PDA

View Full Version : I wonder how long it will be before....



Bearcat99
01-29-2011, 07:01 PM
Added theaters are entered.. initially I was thinking probably at least a year... but then I got to thinking that considering the plane set... perhaps sooner.

stalkervision
01-29-2011, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by Bearcat99:
Added theaters are entered.. initially I was thinking probably at least a year... but then I got to thinking that considering the plane set... perhaps sooner.

I'd bet on your first estimate

Gunshi0891
01-29-2011, 07:19 PM
Yea that would be really great to know although i understand they might be very busy at the moment since the COD release date is nearing

This said , it's perhaps wishful thinking , but i'd really love to see a Pacific add-on as the first one , with the new engine's potential , carrier ops could be awesome .

I realize it would be a huge load of work because they would have to model all the ships in a much more detailed way than it is in IL-2 , but on the other hand , the maps would take them less time to complete since most maps would contain a lot of ocean/water area

Otherwise , i'd like the Eastern front back ASAP if we don't get the Pacific . But i have a feeling it will be the Mediteranean front because it takes less work , Eastern front in COD would be a huge project seeing the number of planes and detailed maps (with cities , lots of objects etc.. ) they would have to make .

ins-a-nity
01-29-2011, 07:30 PM
Rommels foray to Tripoli or maybe even greece/crete campaign makes sense to me, followed by Barbarossa, you americans are being punished 60 years late for entering at a later stage! Im sure if the USA knew it would effect your entry into COD they would of jumped in a lot sooner http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/crackwhip.gif

ins-a-nity
01-29-2011, 07:31 PM
and dont forget Malta http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

RAF_OldBuzzard
01-29-2011, 07:40 PM
Well, if they want me to buy/play it, then they better.

CLod just doesn't bring enough to the table for me to consider.

What does it have?

A very limited TO, and limited plane set, most of which I have no interest in flying to start with.

I mean, how many times can you: scramble, intercept 2 eng bombers escorted by fighters, followed by scramble, intercept 2 eng bombers escorted by fighters, followed by scramble, intercept 2 eng bombers escorted by fighters, with an occasional scramble, intercept single eng dive bombers, before to gets really really boring?

Once they open up the PTO, a much wider selection of aircraft, and give us carriers...I'll be more inclined to purchase it.

Gunshi0891
01-29-2011, 07:41 PM
Yea , I think a Med add-on has the most commercial appeal .

Mainly because many nations are involved , most British and American planes of the period are featured and it would take less time to complete as it is not as heavy as the Eastern Front or Pacific in term of number of maps , flyable aircraft types and objects . Also with a Med addon , the COD serie would follow a chronological order , although it is a pity that what happened before BoB is ignored ( like the Battle of France and the Low countries which could have been interesting )

Anyways , i hope the Pacific theater will come in the next 2 years , would be really amazing , but i guess i"ll have to rely on IL-2 1946 for this front , with Team Daidalos or qualiy mod packs

stalkervision
01-29-2011, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by RAF_OldBuzzard:
Well, if they want me to buy/play it, then they better.

CLod just doesn't bring enough to the table for me to consider.

What does it have?

A very limited TO, and limited plane set, most of which I have no interest in flying to start with.

I mean, how many times can you: scramble, intercept 2 eng bombers escorted by fighters, followed by scramble, intercept 2 eng bombers escorted by fighters, followed by scramble, intercept 2 eng bombers escorted by fighters, with an occasional scramble, intercept single eng dive bombers, before to gets really really boring?

Once they open up the PTO, a much wider selection of aircraft, and give us carriers...I'll be more inclined to purchase it.

well O/B it depends how many planes the game puts up there in the built in missions and the quality of the ai IMO.

also how ones computer can handle these amount of aircraft

M/P will probably be alright since they say 128 players in the game but that is still only 64 players to a side.

Now if the odds are adjusted in a historically proper ratio heavily favoring the Germans this might work.

About a 100 German aircraft to 28 British fighters would do I believe.

with a proper mix of german bombers to fighters

wheelsup_cavu
01-29-2011, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by Bearcat99:
Added theaters are entered.. initially I was thinking probably at least a year... but then I got to thinking that considering the plane set... perhaps sooner.
I'll say 6 to 8 months.


Wheels

VW-IceFire
01-29-2011, 10:37 PM
There was mention that whatever the next installment was it would assume 50% of the current planeset as being factored into the next one. That says to me North Africa... We have a solid grounding in all of the major types serving there. Just later models (or in some cases the same ones!).

