PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed in Portugal

ManelOliver
05-07-2011, 03:23 PM
NOTE: This is not a demand, this is not a request of some sort, it's just a suggestion or ideia of some sort.

What do you think of an Assassin's Creed in Portugal? Because i've seen some interviews about AC from the awesome guys at Ubisoft, in wich they said something like "We want to take players to places that other games donīt take them"
So far, we've been to Arabic regions, we've been to Italy, twice, and now were going to Constantinople. But i've been thinking, for ACIII, why donīt make a game in Portugal? It's a country with so much cool history and events in the pass. This video shows most of the important stuff:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2pPSAAFSbk
Now, i'm not demanding, i'm just asking,
would you like a game in Portugal?
AND... did you noticed that the image from the piece when they talk about templars is a AC1 image? That's what gave me the ideia to start this thread.

iN3krO
05-07-2011, 04:56 PM
some of the things in the videos i didn't know :O... Ppl didn't want french revolution? it could be at portugal and assassin's were helping portugal against napolean trops... Plus there is an episode in "Porto" (Oporto for english ppl) when we send all our food to Lisbon and staid only with the entrails of the pigs, this would be one of the missions where we should have to be sure that the food reachs Lisbon...

The cities are not as big as italian cities so you could do some more cities and travel between them like in ac2 (to make it faster) or like in ac1 but with 3 kingdom parts (north, midle, south)...

Other part of story you could chose was the creation of portugal, we had to fight against arabs and against spain at the same time... Portuguese's Assassin's should ally Arab's Assassin's to make sure there are not many citzen death... (this aside the main storyline that should be ubisoft creating) :P

ManelOliver
05-07-2011, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by daniel_gervide:
some of the things in the videos i didn't know :O... Ppl didn't want french revolution? it could be at portugal and assassin's were helping portugal against napolean trops... Plus there is an episode in "Porto" (Oporto for english ppl) when we send all our food to Lisbon and staid only with the entrails of the pigs, this would be one of the missions where we should have to be sure that the food reachs Lisbon...

The cities are not as big as italian cities so you could do some more cities and travel between them like in ac2 (to make it faster) or like in ac1 but with 3 kingdom parts (north, midle, south)...

Other part of story you could chose was the creation of portugal, we had to fight against arabs and against spain at the same time... Portuguese's Assassin's should ally Arab's Assassin's to make sure there are not many citzen death... (this aside the main storyline that should be ubisoft creating) :P
Yeah, totally. And in Portugal the Templar activities were important and there are mant temples in lots of cities. It would be awesome to run aroung Lisbon or Santarem.

iN3krO
05-07-2011, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by ManelOliver:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by daniel_gervide:

Yeah, totally. And in Portugal the Templar activities were important and there are mant temples in lots of cities. It would be awesome to run aroung Lisbon or Santarem. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Joke Coming: Yeah, lisbon... Porto is to big and should be made on ACR:B hehehe

O6EvolutionIXMR
05-07-2011, 09:43 PM
We also had one of the last strongholds for the Knights Templar http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C..._the_Order_of_Christ (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Convent_of_the_Order_of_Christ)
http://de.academic.ru/pictures/dewiki/84/Tomartemplarschurch2.jpg

Educampos
06-09-2012, 04:09 PM
Yeah, a but fully AC in Portugal is a bit lame.
Don't get me wrong, I'm portuguese, but Portugal is very small, and we can't go back in time to relive the years between 1490-1515 that are that are experienced in AC2, ACB and ACR when Portugal was huge. They could do in the last AC, a giant game whitch happens in all Europe, with 3 or 4 cities in each country. A game where we could play with 2 ASSASSIN'S, father and son! Travelling between Portugal, Spain, France, the United Kingdom, Germany and Russia, pursuing templars and those who oppose the liberal revolutions that are happening between 1800 and 1850 throught all Europe. Wouldn't this be awesome? :cool:

freddie_1897
06-09-2012, 05:11 PM
I'd rather see Burma during the colonial era or london during the Victorian/Tudor eras

Sushiglutton
06-09-2012, 05:18 PM
I wouldn't mind at all. But tbh I don't think it will happen :(. It's just not as well known as the previous locations/eras in the franchise. When you say "Portugal 1500" I don't think people get an imidiate mental image as you do when somenone says "American Revoulution". Not that that's a bad thing in principal, I mean in some ways it's more fun to explore new settings. And like I said I would love it. I just don't think Ubi is interested as it would make marketing a lot harder (AC3 on the other hand is basically marketing itself).

blazefp
06-09-2012, 08:26 PM
Wow I saw this thread's name and I was like "Is there going to be an event of AC of some kind here in Portugal? O_o" Turns out it was something I've already said. I'm not criticizing the title, I was just super hyped for about 3 seconds xD

I'll obviously say yes to this idea, it's something I'd definitely enjoy. Not only an AC game but also in my country, on streets I've already walked, buildings I've already climbed (haha jk xD), it'd be an awesome sense of identification with the character. Plus our story is something of a kind, full of twists and "secrets" that we don't learn in school and a constant battle with our friendly throne obsessed neighbors - Spain.

I can't find the thread, this doesn't let me use Beyond nor AC3 to search, it says they're too short words or too common but I posted my idea in that thread "Beyond AC3" (not sure if #1 or #2 though)

BATISTABUS
06-09-2012, 10:01 PM
My parents are both Portuguese immigrants, so I'd be interested to see what Ubisoft could do with it. Still, I'm not sure how different the architecture and environments would be compared to Italy (depending on the time period). I think the best way to do this would be at the time of New World conquest, with missions in both Portugal, Central/Southern America, and other colonies.

