PDA

View Full Version : Your closest kill?

EctoGamma
07-20-2007, 07:12 AM
Hi All,

We have had frist kill, I was woundering what your closest kill was?

Mine was just last night. Off-line, in the Blinding Sun campain. I was in the Mig and came across a lone me110. I made two high speed passes and scorded hits all over the 110. I lined up for a 3rd slower pass and saw that the rear gunner was not shooting, was most likely dead. I closed in for the kill and the 110 slowed right down! I *just* got my mig slowed down enough to slot in unnder his left wing. I stayed there for about 15/20 seconds and riddled his wing with mg rounds. I then nosed down and watched him crash, wing on fire.

I have never been so close to another aircraft with out hitting it! Were talking a few feet here! How I did not hit it I'll never know, it was just blind luck. Alas, as it was so hard to keep my aircraft steady I have no shots of it, but was my closest kill.

Ecto.

EctoGamma
07-20-2007, 07:12 AM
Hi All,

We have had frist kill, I was woundering what your closest kill was?

Mine was just last night. Off-line, in the Blinding Sun campain. I was in the Mig and came across a lone me110. I made two high speed passes and scorded hits all over the 110. I lined up for a 3rd slower pass and saw that the rear gunner was not shooting, was most likely dead. I closed in for the kill and the 110 slowed right down! I *just* got my mig slowed down enough to slot in unnder his left wing. I stayed there for about 15/20 seconds and riddled his wing with mg rounds. I then nosed down and watched him crash, wing on fire.

I have never been so close to another aircraft with out hitting it! Were talking a few feet here! How I did not hit it I'll never know, it was just blind luck. Alas, as it was so hard to keep my aircraft steady I have no shots of it, but was my closest kill.

Ecto.

flyingloon
07-20-2007, 08:11 AM
last night offline, in flat spin man's excellent afrika korps campaign, I got so close that i got damaged from (presumably) bullet fragments or blast damage, using mg's on a blenheim's right engine... wasn't the gunner either cos i'd already nailed him. anyway, eventually scragged the engine and the blenheim slowly went down whilst i rtb'd

Zoom2136
07-20-2007, 08:12 AM
Got VonHeide on WC from 10m behind him.... LOL... is plane was as big (maybe just a bit bigger) as my screen and had to offset my spit to get one wing canon behind his fusalage....he told me after that he could hear my engine LOUD and CLEAR.... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

JtD
07-20-2007, 08:28 AM
I too often get killed when my target blows up. Means I am usually pretty close when it happens.

The other night I was diving on an unexpecting target, closing in firing. I apparently didn't do much damage, and decided to dive below the target and have another go. Just as I release the trigger and push the nose down (only exit available), his right wing comes off. As I dive below him not even a second later, he has already descended a little. My vertical stab took off his other wing.

Probably the closest thing I had recently.

TgD Thunderbolt56
07-20-2007, 08:49 AM
Been canopy to canopy many times in a fast scissor taking snap shots that are, at times, literally only feet away.

rnzoli
07-20-2007, 09:07 AM
Well, some years ago I regularly took off the wings of a P-39D2, which was B&Z-ing me, with the vertical stabilizer on my Zero.

This pilot was excellent, I could never catch him of course, but I did try to gain energy for manouvering with shallow dives in between attacks, and raising my gunsight on him in nearly vertical climbs (while he zoomed down on me). Sort of vertical head-ons developed, and while I was dodging his bullets, we went past each other only by meters. Sometimes less. Three times I destroyed his aircraft without hitting him, it started to become annoying to even to me.

Another very close kill happened when I touched the properller of a Bf-109s with my Yaks vertical stab. It went down also. I think I am very good at using the vertical stab as a weapon.

On the other hand, when I shot out the engine of a P-40 with my Zero, and peeled away, the P-40 exploded and took 1 wing of my zero with it, as a collateral damage. I never go too close to the enemy with guns, it can be dangerous.

Chris0382
07-20-2007, 10:12 AM
Mine was last night also.

Sturmovicks over Manchuria

FW-190 coming in head to head with me (IL-10) and I took him out at the last 1/8 second with rockets. I thought Ide be toast also but I escaped.

F19_Orheim
07-20-2007, 10:17 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EctoGamma:
I have never been so close to another aircraft with out hitting it! Were talking a few feet here!