Feathered_IV
01-29-2011, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by ins-a-nity:
and dont forget Malta http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

Yep, Cliffs of Malta would be a good, manageable-sized addon with some interesting aircraft and the opportunity to use some CoD ones as well.

Doing a Pacific Fighters style attempt to create the entirety of the MTO in one hit will be a failure.

Mercanario
01-29-2011, 11:22 PM
Id love to see Spanish Civil War, but i suspect after putting up with flying early versions of Spitfire, Hurricane and Bf109 in COD people will be clamoring for more uber aircraft...

Chivas
01-29-2011, 11:28 PM
I think the size of the theater will be a very important factor. You may be able to do a large MTO because its mostly desert and ocean.

Doing a large Eastern Front would be quite a bit of work building all the terrain, villages, towns and cities. Not to mention the cost in fps. I don't think we will see a large highly populated theater of operations, until average computers are more capable.

Luthier's comment about "eye brows being raised" when its announced is very intriguing. Before this I had little doubt it was going to be the MTO or some area of it.

I am fairly certain it will be something early in the war that will used some of the aircraft already built. It should follow some sort of time line but the time lines of the theaters of war blurr very quickly.

Chivas
01-29-2011, 11:36 PM
I don't imagine Chennault's Flying Tigers theater of operations was that large, and highly populated.

csThor
01-30-2011, 03:04 AM
Well, judging from the information snippets from the IGROMIR show back in November I figure the time for full-theater additions is over. And yes, that means no more "Pacific Air War 1941 - 45" or "The Mediterranean Air War 1940 - 45". Given the announcement of the "Battle of Moscow" at IGROMIR I think we'll see operation-specific releases since these are a lot more limited in object and map pool.

Gamekeeper1961
01-30-2011, 03:28 AM
The 'easiest' follow up would be a prequel taking you to the Battle Of France. Already have most of the necessary aircraft and would mostly require new maps.

M_Gunz
01-30-2011, 05:26 AM
How fast will much depend on the speed of return of investment on CoD. If you don't support this by bying and go forum picky beotch bad mouthing it over details then don't expect the bits you want sooner than later possibly never. It's not like there's a whole field of quality combat flight sim makers fighting over the #1 spot, just 1C and a very few pretenders.

Rjel
01-30-2011, 07:07 AM
Considering the large modding community that most of us enjoy in IL2, there's little reason not to believe some of those folks can and will migrate to CoD probably sooner than later. While the system in CoD is supposed to be different it isn't hard to imagine many more hands making maps and planes only speeding up the process.

csThor
01-30-2011, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by Rjel:
Considering the large modding community that most of us enjoy in IL2, there's little reason not to believe some of those folks can and will migrate to CoD probably sooner than later. While the system in CoD is supposed to be different it isn't hard to imagine many more hands making maps and planes only speeding up the process.

Very doubtful. For starters there won't be tools until "after the release" (and the exact timeframe was never specified, it could be days, it could be months). Secondly the modelling detail is astronomical, even Maddox Games says that a single cockpit takes roughly 6 months of hard work for an experienced modeller. And ultimately the tool set will not have full access to FM and the user-made maps will be limited in dimensions (specifics are unknown at this point). I suspect the modders will get their go at the new engine, but it remains to be seen when that happens and how long it takes to get geared up. Not to mention that I doubt we'll see more than a handful of user-made stuff that a) fulfills specifications and b) is not the usual "KeWl late-war über-cannoned über-plane" totally out of place in a simulation of the air war of 1940 ... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

RSS-Martin
01-30-2011, 10:27 AM
Well I would really enjoy a Battle of France add on but also a invasion of Poland as that came before France. But I fear a majority will be more for late war aircraft.

Bearcat99
01-30-2011, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by wheelsup_cavu:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bearcat99:
Added theaters are entered.. initially I was thinking probably at least a year... but then I got to thinking that considering the plane set... perhaps sooner.

I'll say 6 to 8 months.
Wheels </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah that's what I am thinking.. hoping all things considered..


Originally posted by M_Gunz:
How fast will much depend on the speed of return of investment on CoD. If you don't support this by bying and go forum picky beotch bad mouthing it over details then don't expect the bits you want sooner than later possibly never. It's not like there's a whole field of quality combat flight sim makers fighting over the #1 spot, just 1C and a very few pretenders.

