PDA

View Full Version : couple of tips for b25, h111 level bombing

thefruitbat
05-22-2005, 07:42 AM
I dont know if anyone has mentioned this before, but i havent seen it here, so here goes.

1) alot of people have mentioned about a slight drift down when using level stabaliser. This can be corrected by trimming your nose up after you have engaged the stabaliser.

2) Steering and making last minute adjustments to course are now really easy for me, since i realised that you can steer your plane using rudder trim.

Now all i do is set myself rougly the right course to target, get my height and speed set, engage level stabaliser, and then looking through the bombsight, use to rubber trim to turn untill target is bang on target. turning like this means you do not have to disengage the level stab, and your speed and height stay the same. you can even make 90 degree turns like this quite easily. this has made my accuracy alot better.

hope these tips help someone!
happy bombing

fruitbat

thefruitbat
05-22-2005, 07:42 AM
I dont know if anyone has mentioned this before, but i havent seen it here, so here goes.

1) alot of people have mentioned about a slight drift down when using level stabaliser. This can be corrected by trimming your nose up after you have engaged the stabaliser.

2) Steering and making last minute adjustments to course are now really easy for me, since i realised that you can steer your plane using rudder trim.

Now all i do is set myself rougly the right course to target, get my height and speed set, engage level stabaliser, and then looking through the bombsight, use to rubber trim to turn untill target is bang on target. turning like this means you do not have to disengage the level stab, and your speed and height stay the same. you can even make 90 degree turns like this quite easily. this has made my accuracy alot better.

hope these tips help someone!
happy bombing

fruitbat

Monson74
05-22-2005, 08:40 AM
In the Heinkel: at 3000 meters & 300 km/h you can use the lower front window bar just over the pedals for aiming - target must be slightly under the bar & in the middle of the window.