PDA

View Full Version : Problems with installing IL1946 on Windows 7 Professional

WildeSau1975
01-07-2011, 08:35 AM
Hi all,

I play the serie since IL-2 came out but since I have a new PC with Windows 7 (Professional 64-bit Version), I cannot install IL-1946 anymore. The installation doesn't take place at all - without any error message.

It's a pity to not be able to play the game anymore - mainly since 4.10 was release now. Really desperate....

Can anybody help me? I am not a techie at all...

Thanks & regards,

Michael

csThor
01-07-2011, 09:05 AM
IIRC you had to manually start the installation by searching the right setup tool on the DVD four you. The auto stuff didn't work properly under Vista already. You should have three folders or so, I don't have the DVD here ATM so I can't say which one is yours. I do remember the installation being a bit fiddly on my Vista notebook and I had to manually start the setup as well.

Oh and do yourself a favor and do not install the game into any of the "program files" folders. Windows's a bit picky WRT rights there and Il-2 doesn't like that.

Urufu_Shinjiro
01-07-2011, 09:54 AM
csThor is right, you have to explore the DVD and find the setup file A.exe, run that to install the game. Also as csThor said, do not install inside the Program Files folder, make a new location such as C:\Games\.

WildeSau1975
01-10-2011, 11:13 AM
Hi guys,

Thanks for your reply - I tried it with running the .exe file - but that doesnīt help either. It doesnīt run the file at all.

Has that something to do with 64-Bit Windows 7 Professional?

Thanks for any help - couldnīt play the game for more than 2 months now.... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

Regards,

Michael

TheGrunch
01-10-2011, 11:17 AM
I don't think so WildeSau, I'm pretty sure that's the OS my dad's running the game on. Did you make sure you right-clicked on a.exe and chose 'Run as administrator'?

WildeSau1975
01-10-2011, 02:56 PM
Hi Grunch,

Thanks - may thatīs the problem - that I didnīt use the admin account - will give it a try when I am at home.

Thanks and regards,

Michael