I agree.. which is one reason why I am buying it from the outset regardless. I am certain I will still be flying IL2... a lot... but considering what we have gotten from 1C in the past IMO it would be foolish to not support the product.. it isnt like he is going to bail on us and leave us high and dry.. 1C redefined the meaning of developer support in PC gaming. This is also one reason why I find statements like this one (nothing personal OB and no disrespect intended.. )


Originally posted by RAF_OldBuzzard:
Well, if they want me to buy/play it, then they better.
CLod just doesn't bring enough to the table for me to consider.
What does it have?
A very limited TO, and limited plane set, most of which I have no interest in flying to start with.
I mean, how many times can you: scramble, intercept 2 eng bombers escorted by fighters, followed by scramble, intercept 2 eng bombers escorted by fighters, followed by scramble, intercept 2 eng bombers escorted by fighters, with an occasional scramble, intercept single eng dive bombers, before to gets really really boring?
Once they open up the PTO, a much wider selection of aircraft, and give us carriers...I'll be more inclined to purchase it.

Very narrow minded, shortsighted and even selfish to a degree.. Like I said.. 1C is not like a box of chocolates.. you can get a pretty good idea of what you are going to get. I have owned at least 15 sims over the past 12 years... and the omly one I still fly on a regular basisi that I have had for more than 18 months.. is IL2 46. I fully understand being limited in funds and not having money to toss around.. but let's face it most of us spend that or 2 or 3 times that on beer in a month.. Considering the nature of the genre.. the reputation of the developer and the longevity of IL2 .... it is just a no brainer for me. Even if I still wind up flying IL2 more because of the variety.

RAF_OldBuzzard
01-30-2011, 01:54 PM
If "selfish" is not spending my hard earned $$ on something that I see as not having enough value for that $$ then yeah...I'm selfish.

I have no doubt that, at some time in the future, I'll end up buying it, but that will be when there is enough content to give me the game play that I am interested in.

DKoor
01-30-2011, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Bearcat99:
Added theaters are entered.. initially I was thinking probably at least a year... but then I got to thinking that considering the plane set... perhaps sooner.

Your question is probably connected to the fact that you don't really enjoy a prospect of playing BoB? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Hmm... now that I think about it I'm not avid fan of it either... somehow I find Eastern theater and Pacific to be "my game"... then Western front, Ardennes and stuff... BoB, Mediterranean, Africa etc. are all below on my scale of interest.

BTW I predict around a year or so, but I guess that even devs can't really tell.

Chivas
01-30-2011, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by RAF_OldBuzzard:
If "selfish" is not spending my hard earned $$ on something that I see as not having enough value for that $$ then yeah...I'm selfish.

I have no doubt that, at some time in the future, I'll end up buying it, but that will be when there is enough content to give me the game play that I am interested in.

If you enjoy ground pounding there will be alot of extra mission you could fly. I will be enjoying some nap of the earth lone wolf Ju88 strikes, 110, and 109 jabo strikes. I will also enjoy doing some train busting etc missions into France with RAF aircraft. I'm sure the game won't get old before the next addon to the series arrives.

The only problem with waiting is, if enough people do the same thing, the series could easily die.

Rjel
01-30-2011, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by csThor:
Very doubtful. For starters there won't be tools until "after the release" (and the exact timeframe was never specified, it could be days, it could be months). Secondly the modelling detail is astronomical, even Maddox Games says that a single cockpit takes roughly 6 months of hard work for an experienced modeller. And ultimately the tool set will not have full access to FM and the user-made maps will be limited in dimensions (specifics are unknown at this point). I suspect the modders will get their go at the new engine, but it remains to be seen when that happens and how long it takes to get geared up. Not to mention that I doubt we'll see more than a handful of user-made stuff that a) fulfills specifications and b) is not the usual "KeWl late-war über-cannoned über-plane" totally out of place in a simulation of the air war of 1940 ... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

That's what I've always enjoyed about your post csThor. Always the optimist. That and anything you don't approve of isn't "keWl". I guess we'll wait and see, won't we?

heywooood
01-30-2011, 07:04 PM
I imagine the addons will take a backseat to bug fixes and minor code adjustments for at least the first 6 months to a year - it just seems likely that Mr.Maddox and crew will want to evaluate matters after initial release and not go straight to new content immediately.

not that I would mind it if things went so smoothly...

csThor
01-31-2011, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by Rjel:
That's what I've always enjoyed about your post csThor. Always the optimist. That and anything you don't approve of isn't "keWl". I guess we'll wait and see, won't we?

