PDA

View Full Version : online a/c favorites and least favorites?

TeufelHund84
07-18-2006, 07:18 PM
Just trying to get a feel for what the favorites and least favorites are in most servers?

I was planning on using the feedback to pick one of the least popular choices (I hear the p-39 is a good candidate) and training with that just for ****es http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

I also hear bomber pilots are in the vast minority so I am trying my best to improve my straight line flying and bombardier skills.

TeufelHund84
07-18-2006, 07:18 PM
Just trying to get a feel for what the favorites and least favorites are in most servers?

I was planning on using the feedback to pick one of the least popular choices (I hear the p-39 is a good candidate) and training with that just for ****es http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

I also hear bomber pilots are in the vast minority so I am trying my best to improve my straight line flying and bombardier skills.

VW-IceFire
07-18-2006, 07:24 PM
The most popular aircraft in the shoot em up dogfight servers are the Spitfire IX, La-7, Yak-3P, Ki-84 and usually a small number of Bf109K-4. The least popular tend to be P-38, P-47, FW190 variants to some extent. The P-39 sort of falls in the middle...not often seen but occasionally felt.

The P-39Q-10 is definately competitive in a most dogfight servers. Its not the fastest plane around but if you can avoid stalling/spinning it you can do quite well with its agility and handling at speed. The P-63C-5, the faster and more capable sibling of the P-39 is also one of those rare fighters.

I understand your interest in picking a lesser known aircraft. I started to do this shortly after getting into dogfight servers several years ago. There was less to choose from but I've always shied away from the most popular in favour of something more exotic and usually more difficult. If you can do well in a difficult plane then things are very good!

For some fun...if the server allows...the Do-335 with a SC1000 bomb is hilarious when employed correctly.