PDA

View Full Version : any books on Kuban battles?

CzechTexan
08-17-2006, 07:34 AM
I've been trying to find more info about the Kuban battles but not having much luck. I've come across small accounts of major battles in some books but this seems to be a neglected and forgotten chapter of the war.

The air war in the Kuban region was also quite fierce. It's where Pokryshkin's P-39s dueled for control of Novorossiysk and the Taman Peninsula. The book ATTACK OF THE AIRACOBRAS has some info on the battles there. Myskhako, or Malaya Zemlya, near the port of Novorossiysk was a major battle. Here's a quote from that book: "Myskhako jointed the ranks of the greatest, most heroic defensive battles of the Great Patriotic War..."

There are some really forgotten battles in the Kuban region. It's too bad there isn't more written about them.

CzechTexan
08-17-2006, 07:34 AM
I've been trying to find more info about the Kuban battles but not having much luck. I've come across small accounts of major battles in some books but this seems to be a neglected and forgotten chapter of the war.

The air war in the Kuban region was also quite fierce. It's where Pokryshkin's P-39s dueled for control of Novorossiysk and the Taman Peninsula. The book ATTACK OF THE AIRACOBRAS has some info on the battles there. Myskhako, or Malaya Zemlya, near the port of Novorossiysk was a major battle. Here's a quote from that book: "Myskhako jointed the ranks of the greatest, most heroic defensive battles of the Great Patriotic War..."

There are some really forgotten battles in the Kuban region. It's too bad there isn't more written about them.