You call me a pessimist, so be it. I prefer to call me a realist whose experiences with "modding" are anything but positive. Burnt child dreads the fire ... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

DKoor
01-31-2011, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by Chivas:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RAF_OldBuzzard:
If "selfish" is not spending my hard earned $$ on something that I see as not having enough value for that $$ then yeah...I'm selfish.

I have no doubt that, at some time in the future, I'll end up buying it, but that will be when there is enough content to give me the game play that I am interested in.

If you enjoy ground pounding there will be alot of extra mission you could fly. I will be enjoying some nap of the earth lone wolf Ju88 strikes, 110, and 109 jabo strikes. I will also enjoy doing some train busting etc missions into France with RAF aircraft. I'm sure the game won't get old before the next addon to the series arrives.

The only problem with waiting is, if enough people do the same thing, the series could easily die. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Yeah I agree... there is enough content (for me) to buy it when it hits the shelves...

Anyhow are 109 with bomb racks (E4/B?) going to be in? Maybe I'm mistaken but I don't remember seeing much of those in BoB, I could easily be wrong tho, it wasn't nuclear science to put a bomb rack on Emil.

DKoor
01-31-2011, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by csThor:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rjel:
Considering the large modding community that most of us enjoy in IL2, there's little reason not to believe some of those folks can and will migrate to CoD probably sooner than later. While the system in CoD is supposed to be different it isn't hard to imagine many more hands making maps and planes only speeding up the process.

Very doubtful. For starters there won't be tools until "after the release" (and the exact timeframe was never specified, it could be days, it could be months). Secondly the modelling detail is astronomical, even Maddox Games says that a single cockpit takes roughly 6 months of hard work for an experienced modeller. And ultimately the tool set will not have full access to FM and the user-made maps will be limited in dimensions (specifics are unknown at this point). I suspect the modders will get their go at the new engine, but it remains to be seen when that happens and how long it takes to get geared up. Not to mention that I doubt we'll see more than a handful of user-made stuff that a) fulfills specifications and b) is not the usual "KeWl late-war über-cannoned über-plane" totally out of place in a simulation of the air war of 1940 ... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>You seem to be very skeptical about mods, I share the same point of view.
The day they started this sim changed for worse online. It haven't die it just changed for worse.

I don't like mods. Not with this game... I enjoy them in other games but then again this is the only game I play online, I played WoW once but if you cheat there and try to be a smartarse they simply kill your account http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif ; mods are kept very 'tight' there too, no "user content" such is new areas, models etc., let alone changed physics for certain existing models.
That doesn't happen in IL-2, so... for me conclusion is quite clear.

Offline, well mods aren't a bad thing, for all I care one could fit FatBoy on LaGG-3/Mk103_pods and go rampage on Africa with unlimited ammo http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif .

It just bothers me when I'm forced to download some user maps, packs and other stuff that I don't need in order to play with other people; I experienced that on WarCLouds at a time and I didn't liked it (I wont even consider increased chance of cheating).

RSS-Martin
01-31-2011, 02:41 AM
Well I see no great differance looking at 4.10 between mods and non 1c patches. Just need to compare actual material on the bomb fusing from WWII showing something totally differant than that what is enforced onto everyone on 4.10.
So I do hope certain parts of the game stay firmly closed for non 1c tinkers.
I actually find Ultra Pack better that what was dished out in 4.10
4.10 is also a reason why IL2 will be removed rather fast as soon as CoD is out.
Wonder what will come 4.101 that you can only shoot at a distance of a 1000m closer and your shots have no effect?
So hopefully CoD will be in this case an improvement so that kids fantasies of Kwel-stuff stays out of the game for a long time.

csThor
01-31-2011, 05:45 AM
Each to his own ...

M_Gunz
01-31-2011, 06:15 AM
Originally posted by RSS-Martin:
Well I see no great differance looking at 4.10 between mods and non 1c patches. Just need to compare actual material on the bomb fusing from WWII showing something totally differant than that what is enforced onto everyone on 4.10.

Care to share or just want to say it's so?