JumpInTheFire13
06-10-2012, 03:10 AM
Wow I saw this thread's name and I was like "Is there going to be an event of AC of some kind here in Portugal? O_o" Turns out it was something I've already said. I'm not criticizing the title, I was just super hyped for about 3 seconds xD

I'll obviously say yes to this idea, it's something I'd definitely enjoy. Not only an AC game but also in my country, on streets I've already walked, buildings I've already climbed (haha jk xD), it'd be an awesome sense of identification with the character. Plus our story is something of a kind, full of twists and "secrets" that we don't learn in school and a constant battle with our friendly throne obsessed neighbors - Spain.

I can't find the thread, this doesn't let me use Beyond nor AC3 to search, it says they're too short words or too common but I posted my idea in that thread "Beyond AC3" (not sure if #1 or #2 though)
I found it:
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/662609-Beyond-ACIII-Forums?

I just googled "beyond aciii assassin's creed forums"

blazefp
06-10-2012, 04:43 PM
I found it:
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/662609-Beyond-ACIII-Forums?

I just googled "beyond aciii assassin's creed forums"

Why thank you kind sir, I don't know how I didn't remembered that xD
I do make a reference about an AC in Portugal on the 10th page but not the one I was thinking of, **** it sry xD

raff281
11-07-2013, 04:55 PM
The next assassin game has to be in Portugal.The reason being because not only of its history but for a great marketing advantage for ubisoft as a company.
Why you might ask?
.Ubisoft has opened the market and attention of English,Spanish,Arabic and other languages with its previous titles, however Portuguese is the 5th most spoken language in the world with almost half a billion native speakers alone that has not been fully tapped into in previous games.So the lingua franca is important there.

.Portugal also has long and incredible history that would not fall short of Ubisofts creativity and standards of game making. The Templar's are intertwined with Portugal histories as is with the entire Assassins franchise. Templar history from the time of reconquista in medieval age 1000's (grand master Gualdim Pais) to the age of discovery in 1400 which, thanks to the grand master prince Henry the navigator and the great Templar wealth started before any other country has before. This innovated the maritime compass the waterproof for all ships and a revolutionary sails device that allow control over the winds. Portuguese navigators helped everyone to understand through its discoveries that the world was in fact round.

ze_topazio
11-07-2013, 05:56 PM
The reason why Portuguese is the 5th most spoken language in the world is because of Brazil, not really because of us, i would say Brazil have a much higher chance.

Speaking of Portugal, i noticed some problems in AC4, one of the treasures Edward finds in the game is a page of Vasco da Gama diary, however in the game is written, Vasco DE Gama, DE is wrong, the correct is DA, and in the Kenway's fleet missions you can send ships to Portugal to, among many others missions, sell wine for a party in the royal palace, the Ribeira palace, the name is Ribeira and not Rebeira.

And small nitpicking, i have not reach sequence 10 yet, but i have stumble upon it on Youtube and couldn't resist taking a small peak, i noticed that the Portuguese flag, totally taken from Wikipedia, just like all the other flags in the game(you thought i wouldn't notice didn't you?), while it is the correct design, has the problem that the castles, in the coat of arms, are the castles with the modern design introduced when the Republican flag was created, the major difference is that the modern castles have the door closed, while during the monarchy the door was open.

blazefp
11-07-2013, 11:31 PM
I don't think Ubi chooses the location for their games based on which country has more people [or maybe they do ;)]

Portugal would be a great place for AC due to his history, possibilities for great stories, landscape, people etc etc etc Not because portuguese is the 5th most spoken language in the world.
Most people don't know it but we were once one of the most important countries in the world, our territory was once bigger than Russia.
Of course now some people mistake it for a province of Spain...

Landruner
11-08-2013, 12:40 AM
The reason why Portuguese is the 5th most spoken language in the world is because of Brazil, not really because of us, i would say Brazil have a much higher chance.

Speaking of Portugal, i noticed some problems in AC4, one of the treasures Edward finds in the game is a page of Vasco da Gama diary, however in the game is written, Vasco DE Gama, DE is wrong, the correct is DA, and in the Kenway's fleet missions you can send ships to Portugal to, among many others missions, sell wine for a party in the royal palace, the Ribeira palace, the name is Ribeira and not Rebeira.

And small nitpicking, i have not reach sequence 10 yet, but i have stumble upon it on Youtube and couldn't resist taking a small peak, i noticed that the Portuguese flag, totally taken from Wikipedia, just like all the other flags in the game(you thought i wouldn't notice didn't you?), while it is the correct design, has the problem that the castles, in the coat of arms, are the castles with the modern design introduced when the Republican flag was created, the major difference is that the modern castles have the door closed, while during the monarchy the door was open.

I was reading what you wrote above and actually and seriously you should have this reported to the Bug team that they could update it - The author(s) of AC4 claimed to be historically accurate, well obviously the they were not quiet - I think I have an explanation for Vasco Da Gama because the French people say wrongly De Gama instead of Da. Furthermore for Ribeira and not "Rebeira" there are of lot of Portuguese people in France with that family name and most of the time the people mispronounce the name to Rebeira or (Phonetically "Rebarra"). As for the rest as well....