Just exelent. But with only 18-20 FPS I cant go on this settings and have put it back to water=1 and effects=1.

Nubarus
11-20-2004, 04:13 AM
Your system is too weak to use Effects=2, this feature is not to be used with todays hardware so use Effects=1.

GA_
11-20-2004, 09:01 AM
the same goes for Water=3 etc....

Nubarus
11-20-2004, 10:55 AM
Some people say they can fly with water=3 and others say they don't.

I rather have smooth gameplay in max resolution so I don't even play in Perfect mode anyway.

Doctor_Feelgood
11-20-2004, 10:55 AM
i'm gonna say it's your processor cuz i have the same card and i get better frames.

JG27_Arklight
11-20-2004, 11:14 AM
Your processor and video card are fine.

What are your FSAA and AF settings?

JG27_Arklight
11-20-2004, 11:15 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nubarus:
Your system is too weak to use Effects=2, this feature is not to be used with todays hardware so use Effects=1. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

BS.

I can run mine with effects "2" when I am clocked to 3.0GHZ.

Besides that, effects "2" doesn't effect FPS that much.

Nubarus
11-20-2004, 12:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JG27_Arklight:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nubarus:
Your system is too weak to use Effects=2, this feature is not to be used with todays hardware so use Effects=1. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

BS.

Besides that, effects "2" doesn't effect FPS that much. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah sure Ark, the info I posted came from Oleg himself.

I am sure he knows more about the game engine then you so I say that your comment "Besides that, effects "2" doesn't effect FPS that much." is complete and utter BS.

The fact that nothing is written in the Readme about this feature is because it should not be used yet, Oleg posted this on the Ubi board a few weeks ago.

JG27_Arklight
11-20-2004, 01:07 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JG27_Arklight:

BS.

Besides that, effects "2" doesn't effect FPS that much. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah sure Ark, the info I posted came from Oleg himself.

I am sure he knows more about the game engine then you so I say that your comment "Besides that, effects "2" doesn't effect FPS that much." is complete and utter BS.

The fact that nothing is written in the Readme about this feature is because it should not be used yet, Oleg posted this on the Ubi board a few weeks ago. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It doesn't.

I tested it in game and saw a 3 FPS difference.

Whoopdiedo.

But if Oleg said it then it positivley must be the case in every situation.

lmao.

I could care less if you believe me or not.

His computer is fine and thats a fact. You shouldn't make generalizations.

WUAF_Badsight
11-20-2004, 01:13 PM
"Effects = 2" is different smoke & flames & explosions ?

VMF-214_HaVoK
11-20-2004, 01:25 PM
Perfect mode runs better then ever and is very playable for me now in online servers.

Im running water=0 and it looks terrific
Effects=1
@1152x864x32

Nubarus
11-21-2004, 12:26 PM
Good for you Ark, I am happy that you can play with Effects=2, come to think of it, I could not care less.

It was rather funny, not to mention typical that you felt the need to open your post with BS, so frienly as usual. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Oh btw, guess what has been fixed in the new patch?

The bug I posted here some time ago and you felt the need to step in and piss in the thread with your BS.

If anyone ever notice a bug in this game don't even bother to post it here because there are always people who feel the need to piss in your thread because they feel the bug is not important enough to get fixed.

Just use the email address in the PF readme file to prevent BS posts in your bug report thread by these A-holes.

SaQSoN
11-21-2004, 01:04 PM
Today, I was speaking by phone with my friend, who has P2.4, GF6800 and 1 GB RAM.
Well, I sugested him to try Water=3 + Effects=3, just to check how this setting looks. Absolutely suprisingly his FPS got about 1.7 times higher with this setting!
Go figure...
So, I guess, you should try this too. BTW, he uses 3.01 with the new EXE. Though, I don't know which Nvidia drivers he has.

PS It's not a joke. I am absolutely serious. I am not sure, if this will work for you as well, but who knows?..

Weather_Man
11-21-2004, 01:21 PM
There is not effects=3 that I'm aware of.

Effects=2 is not supported. Some systems may experience low FPS with this setting. It is currently being tested and will probably be tweaked considerably over time.

Water=3 is the best available, but does not mean the best of today's hardware can run it at high FPS. Think Lomac and early Il2. It's a high level of graphics detail designed for longetivity. Remember, it is only recently that Perfect mode has become playbable full-time due to advances in hardware.

Be happy with what you can get and don't expect because it's there you should be able to use it. Every system is different and game settings should be tuned accordingly.

Nubarus
11-22-2004, 03:31 AM
Most likely the FPS was 1.7 times higher because it didn't use any Effects at all since there is no Effects=3.

Same as Forrest=3 and you play in Excellent mode, all the trees in the field and towns are gone, resulting in a higher framerate.

jason_peters
11-22-2004, 07:25 AM
Forest=3 is there, and gives more trees.

Gives me a FPS hit of about 3

Effects = 2 is fine when flying and even with water explosions after the patch - but ground explosions kill my FPS.

Water=3 ---- Wish I never set it to this - now water 2 looks very flat. I get a FPS hit of about 10 FPS (from 33 to 23) with water=3 - things start to get choppey at this point http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Other settings FSAAx4 AFx2 1280x969 res - everything else max

BenvZijl
11-22-2004, 08:31 AM
i myself got water=3 and effects=2 and run the game in 1600x1200 with AA and AAF on in perfect mode and play the game without any problems.

system specs: AMD 64 3400+, 2GB 400mhz DDR, XFX geforce 6800GT 256 MB

Supr
11-22-2004, 09:22 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jason_peters:
Forest=3 is there, and gives more trees.

Gives me a FPS hit of about 3

Effects = 2 is fine when flying and even with water explosions after the patch - but ground explosions kill my FPS.

Water=3 ---- Wish I never set it to this - now water 2 looks very flat. I get a FPS hit of about 10 FPS (from 33 to 23) with water=3 - things start to get choppey at this point http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Other settings FSAAx4 AFx2 1280x969 res - everything else max <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pretty sure that a 9800 does not have the ability to show water 3, (only a 6800 has the PS3 ability)

jason_peters
11-22-2004, 09:40 AM
oppsss not updated my profile - now got a 6800 GT