PDA

View Full Version : when will the full site be up &

lujlp1979
06-21-2005, 02:20 PM
running? the teaser site is driving me nuts, i check it like, twice a day, i'm like an addict looking for a fix

does anyone know when the full myst 5 site will be up??

lujlp1979
06-21-2005, 02:20 PM
running? the teaser site is driving me nuts, i check it like, twice a day, i'm like an addict looking for a fix

does anyone know when the full myst 5 site will be up??

Mysthints
06-21-2005, 03:33 PM
I understand your frustration, but we really have no idea when the site will be up so don't drive yourself crazy hitting the F5 key http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif. The development team needs some time to get all the materials together and polish the look of the site so fans like it, plus Cyan and Ubi have to give the thumbs up for the site launch. They probably want to wait a bit so the official site will get everybody stoked shortly before the game releases.

Alahmnat
06-21-2005, 04:57 PM
I wouldn't expect it to come before mid-July, really... the release date for the game looks to be sometime between September and November, and the full site for Revelation came out only a couple of months prior to the game's release, so if there's a pattern here, odds are you'll have to wait a bit longer.

Patience http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.

Mowog
07-02-2005, 08:28 AM
Hey, do you think there will be a downloadable demo? I always enjoy getting an early taste of new adventures, and in this case I'm really eager to see how Myst V compares with Uru... and what it looks like in 3D, with stereo glasses! Woo...

Coronagold
07-04-2005, 08:32 AM
I want a demo strictly for the purpose of seeing if it'll run on my PC. The Revelation demo showed me that I needed to use an earlier nVidea driver.

AdamJohnso
07-04-2005, 09:22 AM
Yeah, I personally am ready for a simple demo to see if Myst 5 will run on my comp. Otherwise I'm gonna have shell out $700 to build my own comp http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif . (I'm tired out retailers for ripping people off for memory)

Mowog
07-05-2005, 04:56 PM
Gotta laugh here... back when RealMYST was getting off the ground, the demo ran flawlessly on my machine but the full game wouldn't. Never did figure that one out.

And after several upgrades (went from WinME (gag) to WinXP Home, then to WinXP Pro; also upgraded my video card), RealMYST runs great, IF it runs... sometimes it launches and runs perfectly, other times it just crashes back to the desktop.

But the demo still runs every time. Go figure.

poutrew
07-10-2005, 11:52 AM
Sounds like a driver conflict, Mowog. Whenever that happens to me, I can usually cure it by dumping the Edimensional 3D driver from the startup list. You may want to try eliminating each driver in your list until the game starts up, maybe you can get an updated version that doesn't cause so much trouble.

AdamJohnso
07-10-2005, 12:40 PM
Mowog, on my old comp (xp) a service called ctfmon was causing the same problem that you're describing problem (ctfmon is a network service so be careful about disabling it). BTW According to the System Specs for M5 i'll only need a bit more ram!

Mowog
07-10-2005, 04:13 PM
Snickering again, but ruefully... back when I bought my VAIO in 2001 or so, it was touted as having great RAM, in the form of 256 MB of high-speed RAMBUS modules. When I upped the RAM load to 384 MB, I found that the RAMBUS was shockingly expensive when compared with the regular stuff. So my machine is still using 384 MB, and doing quite well, although Uru causes a lot of hard disk action, evidently due to a lot of virtual memory usage. I'd love to give it more RAM, but alas, that's not really in the budget. Son starting college, you know the rest...

Poutrew -- Yeah, a driver conflict was my suspicion from the start when RealMYST was playing up. If I recall correctly, my problems with RealMYST predated my acquisition of the eDimensional glasses, so I don't know if there was a relation there or not. I do know that when I installed Myst IV, and updated my video drivers as suggested by the installer, it killed Uru. So as mentioned elsewhere, I was able to comprimise by rolling the drivers back to an earlier version that supported both Myst IV and Uru. RealMYST too, for that matter. But it's still really intermittent. No problem really, as I played an extended session one evening to finish the game, knowing that it might not launch the next time! RealMYST is brilliant with the glasses, by the way. Exploring the swinging bridges way up in the Channelwood trees is pretty awesome when you have a sense of how far it is down to the water!

Deirdre_1
07-11-2005, 08:42 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Gotta laugh here... back when RealMYST was getting off the ground, the demo ran flawlessly on my machine but the full game wouldn't. Never did figure that one out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I had a similar Problem with Myst 4 Revelation only in reverse. I had downloaded the demo and no matter what I did I couldn't get it to run. I took a chance and bought the full game and it has run flawlessly on my computer. Like you said...go figure.