RSS-Martin
01-31-2011, 07:27 AM
Oh it is no secret and easy to find on the banana forum but here is the material too just look for yourself:
http://www.abload.de/img/mindestabwurfhhefqhj.png
http://books.google.com/books?id=hd8DAAAAMBAJ&pg=PA13&dq=popular+Mechanics+1944+Marader&hl=en&ei=tq2iTI7hEouenQflj92IBA&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CC0Q6AEwAA#v=onepage&q&f=true
Also a very good read is this book on the topic:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obi...05/thewolfboutique#_ (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0275945405/thewolfboutique#_)
Here the regulations for the German bombs and there useage:
http://www.deutsche-luftwaffe....rf%20L.Dv.%208-5.pdf (http://www.deutsche-luftwaffe.org/archiv/Dokumente/ABC/b/Bomben/Vorschriften/Der%20Bombenabwurf%20L.Dv.%208-5/Der%20Bombenabwurf%20L.Dv.%208-5.pdf)
page12, left upper table.

Also the Henschel has a bomb visor for a min. height of 10m, as of the TD mod guys a no go. Guess Henschel did something wrong and did not ask TD??

Fuze: m112,113,114
Type: Impact/inertia with 4-15 second delay
Bombs: All GP bombs
Air Travel to Arm: 100ft
Vertical fall required to arm with a dive angle of 0 degrees:
100kn - 10 ft
200kn - < 10 ft
300kn - < 10 ft
400kn - < 10 ft
This chart mentions arming times of min. 0.08sec
http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/2433/handwerkzeugbombenwurf.jpg

That is why those TD-Mod guys have disqualified themselves. Just because some arm chair historians say this is how it must be for all, is not a convincing arguement for me. And compared to those smart alexs I have been a bit closer to bomb fuses then they have, as I actually used to work with them.
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m290/RSS-Martin/Bombenznder1a.jpg

csThor
01-31-2011, 08:09 AM
Auch wenn ich gern das passende auf Deutsch sagen würde, mach ichs besser auf englisch.

And now I'm supposed to be impressed? Ever considered that this 2sec thingy is a step in-between like the reduced pylon weights in 4.09 were? Okay then let me spill it (again): 4.11 will bring individual arming times for bombs. And don't forget that this topic is a bit more difficult and complex and wants to be researched and discussed. Was the 4.10 solution optimal? No, and we never advertized it as such. But as a former weapons mechanic you should admit that the previous 0sec arming time was plain bullsh*t.

I apologize for the OT but I had to say what I did say. Back to CoD now ...

Rjel
01-31-2011, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by csThor:
I apologize for the OT but I had to say what I did say. Back to CoD now ...

Yes I agree. I don't want to derail the discussion or the excitement I think we all share for CoD. I'm hoping for it a long shelf life and many add ons. And a new name. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

RSS-Martin
01-31-2011, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by csThor:
Auch wenn ich gern das passende auf Deutsch sagen würde, mach ichs besser auf englisch.

And now I'm supposed to be impressed? Ever considered that this 2sec thingy is a step in-between like the reduced pylon weights in 4.09 were? Okay then let me spill it (again): 4.11 will bring individual arming times for bombs. And don't forget that this topic is a bit more difficult and complex and wants to be researched and discussed. Was the 4.10 solution optimal? No, and we never advertized it as such. But as a former weapons mechanic you should admit that the previous 0sec arming time was plain bullsh*t.

I apologize for the OT but I had to say what I did say. Back to CoD now ...
Why should I wish to impress you? Who are you?
I never said with one word that the 4.09 sollution was good did I? But from bad to worse is not what I call progress.
I hope very much that CoD is a improvement on this sector, and that changes can only me made by people who know what they are doing.

ElAurens
01-31-2011, 10:44 PM
Back to where we go after CoD.

Ladies and Gents, I will predict that we will never see Oleg return to the Pacific.

His studio was badly hurt by UBI's screw up with the box art of Pacific Fighters, and the subsequent legal actions by "The Large American Company". Once bitten, twice shy, as they say.

The CBI, as much as I would love to go there, is also out because of the political ramifications with the People's Republic over Nationalist China. We cannot have the Hakenkreuz officially in the sim because of Pan European political correctness run amok, why would you think the Red Chinese would ever allow the "White Sun-Blue Sky" insignia of Nationalist China to be shown on an aircraft skin?

Not going to happen.

My future chronology for the sim after CoD is as follows...

