PDA

View Full Version : Will the PC version support mods?

XyphoidProcess
12-05-2009, 03:19 PM
I was just wondering because if it does, I might get it even though I already have the game for the Xbox360.

monkeyuncle8
12-05-2009, 05:07 PM
doubt it, otherwise this would be the best game in the world

Rodriquezz
12-05-2009, 06:11 PM
No, because with mod support nobody would fall for the DLCs milking. It's a pretty common buisnessconcept for raising profit, look at Modern Warfare 2, same concept and it's a kick into the nuts for the fanbase, like so many things in the current gaming industry.

caswallawn_2k7
12-05-2009, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by Rodriquezz:
No, because with mod support nobody would fall for the DLCs milking. It's a pretty common buisnessconcept for raising profit, look at Modern Warfare 2, same concept and it's a kick into the nuts for the fanbase, like so many things in the current gaming industry. fallout 3 DLC sold well on PC and it is heavily modable.

also in showing how a PC game should work never bring up MW2, people had to hack the game just to get dedicated servers something that is heavily used in all PC shooters. MW2 was a demonstration that they could market a piece of software without basic features.

Rodriquezz
12-05-2009, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rodriquezz:
No, because with mod support nobody would fall for the DLCs milking. It's a pretty common buisnessconcept for raising profit, look at Modern Warfare 2, same concept and it's a kick into the nuts for the fanbase, like so many things in the current gaming industry. fallout 3 DLC sold well on PC and it is heavily modable.

also in showing how a PC game should work never bring up MW2, people had to hack the game just to get dedicated servers something that is heavily used in all PC shooters. MW2 was a demonstration that they could market a piece of software without basic features. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And it also shows that people are dumb enough to buy such a terrible product, well that's our modern consumer society, buying without thinking about it.

I think AC2 is not built for modding, they could make a map editor, like the Far cry 2 editor, but i guess that's just wishful thinking and will never happen http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif