PDA

View Full Version : 3 months to go

Dark-Whisperer
12-05-2010, 08:17 AM
Hello people,
Today is 05.12.2010.
Official release date is March 2011. That leaves around 3 months till we should get to play vanilla Heroes VI.
BUT!
Look at the state of this forum - no more than 25 people post or comment on it. Official site is laughable. Information are scarce. So far we know about 3 out of 5 races - and thats just pictures - no stats. We don't know almost anything about buildings, race specifics, we have around 20 screenshots and really lousy gameplay video. No idea if there will be beta testing - what I ask is WHY? WHY cant we get something more substantial? Town screenshots, units on map, units on battlefield, videos of the new magic spells and what they do, new creatures special abilities (if any)... ANYTHING to rise the hype. I'm really worried about the state of the game and yet nobody is talking about pushing back release date. Does anybody else feel that this game is treated like independent low budget project? It is shame! UBI should treat loyal players with respect - sure we will buy and try anything that has name Heroes but entire franchise is at stake here. I just ask WHY is one of the best game franchises treated this way from UBI officials - make some effort to convince old and especially new players that this game is worth buying and that Heroes VI will be venerable sequel to the series.

Please make us really want to buy and play this game.

nqox
12-05-2010, 10:24 AM
I agree. noone is even aware of the game except the everyday players. Nothing other than some images can be found. There is no excitement in the air. Look at the tension how people wait for Diablo 3 for example or how Starcraft 2 was waited...
I am also sure that the game's release will be later than March.

KingImp
12-05-2010, 10:35 AM
I really want to get excited by this, but I'm finding it hard to believe this will be done by March. From what I've read there isn't even a Beta test going on yet and one would think that the test would be well underway this close to release. I honestly don't remember how far out the Beta was from Heroes V before it's release, so if anyone from that test can let us know it would be great.

I'm crossing my fingers for March, but wouldn't be surprised if it's like 6 months later.

Ygds11
12-05-2010, 11:08 AM
Listen how old are most of us? I would probably guess that I might be one of the younger people here at 24. Truth is the franchise is old, and has not maintained it's fan base except the die hard fans. When 3DO and NWC went under, that was kind of the end. While Heroes 4 was not really a failure, it was the last ditch effort that couldn't quite live up to it's predecessor. So now we have gone for H3's game of the year, to the current state, where it's sort of a pick it off the shelf generic fantasy game.

I would not be surprised though if, Ubi is disappointed with the activity on these forums. Perhaps they expected more activity and more interest. The lack of information may be due to simple lack of demand. 20 voices don't sound as loud as 2000 voices. I remember activity being quite high with H5. I remember when chuckles found how to preview the remaining unrevealed factions by modifying the URL. He probably was always a plant, and it made these forums interesting. There was always something to talk about.

However with the lack of information flow, and the fact that the last three updates by UBI have been some party pictures and information one could either find on these forums or on Chuckles website. He already had the tier layout on his webpage well in advance of their update. They even prefaced it with the, "this is what you've all been waiting for" tag line. THis shows that devs are doing one or more of at least three things.
1)Only ever look at the VIP forum, no-where else
2)Can't read english very well, which is entirely understandable
3)Working so hard under the Ubisoft task masters that they have little time for executive and public relation matters.

I certainly hope it's the latter, this would mean they are dedicated to producing a great game. Regardless of how much fanfare it gets, a great game comes from dedication. For example wasn't MYST a legend in it's time? It was developed by a couple independent guys and was a revolutionary game.

I also think that the game release might be pushed back much further than was originally planned. They made it look like the game was relatively complete, but they may now be taking a step back. From what I have read, many responses to currently revealed information have been positive. This makes me wonder, because usually positive responses encourage information, not stop it.

The game may not be as complete as we think. A Q1 release date may no longer be realistic, for some unrevealed reason. BETA testing is something that takes time, three months is not quite enough.

then again I could be wrong, everything could be going swimmingly, they might be just trying to tease us. Perhaps there is already an undercover closed BETA in progress, and this game is just waiting to burst onto the stage. Hopefully.

GoranXII
12-05-2010, 12:28 PM
The problem with this place is that there's already a ton of fan-site about - heroescommunity.com for instance - which are better known and more visited.

SwampLord450
12-05-2010, 12:36 PM
Yeah, I think the main issue is that other sites, Heroes Community in particular, are already so well trafficked that not many people come here.

The other problem, of course, is that it's been so long since any Heroes game was released for PC (almost 3 years now?) that even Heroes Community hit a bit of a slump. Such a huge gap without any info is bad for business.

GoranXII
12-05-2010, 02:37 PM
A big gap didn't hurt the Starcraft community that much, and that was like 10 years.

Also, this place isn't as well set out as the other places, for starters you can't have more than 1 reply open at a time.

SwampLord450
12-05-2010, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by GoranXII:
A big gap didn't hurt the Starcraft community that much, and that was like 10 years.

Also, this place isn't as well set out as the other places, for starters you can't have more than 1 reply open at a time.

Thing is, Starcraft was actively supported with patches and bugfixes for all of those ten years, and has had highly publicized tournaments with, in some cases, hundreds of thousands of fan attendees for the majority of the twelve years since Brood War's release.

HV enjoyed no such support; the last patch was years ago with ToTE and there's been a total blackout since. Had Ubi/Nival kept actually patching the game there would have been greater levels of interest as the metagame would have been constantly changing. As it is, the game has been stagnating for quite some time.