1. North Africa. Lots of easy to model open terrain, no US Navy aircraft we can't have, able to initially use aircraft from CoD. No brainer here.

2. RRG Studio's "Project Galba" Korean War sim using the new engine of CoD. Though I predict limited plane sets because of the troubles with "The Large American Company" again.

3. Return to Mother Russia. Oleg announces huge expansion of sim into the Eastern Front, with ground warfare playable as well. Huge maps that will include combined air/land operations and ongoing campaigns.

4. After no more than 2 years of the combined ops sim, Maddox Games collapses under weight of gigantic project. I will be past retirement age by then, and probably wont' be able to see a monitor well enough to play anyway.

Just how I see it playing out.

Chivas
02-01-2011, 02:33 AM
Depending on how big a highly detailed map can be developed will have alot to do with Olegs next project. Right now I'm guessing Malta and/or North Africa. I just can't think of a Theater that will raise eyebrows other than maybe the Flying Tigers in Burma/China

I think Oleg will do the Pacific again. After Luthier completes the Korean addon I wouldn't doubt he starts looking into a Pacific Theater addon. If he can get the American manufacturers to pay them for advertising their aircraft. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

M_Gunz
02-01-2011, 10:58 PM
Word is that USAAF planes will not be a problem in CoD. That's supposed to be from Oleg.

China won't allow Nationalist planes/markings? Democratic Russia won't allow SOVIET planes either?

Pacific will take multiple releases to cover the full period. Maybe just one to do Pearl to Midway.

Release of CoD should prove Maddox Games to be experienced enough to know their own reach. How many times has it been declared vaporware?

M_Gunz
02-01-2011, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by RSS-Martin:
Oh it is no secret and easy to find on the banana forum but here is the material too just look for yourself:
http://www.abload.de/img/mindestabwurfhhefqhj.png
http://books.google.com/books?id=hd8DAAAAMBAJ&pg=PA13&dq=popular+Mechanics+1944+Marader&hl=en&ei=tq2iTI7hEouenQflj92IBA&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CC0Q6AEwAA#v=onepage&q&f=true
Also a very good read is this book on the topic:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obi...05/thewolfboutique#_ (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0275945405/thewolfboutique#_)
Here the regulations for the German bombs and there useage:
http://www.deutsche-luftwaffe....rf%20L.Dv.%208-5.pdf (http://www.deutsche-luftwaffe.org/archiv/Dokumente/ABC/b/Bomben/Vorschriften/Der%20Bombenabwurf%20L.Dv.%208-5/Der%20Bombenabwurf%20L.Dv.%208-5.pdf)
page12, left upper table.

Also the Henschel has a bomb visor for a min. height of 10m, as of the TD mod guys a no go. Guess Henschel did something wrong and did not ask TD??

Fuze: m112,113,114
Type: Impact/inertia with 4-15 second delay
Bombs: All GP bombs
Air Travel to Arm: 100ft
Vertical fall required to arm with a dive angle of 0 degrees:
100kn - 10 ft
200kn - < 10 ft
300kn - < 10 ft
400kn - < 10 ft
This chart mentions arming times of min. 0.08sec
http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/2433/handwerkzeugbombenwurf.jpg

That is why those TD-Mod guys have disqualified themselves. Just because some arm chair historians say this is how it must be for all, is not a convincing arguement for me. And compared to those smart alexs I have been a bit closer to bomb fuses then they have, as I actually used to work with them.
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m290/RSS-Martin/Bombenznder1a.jpg

Interesting though I can't read German. 0.08 sec is pre-loaded mechanism requiring only release? If there is only one value should that apply to all? Be sure that many Allied bombs were not so.

We can only hope that 4.10 to 4.11 development takes less than 4.09 to 4.10 did. Perhaps a year's pay for one to be full time or two part time would help? Say about $40,000 - $60,000?

ElAurens
02-02-2011, 06:21 AM
Max, I was a bit over the top in my prediction that the ground war expansion would be the end of the line. That would be the last thing I would want to have happen to my "gaming/simulation" hobby. As you can tell by my join date I have been here a while, and will continue to be here as long as there is supported content from Oleg.

This series has given me more value for my hard earned dollars than any other thing I have ever done for diversion, and that includes my stints in high performance driving schools and working as a crew chief in US vintage sports car racing.

I do stand by my call about the People's Republic putting the brakes on any attempt to portray the role of the Kuomintang Government in the war against Imperial Japan. Seeing this...