Ecto. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's how a few F19 and F16 members (no names mentioned hehe) consistantly try to fly, even in combat area http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif formation flying freaks..

crucislancer
07-20-2007, 10:21 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by flyingloon:
last night offline, in flat spin man's excellent afrika korps campaign, I got so close that i got damaged from (presumably) bullet fragments or blast damage, using mg's on a blenheim's right engine... wasn't the gunner either cos i'd already nailed him. anyway, eventually scragged the engine and the blenheim slowly went down whilst i rtb'd </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's funny, I was playing Luftwaffe Pilot: Afrika! last night as well, and also had a close call with a Blenheim......I was going pretty fast, though, and got a really lucky shot into the cockpit on a head-on pass, and just barely made it out of the way.

I was also playing a Dgen P-47 NW Europe campaign last night, and was having a pretty good mission, with 3 kills. I lined up on a 190's 6, fired a burst and promptly ran out of ammo, but he was smoking a bit, and slowing down. My speed brought me up to his left wing. Guess what? It banked left, and I couldn't get out of the way in time, and he took off one of my wings. I was able to bail out, and I got credit for the kill since he went down in pieces after colliding with me.

Online about a week ago I got the lucky end of a head-on pass with a Yak. He was actually going after someone else, but hit me with a snap shot when I fired at him. He got my engine smoking, but I took his left wing off just as he fly by only a couple of meters away. It was a really rewarding kill, and even though I had an engine hit, I made it back to base. Barely. Offline against the AI I can handle myself really well, but online I usually get spanked pretty hard. Any online kill for me is a cause for celebration.

zugfuhrer
07-20-2007, 11:08 AM
Yes once I was close to a kill, but the oponent warped away and shoot me down.

PBNA-Boosher
07-20-2007, 11:28 AM
In offline I-16 campaigns or online against AI bombers, I like to taran my propeller into the tail of my enemy. I lose an engine but can still glide my plane home. My prop cuts through his tailplane and he goes down.

Chris0382
07-20-2007, 05:04 PM
Ide love to see youtube footage of that PBNA excellent move guy.

jimDG
07-20-2007, 11:13 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chris0382:
Ide love to see youtube footage of that PBNA excellent move guy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hush! You'll wake him up!

zardozid
07-21-2007, 04:43 PM
I don't really know this one...
I suppose the ones I run into are the nearest. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

carguy_
07-21-2007, 04:52 PM
Long time ago I had a low level fight with a Mig3.It was before the changes so it was very bad at low alt,far worse than the 109F2.
Time ran and I could not get on this guy and at times he was close to scoring some on me.I got frustrated and terrified sumultaneously so when I finally scored a tiny hit orcing him to level off I did not want to let myself to overshoot him.I fired half of the ammo load into his tail from 15m.He blew up taking my plane with him though I was able to bail safely.

djetz
07-22-2007, 03:50 AM
I was in a 109, attacking a Pe8 that was taking off. I got it, but it was carrying the 5000 kilo bomb, and I didn't get out of range before the bomb went off.

It trashed the 109, stopped the engine, and made the controls inoperable. But the wings were still attached, despite the holes in them and the fuselage. The 109 drifted down calmly and made a perfect belly-landing in a field. No injury to pilot. I just sat there looking at it for a while, amazed.

I've sailed through debris from an exploding enemy a/c a few times, and I've been taken down by it a few times, too. And had my share of mid-air collisions, usually fatal to both sides. I like to get close, to be certain of a hit.

Rammjaeger
07-22-2007, 04:01 AM
In the "Black One" campaign I've found out that shooting at bombers from below at point blank range with Mk-108 cannon is not exactly a good idea (result was an inoperable and smoking engine).

jimDG
07-22-2007, 07:03 AM
Was in a Spit, diving on a He-111 from 6 o'clock. I miscalculated the approach and collided with the bomber. The Spit cockpit and engine got detached and slid inside the tube of the bomber fuselage until it stopped in the bomber cockpit. I opened the canopy, pulled a handgun and shot the pilot in the head. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/351.gif

cawimmer430
07-22-2007, 07:27 AM
A few hours ago. Dove down in a P-47D on a 1944 Mitsubishi Zero! Right when I was over him, distance about 30 meters maybe, I fired all my guns. He blew right up. I felt the shockwave and heard the shrapnel from the explosion riddle my plane. True enough, my engine was smoking and making weird noises and my canopy had a few bullet holes and certain instruments were shot out. The exterior of my ride had damage all over the wings and around the engine and my left elevator was missing. Ooops.... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif