PDA

View Full Version : Is this a BUG in 3.03

walsh2509
12-27-2004, 08:44 PM
I setup a quick bombing mission for Okinawa.

I went lookout in a F6F , and I had 3 groups of 4 B17G's loaded with 8 x 1000lbs bombs. I set the hight to 7500 (metres I take it?) and set the target as the Airfield.

Now just to set the picture, I have done this before in 3.00 where the bombers bombed the grass airfield and not the main one that has the concrete runways and so on!

In the next version 3.01 the bombers hit the Main Airfield same set up as 3.00 and the same set up I used in my latest attempt in 3.03.

Bombs away came the call I had gotten down low over the island and F2'd outside for a better look ( Oh nearly forgot all the bombers were set to ACE ). The bombs this time never hit the grass airfield never mind the main airfield, some landed on the ground about halfway between the grass airfield and the small town on the island.

When you enter the QM Okinawa map you approach Okinawa you are about in line the the Main Airfield to the left over a slight hill is the grass airfield and to the bottom left of that is the small town, as I said the some of the bombs landed in the ground halfway between the grass airfield and the town the others splashed into the sea.

Is this a bug in 3.03? should the bombs have landed on the main airfield or the grass one to the left of that?

Ver 3.00

Okinawa 3 groups of 4 B17G's with 8 x 1000lbs loads: Hight 7500 :Weather Clear: Time 12:00

Crews ACE! Bombs fell right down the middle of the grass airfield.

Ver 3.01 All settings the same,

Bombs fell on Main Airfild.

Ver 3.03 All setting the same,

Bombs fell halfway between the grass airfield and the small town.

walsh2509
12-27-2004, 08:44 PM
I setup a quick bombing mission for Okinawa.

I went lookout in a F6F , and I had 3 groups of 4 B17G's loaded with 8 x 1000lbs bombs. I set the hight to 7500 (metres I take it?) and set the target as the Airfield.

Now just to set the picture, I have done this before in 3.00 where the bombers bombed the grass airfield and not the main one that has the concrete runways and so on!

In the next version 3.01 the bombers hit the Main Airfield same set up as 3.00 and the same set up I used in my latest attempt in 3.03.

Bombs away came the call I had gotten down low over the island and F2'd outside for a better look ( Oh nearly forgot all the bombers were set to ACE ). The bombs this time never hit the grass airfield never mind the main airfield, some landed on the ground about halfway between the grass airfield and the small town on the island.

When you enter the QM Okinawa map you approach Okinawa you are about in line the the Main Airfield to the left over a slight hill is the grass airfield and to the bottom left of that is the small town, as I said the some of the bombs landed in the ground halfway between the grass airfield and the town the others splashed into the sea.

Is this a bug in 3.03? should the bombs have landed on the main airfield or the grass one to the left of that?

Ver 3.00

Okinawa 3 groups of 4 B17G's with 8 x 1000lbs loads: Hight 7500 :Weather Clear: Time 12:00

Crews ACE! Bombs fell right down the middle of the grass airfield.

Ver 3.01 All settings the same,

Bombs fell on Main Airfild.

Ver 3.03 All setting the same,

Bombs fell halfway between the grass airfield and the small town.