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3310/3432116475_b0854bb660.jpg

in the game will be reason for them to ban it's sale in mainland China, a market that no sane business will pass up.

I don't like it, as this theater, from 1937 onwards would make for an amazing addition to the series for us. So many different aircraft types, varied terrain, and the fact that their war against China was the primary reason for the Imperial Japanese to expand out into the Pacific to obtain raw materials from the Netherlands East Indies.

An amazing, and little understood part of WW2 as a whole.

Targ
02-05-2011, 12:15 PM
Is this a join date test thread?

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

M_Gunz
02-05-2011, 02:51 PM
You see by my start date the date my name here changed at my request. I've been here since before November 2001.

BadA1m
02-05-2011, 05:25 PM
LOL ELAurens! I suspect that the same thing could happen in the 'States by then too, as China might own/control us by then.

Bearcat99
02-05-2011, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by csThor:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rjel:
Considering the large modding community that most of us enjoy in IL2, there's little reason not to believe some of those folks can and will migrate to CoD probably sooner than later. While the system in CoD is supposed to be different it isn't hard to imagine many more hands making maps and planes only speeding up the process.

Very doubtful. For starters there won't be tools until "after the release" (and the exact timeframe was never specified, it could be days, it could be months). Secondly the modelling detail is astronomical, even Maddox Games says that a single cockpit takes roughly 6 months of hard work for an experienced modeller. And ultimately the tool set will not have full access to FM and the user-made maps will be limited in dimensions (specifics are unknown at this point). I suspect the modders will get their go at the new engine, but it remains to be seen when that happens and how long it takes to get geared up. Not to mention that I doubt we'll see more than a handful of user-made stuff that a) fulfills specifications and b) is not the usual "KeWl late-war über-cannoned über-plane" totally out of place in a simulation of the air war of 1940 ... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Even those limited tools will IMO be a good thing.... I have seen some great talent come from the modding community.. the fact that some of the most creative moddes of a few years back are now on TD is IMO a testimony to the veracity of some of the mod work being done.


Originally posted by DKoor:
Your question is probably connected to the fact that you don't really enjoy a prospect of playing BoB? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif


No not really... but I want to support 1C because call me naive, but I seem to think there is a connection between how well CoD does.. and how soon or potentially how much new content comes out. I still have IL2 ... and even WoP for now for other stuff... but I think the extra graphics, features, new FMs & DMs of CoD will be worth the initial buy.. even if I am not particularly interested in the theater. I made a shortsighted mistake once with 1C in IL2 (and I also didn't have the rig to run it at the time.. my then PII didn't even meet the box specs of IL2..) and ... this is just me too each his own... considering what I got from IL2 with hindsight.. I think that my hard earned cash will be well spent.


Originally posted by Chivas:
The only problem with waiting is, if enough people do the same thing, the series could easily die.

This is my concern as well... especially considering that UBI is publishing it.. they are going to be looking at their bottom line all the way.


Originally posted by ElAurens:
Back to where we go after CoD.
Ladies and Gents, I will predict that we will never see Oleg return to the Pacific.
His studio was badly hurt by UBI's screw up with the box art of Pacific Fighters, and the subsequent legal actions by "The Large American Company". Once bitten, twice shy, as they say.
The CBI, as much as I would love to go there, is also out because of the political ramifications with the People's Republic over Nationalist China. We cannot have the Hakenkreuz officially in the sim because of Pan European political correctness run amok, why would you think the Red Chinese would ever allow the "White Sun-Blue Sky" insignia of Nationalist China to be shown on an aircraft skin?
Not going to happen.
My future chronology for the sim after CoD is as follows...
1. North Africa. Lots of easy to model open terrain, no US Navy aircraft we can't have, able to initially use aircraft from CoD. No brainer here.
2. RRG Studio's "Project Galba" Korean War sim using the new engine of CoD. Though I predict limited plane sets because of the troubles with "The Large American Company" again.
3. Return to Mother Russia. Oleg announces huge expansion of sim into the Eastern Front, with ground warfare playable as well. Huge maps that will include combined air/land operations and ongoing campaigns.
4. After no more than 2 years of the combined ops sim, Maddox Games collapses under weight of gigantic project. I will be past retirement age by then, and probably wont' be able to see a monitor well enough to play anyway.
Just how I see it playing out.

I wouldn't rule out any theater unless it came directly from Oleg.