PDA

View Full Version : what browser?

general_kalle
06-27-2007, 12:36 PM
i was just wondering when i saw Bearcat's tread .

im using IE.
mostly because i dont care about it

BillyTheKid_22
06-27-2007, 12:55 PM
Firefox!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

http://www.algadefe.net/viva_firefox_eats_ie.jpeg

Divine-Wind
06-27-2007, 01:04 PM
Firefox is Tacticool™.

ImMoreBetter
06-27-2007, 01:34 PM
I just "upgraded" to Firefox yesterday.

neural_dream
06-27-2007, 02:07 PM
I upgraded to IE7, learned how to use it and now firefox and IE6 seem years behind. Firefox was yesterday's Tacticool.

For me, it's

IE7
Opera
Firefox
IE6
Safari

I admit, IE7, just like vista, is not easy to get used to, but then again isn't IL2 the same? Still, we all love it now.

Urufu_Shinjiro
06-27-2007, 02:14 PM
I use firefox but I don't care what anyone uses, as long as it's not IE6. That thing is a hazard to all life on the internet, it's literally dangerous to use!

DuxCorvan
06-27-2007, 03:13 PM
I have Firefox as default, but I have also IE7 for those MS-friendly pages. Fortunately, you can have both.

Firefox is great, imported all my cookies and bookmarks from IE, and they work perfectly well together.

mortoma
06-27-2007, 05:23 PM
The poll did not have many choices so I did not vote. I use 3 different ones, IE, Firefox and Netcape. I see a lot of peeps use Firefox and think it's so cool. While it is good, I don't think it's as good as some think. You never hear anyone mention Netscape anymore and I have found the latest version to be as good as FF any day. It came on my laptop that I just bought and I have no intention of unistalling it. If anything, I will use it frequently.

In the old days prior to 2000, it was the only browser to use as IE was a piece of junk then. In the nineties there were few alternatives to IE and Netscape. By the way, Netscape pretty much started it all, IE was Microshafts copycat attempt. Netscape was far ahead of anyone then because it was the first true modern browser.

-HH-Quazi
06-27-2007, 05:45 PM
Isn't Netscape & Firefox one in the same?