PDA

View Full Version : Wing tip smoke

AFSG_fraggmann
09-04-2005, 10:18 AM
Is it possible to change the color of the wing tip smoke? If so how is it done.

Zeus-cat
09-04-2005, 10:55 AM
I don't think you change the color.

I think we are lucky to have the smoke in any color since this is a combat flight sim and wing tip smoke isn't needed for that.

Zeus-cat

VFThunderboy
09-04-2005, 03:18 PM
Its not smoke, its water condensation from high g-loads, high humidity..

3.JG51_BigBear
09-04-2005, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by VFThunderboy:
Its not smoke, its water condensation from high g-loads, high humidity..

Talking about two separate things. There's actual aerobatic style smoke in game. Its a nasty looking green color.

Kuna15
09-04-2005, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Zeus-cat:
I don't think you change the color.

I think we are lucky to have the smoke in any color since this is a combat flight sim and wing tip smoke isn't needed for that.

Zeus-cat

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/351.gif

TacticalYak3
09-04-2005, 08:34 PM
Smoke is great when practicing your various maneuvers to see how well you actually handled the plane.

TS!

AFSG_fraggmann
09-05-2005, 10:06 AM
There is more to this game than air-quaking. The AFSG has put a formation/aerobatic flying team together and all I wanted to know was if we could change the color of the wing tip smoke. Im sorry to see how many people fail to see the full potetial of this, the best well rounded flight simm. If any one would like to join in our team please visit us at our web site. All are welcome. afsg@theafsg.com

Brain32
09-05-2005, 10:49 AM
Have you seen wingtip smoke in LockOnFC, it has three streams from every wing and it can be modified...
About this feature in IL2, it would be a nice addition but it's far from what this game was made for therefore I'm lucky we have this.
BTW: After 2+ years of virtual flying in IL2 i tend to fly aerobatics very often...

Kuoster
09-05-2005, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by 3.JG51_BigBear:
There's actual aerobatic style smoke in game. Its a nasty looking green color.

The smoke is actually Green and Red. Green and Red was chosen to help you guys with visual aid as to which direction the aircraft with smoke on was flying. Green and Red is universal throughout trains, ships, planes, ect, to help you see exactly which side of the craft you're looking at from afar.

And yes, colored smoke is always a nice addition, not only just to see your own flight path visible and help yourself practice manuevers, but for formation flying and aerobatics.

3.JG51_BigBear
09-05-2005, 03:44 PM
I haven't used it in a while but I think the smoke in PF is just green. The smoke in LOMAC is green and red.

JunkoIfurita
09-05-2005, 05:23 PM
It's been green and red for as long as I can remember within IL2.

Green on one wing, red (well, really pink) on the other.

----

3.JG51_BigBear
09-05-2005, 07:05 PM
Yeah I just looked you're both right. My mistake. I've been playing for four years now and I always thought the two were the same color.